FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Revs don't dropped

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
FTM View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Revs don't dropped
    Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 18:14
It used to happen on both my previous Tuono's. It usually happens when you've been cruising at a constant speed, you slow for a roundabout or slow when leaving a motorway and the revs don't drop. I've tried opening and closing the throttle hard, changing gear, slamming on the brakes but nothing helps, the revs still hang up for a couple of seconds. I think the reason it happens when it's damp is because we are more gentle with the throttle and more likely to be holding a constant speed. I've heard of at least another 10 people who've had this problem over the years and non of them has ever managed to find the source of the problem. One thing we all have in common is we ride in winter and in the wet. The Tuono I own now used to have this problem but in the last 2 years I can't remember it happening. The Tuono before this one was the worst, even after fitting 57mm TB's an Edwards Carbon Airbox and different throttle cable it ran exactly the same in damp weather so the problem must be elsewhere. Good luck.
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 08:07

When wet, sounds as if your cables/twist grip/or throttle body is getting effected by water. Lift up your tank and lubricate cables etc. It could be moisture is causing something to swell and cause incorrect operation. On my rsv the throttle cables were pinched between the tank and the frame, which wore the plastic protective layer, new cables and the revs hanging was gone !
Bluemille46 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluemille46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 07:34
Had this problem on my 01 Mille too. Seems to only happen when it's wet the revs don't drop completely when I let of the throttle any ideas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic