FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Back with an Aprilia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back with an Aprilia
    Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 21:34
Yeah I don’t use a sprocket cover... like the look without. The plates just the OEM one that sits under the cover normally. With shorter bolts holding it on. A little chain lube comes off but takes all of 30 seconds to wipe off after a ride Smile
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Fitz View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 21:13
just came across this !! awesome bike is absolutely mint

Do you run it without the front sprocket cover was looking at doing this myself, have you had that adaptor plate made, also thought the chain lube would go everywhere ? 
diver15 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diver15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 14:08
nice bike
wheelex View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheelex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 19:25
Wow, that bike looks great!

And that Akra system.. so nice!
Anyone knows what MHP does to get the titanium like new? 
Maaarkk View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maaarkk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 23:29
Love this, looks perfect!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 19:42
That's probably the best rsv I seen best year aswell no did respect to any one else what did you use to get it that clean if you don't mind me ask matey it looks really well 
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 14:59
i applaud you thats a gorgeous gen1 fantastic efforts its really paid off bet it looks amazing in the flesh well done that man. Now ride and enjoy 
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 09:17
Thanks lads. I actually am very proud of this bike now. Can't wait for a dry day off to kick it's head in!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 18:30
Clap  That's got to be one of the cleanest looking bikes I've seen from that era,well done for bringing it back to such a superb condition
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
deloco7 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deloco7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 17:21
That is one superb job done on that bike. Seen it on the FB page yesterday but these pictures here really show the work and attention to detail.

Quality and well done. Should be very proud of that bike.
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 15:49
Well M9rko you done it again,  absolutely stunning and love the attention to detail. Brilliant accomplishment 
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 15:21
Great work, you got it bad bro Clap Clap

Question everything.
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 14:52
She's finally finished. Ready to ride. Would have been out today but the weather's turned a bit nasty, obviously. It's been a lot of effort but worth every minute of it

Crazy colouring on the headers after a few more heat cycles

AP rearsets & QS fiitted

Clothes back on. Had to do a little trimming on the belly to clear the race shift setup & exhaust system but luckily, only a tiny bit had to come off. I also had to make 2 new brackets (the ones that hang off the rearsets) to make the belly sit 20mm lower, again for clearance 

Can't get enough of this system, work of art!

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 11:02
Haha yeah that would be interesting! Don't think I want to be the guinea pig though!

The Akra is my favourite of the 2, mainly because it's titanium from front to back unlike the Tigcraft, I've no idea what the performance increase of either system is..! Would be cool to try them back to back but I'm not sure I could be bothered swapping them over..
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
geobarb View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geobarb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 08:07
M9rko,excellent job as always my friend
geobarb View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geobarb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 08:05
LOLLOLLOL
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

A lighter full of fluid may be interesting if it fell in without you knowing!
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 07:56
A lighter full of fluid may be interesting if it fell in without you knowing!
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 01:37
nearly there mate that engine looks brand new. What was the reason for getting the akra and not fitting the tigcraft? Preferences or performance?
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 21:30
Valve clearances checked... all within tolerance! New gaskets fitted too as old ones were leaking 

Domino QAT & new spark plugs too

Love this headlamp cover... 

Akra system back from it's refurb at MHP. Feeling very lucky to have found one of these! Lighter is for scale, it makes some noise!

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 15:18
Originally posted by Fugly Fugly wrote:

And of course Adam should of been Mark Wink

Was blinded by the cleanliness
I dont want to be Mark im happy being me.....I'll have his parts stash though
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 10:59
Haha thanks everyone LOL Serious case of OCD, it's a very messy and tedious task but it's so satisfying to be able to go to the garage and not see a spec of dirt anywhere on it... only have to do it once too really, as long as you don't ride through any puddles it's easy to keep on top of! 

Itching to get those exhaust systems back now, I think MHP are really busy because of BSB etc starting soon, fingers crossed I get them back in time...!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
wilko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 09:18
Woah - factory fresh bud, great work. I partially stripped and cleaned my 03R over winter, but your efforts put me to shame. 
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 09:15
And of course Adam should of been Mark Wink

Was blinded by the cleanliness
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 09:14
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

I think you put 99.99% of us to shame Mark
And some im not sure if you've a problem or im jealous of the attention to detail. Looks awesome mate!

I was having those same thoughts Adam, mine is coming apart for a good clean behind the rads etc but an envious of the level of cleanliness you've achieved there.

Well done sicko Thumbs UpThumbs Up
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 02:54
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

And some im not sure if you've a problem or im jealous of the attention to detail. Looks awesome mate!
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 19:57

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
j180 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 16:45
Looks stunning mucke.
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 16:17
So I've been cleaning bike parts for 6 weeks now and I'm finally finished. Everything is ready to start putting back together. There's a good chance I'll make it for the 5th service day now to get the TB's / trim pots tuned up. Although it all depends on getting the exhausts back from MHP... 

I stumbled across an Akrapovic EVO 5 titanium system with the even rarer curved carbon hanger (I have Nickyboy to thank for the alert). Bought it and it's now with MHP along with the Tigcraft. Both getting refurbished / cleaned to factory finish / resleeved and banded etc etc. The Tigcraft will now be getting sold on!

Here's the Akra as it stands, will look good as new hopefully once it's back (and I'll be getting a proper carbon strap / decal)

Some more parts cleaned

Bike's now pretty much spotless from whatever angle you choose to look at it... Just the way I like it

It came with brand new 16/44 sprockets and a 108 chain... But even with the back wheel right up as far as it will go, there's only 20mm slack on the chain, and the new tyre is very f**king close to the swingarm. So I've ordered a 15t front which will give a little more adjustment and tyre clearance. If the gearing turns out too mad I'll get a 43/42 rear

Starting to look like a bike again

Next up (hopefully completed before the service day)

Valve clearance checks and new gaskets
New spark plugs
Fit TB's, Jolly airbox, Domino QAT, tank 
Fit exhaust
Run with distilled water, drain, repeat and fill with new coolant
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 12:24
Originally posted by m9rko m9rko wrote:

It does seem a long time Big Un. In hindsight I’d have never have got rid of the gen 2... but hey ho.

So, with such a history with your Gen2 - and driven in anger on track - then moving away albeit to a V4 Aprilia - it will be interesting to hear your comparison of Gen1 and Gen2. Once you have some miles on it, do let us have your thoughts please.

m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 10:16
It does seem a long time Big Un. In hindsight I’d have never have got rid of the gen 2... but hey ho.

Yeah a dates been set mate, I’m sure it’s start of April but give the shop a call! Cancelled my space because I’m never going to be ready, too many bits in the post and who knows when they’ll arrive now, plus lots of work and a wedding leading up to it... might still make it but not looking likely now!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic