rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CF Tank!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CF Tank!!!!
    Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 17:32
Guys I'm in shock. I've blown part of my cf wheel money, but when does a gen 1 cf tank come up, if ever.

I can't believe I've just got one. Never thought I would even see one Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile

Question everything.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 17:33
Question everything.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 17:34
Amazing, where did you find that?
addiction269 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addiction269 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 17:36
Did you pay the full 750 bud?
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 17:40
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

Amazing, where did you find that?

A chap called Steve posted the Ebay link on the FB page.

I dove straight in, as fast as my fingers could!!!
Question everything.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 17:43
Faaaaakin ell geeza thats gorgeous! I just commented in the slipper post about a parts pile and how trick your bijes going to be then i see this. Well done mate you've got a great find there hemi's going to be very jealous
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
addiction269 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addiction269 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 17:44
That’d be me 👍🏻 I knew someone would snatch it up!
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 17:45
Originally posted by addiction269 addiction269 wrote:

Did you pay the full 750 bud?

I did buddy. There was no make an offer button. No point in bargaining on such a rare item, when others might buy it now, after being posted on the FB page. Had to get in quick. No regrets, the wheels will have to wait a bit longer, I can get some of those anytime... but this... wow. Just wow!
Question everything.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 17:45
Very very nice, I know what you'll be cuddling in bed tonight. Every now again I keep hinting to morepower to make me one.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 17:46
Originally posted by addiction269 addiction269 wrote:

That’d be me 👍🏻 I knew someone would snatch it up!

Mate I'm so grateful for that, like you wouldn't know!!

I owe you a huge thankyou Steve Big smile Big smile Big smile
Question everything.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 17:54
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

Very very nice, I know what you'll be cuddling in bed tonight. Every now again I keep hinting to morepower to make me one.

I've been really lucky Hemi. My wallet doesn't think so these last few days, but this will give me more happiness than money ever could.

I would have jumped at the chance if Morepower had agreed to go for it. Would have paid in advance etc. I hope he does for you and others. I'll post a few better pics when it turns up. Thumbs Up
Question everything.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 18:00
I offered to buy 5 off of him, keep 1 and sell the rest on but he didn't get back to me.
Jollygiant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Carbon Whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollygiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 18:03

I offered to buy 5 off of him, keep 1 and sell the rest on but he didn't get back to me.

You really want pre-reg when it comes to tanks, not wet lay.
Check out my pre-preg carbon fibre
www.jollyscarbon.co.uk
www.facebook.com/jollyscarbon
www.instagram.com/jollyscarbon

Has done The Ring…..Slowly but I did it!!
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 18:15
Originally posted by Jollygiant Jollygiant wrote:

Hey Jolly, when you get yours made you will have the market cornered, snap to it!   LOL
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 18:35

they were Richards tanks so no wet lay I thought you would have know that

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 18:36
Pleased for you Rick ...right place ,right time

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 18:46
Thanks Mark. Empty wallet and a happy me. Right place and time as you say. Well my luck's changing it would seem. They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy CF and that's sort of the same thing. Wink
Question everything.
cheesy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
top chef!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 07:49
I've only ever seen one cf tank in all the time I've had the brand.

Memory serves me yoydne we're the only ones to produce unless it was a special one off.

It's gonna look emmense on ya rsv
04 Tuono Fighter
1060 gen2 motor & some....
wilko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 09:01
That is bl88dy lovely
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 09:15
Ooooh Rick, ya bugger!
That is sooo sooo nice matey, really pleased for you knowing what a carbon crack whore you are
She's gonna be amazing when she see's the light of day again matey. Is it a larger capacity? You'll need it with the 1060...
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 12:10

I wonder if it's ethanol resistant ?

A friend bought a 'new' fibreglass petrol tank for his 1960s ducati 350 single, filled it up with petrol, went for a ride and next morning the tank was on the garage floor along with all the petrol lol.
Why it isn't law to state how much ethanol is in petrol is beyonder me, they can sell any sh*t they like !
RobertyBob View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertyBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 12:17
I had a CF tank on my old Speed Triple and it was such a piece of art.  Should never of sold it.

Before I put fuel in it I had it sealed with Caswell just to be on the safe side.
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 12:19
yep, sealing it would be a requirement unless you can guarantee it was made using ethanol resistant resin which is really unlikely
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 12:20
which is why I am trying (& failing) to make an ally one
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 12:23

Ethanol attacks aluminium too.....
it's horrible stuff, only added to petrol to raise American cerial prices and destroy virgin forests and jungles in 3rd world countries !
Jollygiant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Carbon Whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollygiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 12:25
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

they were Richards tanks so no wet lay I thought you would have know that

I got the wrong end of the post....

I thought he meant the guy that made the wet lay one the OP bought.

There needs to be a minimum of 8 people with deposits and a new tank before a mould would be made. 
They would be £850-1000 each.

Check out my pre-preg carbon fibre
www.jollyscarbon.co.uk
www.facebook.com/jollyscarbon
www.instagram.com/jollyscarbon

Has done The Ring…..Slowly but I did it!!
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 13:42
Thanks guys, I spoke with the seller last night and he's digging out the full details and receipt.

He says he got it from the US some years back now. He said it's very high quality and 100% the real deal. It cost him over 2k and says is exquisite in the flesh. He wanted to make a gen 1 Nera originally. I'll be speaking with him later today again, to arrange collection, so he will probably know/remember more.

I never thought about ethanol, blummin stuff. I always use BP ultimate and email them every now and again to check my area is still ethanol free. They add it in very few places in the uk, but it does happen in some areas. It is sealed, but I will definitely look into sealing it to make sure.

Gotta come and see you fuggers! Carbon crack whore indeed and just had an overdose LOL

Chris interesting about Yoyodyne, I'll mention it to him later and see if he's dug more info out Thumbs Up

AF1, totally with you on that mate Angry

I'll look into Caswell Bob, but need to find out what it's already sealed with, which may prove difficult. Thumbs Up

Has anyone here ever sold anything on Ebay and Paypal has withheld the money from you (the seller), for a period of time? My payment to him has gone straight through my end, all paid for -but his end, it's withholding it for up to 21 days. What's that about then?

I ordered cf intakes from Sebimoto a week or 2 ago. They said they should be here at the end of the month. Sebimoto and Motoforza are the only one who make them now, so I've had to go with what's available.

The ambition of a completely carbon mille is about to be a reality! I never thought I'd get a tank. Ever.

Another funny thing is I'd been looking for another tank for some time, because I regretted putting the Geolong carbon tank cover on my current tank. It just looks wrong. I had just put some Stompgrips on which improved it immensely. But I still wasn't happy with it.

I'm making a new bracket to hang the Arrows from. The system didn't come with the original hanger brackets and they should be 2 or 3 inches higher at the back. The Arrow stickers are now on the cans, one of which I re-sleeved, both re-packed. However, I cant remember if i put the silver tape on the inside of the new sleeve before repacking, so got to come apart to check. Lucky I bought extra rivets from Arrow!

I got both racing and road fairing uppers, I never showed you guys the race one from QB

Road version

Also got to change the Motoitalia cf seat for the Genuine Aprilia one I got from Mark.

I want to change the rear disc out for an Armstrong one so it matches the fronts it's currently wearing (not in the pics)

I've got Edwards decals for the front (both race and road) and rear, the sides I may leave blank, but have some red RSV decals for them. I got some RSV1060R decals made for the intakes when they arrive. I forgot about tank decals, maybe the Edwards ones without the big IP sticker on the top? Or I may well just leave the whole bike blank with no decals for now. Stealth.

Haven't finished fitting the Translogic dash yet. Bit of a faff and needs setting up. Perhaps on the dyno.

But the big priority at the moment is to push on and get the Gen 2 big bore engine in and set up by AP. Gotta stick the new Sigma slipper in it when it arrives.

Happy days, can't wait to have the tank in my grubby mitts Wink

Question everything.
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 14:16
Rick,
You sir are a git of the highest order!!!!
Your Gen 1 gets more and more appealing every time I see a pic of it. Am developing a severe hankering for a yellow Gen 1 R to go with my Gen 2 Tuono

Enjoy the modding mate and let me know if you need any assistance.

Fuggers

P.S.
Soon be BBQ season again
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 14:39
Originally posted by Fugly Fugly wrote:

Rick,
You sir are a git of the highest order!!!!
Your Gen 1 gets more and more appealing every time I see a pic of it. Am developing a severe hankering for a yellow Gen 1 R to go with my Gen 2 Tuono

Enjoy the modding mate and let me know if you need any assistance.

Fuggers

P.S.
Soon be BBQ season again

Right back at you Phil buddy Big smile

Thanks for your comments mate and I cannot wait for the next BBQ, say hi to Suzanna for me.

Gotta say, that I think the yellow's are stunning, the colour works really well. Be great if you did. More bikes to drool over at the next feast.

Thanks for your offers of help, you're a gent sir. I'll give you a shout if I need help, you'll be able to hear me from there LOL Thumbs Up
Question everything.
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 14:41
Howdy Rick.
When I brought my BST's off Shyted I transferred the money over to him via a PayPal friends payment while I was at his house but it didnt go straight through, it was gone from my account but it took a couple of days before he could access it... (because it was a large amount im assuming )...definitely wasn't 21 days though🤔
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic