rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Your Bike
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RSV1000R Tuono Fairing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RSV1000R Tuono Fairing
    Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 21:54
I wish to acquire and fit a fairing to my red and black 2006 Tuono.  Am unable to attach pictures to this post.  Has anyone any ideas (about fairing acquisition and attaching pictures to posts on this forum) ?

dand
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 23:22
Do you mean fir an Rsv fairing or the original tuono nose cone

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
dand View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 00:16
Not sure what your response means.  As far as I know the nose cone on my bike is the original Tuono nose cone.  Other than this there is absolutely no weather protection on my bike.  I want to remedy this, even if only marginally.  Is this clearer ?  (I could post pctures of my bike from my PC but dont see how this can be done on this forum)

dand
dand
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 05:47
So you want to remove the Tuono nose cone and fit Rsvr bodywork.
It's certainly doable, but you'll need a full set of fairing panels (inc the rsvr front fairing as the Tuono nose is completely different), then you've also got to decide if you want to keep the Tuono bars or fit Rsvr clip ons....im not sure if the Tuono bars foul the new fairing at any point ? I'm sure somebody on here can tell you.

It's quite a bit of work and expense though(finding a full fairing set with all the fixings etc, plus you might need to find a new seat unit as well so everything matches up), you might be better off just selling your Tuono and buying an Rsvr🤔
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 05:50
Try postimage.org for attaching pics, it's free and quick and easy🖒
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 06:20
Nickyboy could tell you as he did it with old yellow.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic