rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hats off to DPD...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hats off to DPD...
    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 00:18
I put my Mivvs up for sale on couple of FB groups last Sunday, sold them to a chap in Holland and was getting some crazy shipping quotes apart from one from DPD (via Parcel2Go) which was £16.00....😮

They collected the parcel about 9am on weds and it was delivered by 1pm on Friday...£16.00 for a 10kg parcel, 3 day delivery to Holland....i'm gobsmacked....😀.

So if anybody is after a decent shipping option then give them a go (via Parcel2Go , it was £23.00 via the DPD website)...oh one thing to watch though, never checked before but I couldn't get any insurance to cover carbon fibre...so check the small print if you are sending any bits out that you sell in future.
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
cheesy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
top chef!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 01:33
Used dpd a few times.
Sent my old belly pan to Holland and something else to Spain before.
Get there quicker than Royal mail for letters
04 Tuono Fighter
1060 gen2 motor & some....
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 02:20
Originally posted by cheesy cheesy wrote:

Used dpd a few times.
Sent my old belly pan to Holland and something else to Spain before.
Get there quicker than Royal mail for letters

Crazy how cheap it was (and how good it was), the cheapest quote from parcelforce was £110....i was sure the price I was quoted must have been a mistake but obviously not... I'll definitely use them again in future.
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 08:52
+1 for dpd. What I like about them (and ups) is you can get your parcels dropped off at a local shop, so you don't have to be at home for delivery.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 08:53
Got a pair of oz’s Sent to the States for about 65

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 08:54
Adam, I’ve used dpd almost exclusively for all the parts from the 3 bikes I’ve broken in the last 12 months... and yep they are spot on

However

It’s parcel c**ty you need to be wary of. On the rare occasion something goes wrong they are as useful as tits on a fish. Had an absolute nightmare with a box of stuff sent to some middle eastern country last year, dpd won’t speak to you because you booked it through parcel c**ty, parcel c**ty utterly f**king useless... amazingly it worked out in the end but it was an uncomfortable few weeks with a very valuable box missing somewhere.

If you can, book direct via dpd’s website
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 08:57
Yodel...don't touch 'em with a sh*tty stick. Trying to talk to a real person if you have a problem is like pulling teeth.

dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 13:40
DPD are great,Parcelforce are the worst amongst others.
Parcelforce out of ten parcels only once did they post a card through the letter box, so I never knew if an attempt was made to deliver.
I phoned them and told them that I know that they are an equal opportunities employer, but if the driver can't climb the stairs and can't access the main access by pressing the button because he too small, he's not fit for purpose. Their tracking is abysmal.
My slipper clutch was sent on Tuesday lunch time in his lunch break through Newzeland post, the tracking was informative , got an email every time it was scanned. It arrived Friday lunchtime, unbelievable
SpannerMonkey View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpannerMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 20:54
Ive sent a bog box off aprilia goodies to NZ. 2.5kg fully insured too £450 arrived in 5 days woth dpd. Bloody brilliant. Used them for denmark also. Cant fault them 💪
2000 RSV Mille (track)
2008 Tuono R (factory spec)
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 08:37
I ordered a Brembo RCS Clutch lever from Italy on Monday afternoon. It was in my hands at 12.30 on Wednesday afternoon. UPS, cant fault them.

Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 15:08
Still waiting for delivery of some carbon via RM48...it's already been 72 hours since despatch. Fkn amateurs.
Dklong View Drop Down
L plate
L plate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dklong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 16:12
Does this only come in one variant? I looked into this and saw an adjustable one and a 16mm one. Which one did you get as I'm getting dizzy trying to work it out Dead
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic