rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Your Bike
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The upgrades continue..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The upgrades continue..
    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 23:35

Well managed to finish off fitting the Evo6 and getting it all buttoned back up today...I'm a happy bunny, I think that looks very cool on the bike...still a few more tweaks to get it ready for spring but it's getting there😎..

Forgive the shrubbery photobombing the bike
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 00:22
Oh mate, how cool is that! Shocked  Smile

Thats awesome Big smile

Question everything.
cheesy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
top chef!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 01:21
Awesome
Not jealous of that system much
04 Tuono Fighter
1060 gen2 motor & some....
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 05:48
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Oh mate, how cool is that! Shocked  Smile

Thats awesome Big smile

Cheers Rick.

Looks tidy doesn't it, still can't believe how good MHP brought the silencers back up, I'm very impressed with their work, they'll definitely be my go to people if i ever need anything doing again. 🖒
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 05:50
Originally posted by cheesy cheesy wrote:

Awesome
Not jealous of that system much

Wicked system aren't they Cheesy, I'd given up on finding one but then up this popped..took a bit of fettling and locating of missing parts but it's in really good nick now and just sets the bike off I think.   
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 08:40
Bike looks sweet.

You're right to mention the bush though.....needs a trim.

Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 09:17
Nice!
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 09:35
Absolutely badass . Looks so much better than the mivvs mate not to mention the weight/ power boost they must give especially with the 1060.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 09:35
Originally posted by davidrsurfer davidrsurfer wrote:

Bike looks sweet.

You're right to mention the bush though.....needs a trim.

It is a tad hirsute isn't it
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 09:42
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Absolutely badass . Looks so much better than the mivvs mate not to mention the weight/ power boost they must give especially with the 1060.

Morning Ad.
Looks wicked doesn't it, just need those links to blue up again now ...
Only had a little run out yesterday ,and it obviously needs setting up again now, but it didnt feel any stronger in the midrange particularly but did feel like it had a stronger top end how, it even picked the front up slightly in 4th which took me by surprise as it wasn't over a ridge or anything like that...so it'll be interesting to see what the next dyno session comes up with , compared to last time, although they're only numbers at the end of the day, it's how it feels that really matters.

How's the stator saga coming on Ad? You going the West country route? Seems to be getting the thumbs up from most people in the bits I've read.
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 09:49
Bike looks sweet mate. Love those bar end mirrors.

Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 10:50
Originally posted by Sabre Sabre wrote:

Bike looks sweet mate. Love those bar end mirrors.

🖒😎..

They're Oberon 60mm ones Sabre, I just wanted the smallest I could find when I got them but they are surprisingly good, better than the oem mirrors I think.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 09:34
Originally posted by Paddedcell100 Paddedcell100 wrote:

Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Morning Ad.
Looks wicked doesn't it, just need those links to blue up again now ...
Only had a little run out yesterday ,and it obviously needs setting up again now, but it didnt feel any stronger in the midrange particularly but did feel like it had a stronger top end how, it even picked the front up slightly in 4th which took me by surprise as it wasn't over a ridge or anything like that...so it'll be interesting to see what the next dyno session comes up with , compared to last time, although they're only numbers at the end of the day, it's how it feels that really matters.

How's the stator saga coming on Ad? You going the West country route? Seems to be getting the thumbs up from most people in the bits I've read.

Yeah mate it looks fantastic makes me want it, 4th gear wheelies sound fun dont let me have a go I'll never bring it back

For a stator update see my other thread cant hijack this one
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 17:17
That looks totally awesome. The shrubbery I mean 😂😂😂😂.seriously though bike looking stunning buddy 👌👍
born ugly what's your excuse!!
deloco7 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deloco7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 17:41
I used to think that Carries Black Dream was the nicest G2 Tuono I'd seen.......however, this one has overtaken it  with this latest addition.

Top quality work and stunning looking bike Clap
colinmeadows View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 18:55
stunning bike mate , were did you go for the akrapovic springs for the system as i need a few for my evo 6 system and a bung for the front pipe. also are both of the bungs on your headers lockwired and what too ???
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 22:17
Originally posted by cwp cwp wrote:

That looks totally awesome. The shrubbery I mean 😂😂😂😂.seriously though bike looking stunning buddy 👌👍

.....cheers CW,I'm very proud of that shrub.....f@cking thing has me every time I have to look at my gas meter .
Oh, cheers for the bike compliment as well...lol 🖒🖒
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 22:20
Originally posted by deloco7 deloco7 wrote:

I used to think that Carries Black Dream was the nicest G2 Tuono I'd seen.......however, this one has overtaken it  with this latest addition.

Top quality work and stunning looking bike Clap

Cheers Del.   

I'd wanted an Evo6 system for ages but I didn't think it would look that good once fitted, I'm well chuffed with how it's turned out and it does sound sweet, much quieter than the Mivvs but that's not a bad thing as I'm getting older and less anti-social(slightly ).
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 22:28
Originally posted by colinmeadows colinmeadows wrote:

stunning bike mate , were did you go for the akrapovic springs for the system as i need a few for my evo 6 system and a bung for the front pipe. also are both of the bungs on your headers lockwired and what too ???

Cheers Col.
She's not a bad looker really is she .

I needed a load of new springs when I got the system so got these from Ultimate parts, they were way cheaper than anybody else for proper Akra ones, I think it worked out about £32 for 8 if I remember correctly🤔.

No, nothing's lockwired yet...the front one was but I cut it off to clean everything up and it's still gotta go to dyno so I'll wait until that's done.
It's only the front one that will need wiring as the lambda sensor will go back in the back port (im assuming?) .... i did speak to Andy at BSD and he said that it could just be removed as it's not doing anything on map 2 but M9rko did say that he left his alone as it can throw a fault code up, so I'll just leave it in the rear port after its all set up.
jrenoc View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrenoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 22:35
I do like those exhaust hangers, whole bike is looking good
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 22:56

I used to think that Carries Black Dream was the nicest G2 Tuono I'd seen.

Whatever happened to Carrie?
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 23:42
Originally posted by jrenoc jrenoc wrote:

I do like those exhaust hangers, whole bike is looking good

Cheers dude .

I've got the carbon ones that came with the system but I'd already got the Sato ones and I think they're the dogs doodahs 😎
deloco7 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deloco7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 00:02
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

I used to think that Carries Black Dream was the nicest G2 Tuono I'd seen.

Whatever happened to Carrie?

don't know Legend, I think she still is an admin on the AP FB page. She bought a V4 1100 Tuono but think she was planning on selling it  and keeping the G2 T.

I've not seen her comment on anything for a long while tho so maybe given up on Apes (although i doubt she would ever sell Mistress....)
RSVFIFE View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSVFIFE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 07:15
Never been a lover of the Gen 2’s, RSV’s or Tuono’s...

But sh*t me I am now .. I’m finding myself checking out Gen 2 T’s now!

Absolutely stunning dude, the exhaust really finishes it off. Loved the PB write up on it too. Good work bud, not jealous at all. Roll on summer so you can fully enjoy it this year.   
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 09:29
is it possible to buy the big Akra stickers?
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 12:46
Originally posted by budd budd wrote:

Yes chap, I got those from Ultimate parts but any Aprilia parts place should be able to get them (unless they've been discontinued but I wouldn't think so)...

They're part number AP8797215

😎🖒
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 12:51
Originally posted by RSVFIFE RSVFIFE wrote:

Never been a lover of the Gen 2’s, RSV’s or Tuono’s...

But sh*t me I am now .. I’m finding myself checking out Gen 2 T’s now!

Absolutely stunning dude, the exhaust really finishes it off. Loved the PB write up on it too. Good work bud, not jealous at all. Roll on summer so you can fully enjoy it this year.   

Cheers Glynn .

Glad to see it's inspiring people to empty their wallets , same as it has for me .

The Akra is neat isn't it, it's probably my favourite bit of the bike now and I get the right hump if I see any muck on it, out comes the cloth...hehe

Im sure it'll be finished at some point as well (yeah right ).
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 13:40
Originally posted by Paddedcell100 Paddedcell100 wrote:

Originally posted by budd budd wrote:

Yes chap, I got those from Ultimate parts but any Aprilia parts place should be able to get them (unless they've been discontinued but I wouldn't think so)...

They're part number AP8797215

😎🖒

cheers, very nice bike BTW
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 14:21
Cheers Budd🖒
geobarb View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geobarb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 17:18
evo 6,the icing on the cakeClap
Enjoy the beast as much as you can
4th gear wheelies must be insane feelingShockedThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic