rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Your Bike
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I've really got to stay away from eBay.. ..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I've really got to stay away from eBay.. ..
    Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 23:04
I didn't need it, but I've wanted one for a long time and I've missed out on a couple so I couldn't hold out any longer....

It needs a bit of sorting, the cans need resleeving and the carbon straps were missing and one of the carbon hangers is buggered....but I've ordered some new springs and stickers for it and somebody from the Facebook group has sorted the straps for me, so once I get the cans up to MHP in the new year i'll have a really decent nick Evo6 to go on the bike    ...
Can't wait to see how it works with the 1060😎
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
Jollygiant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Carbon Whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollygiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 23:19
Now only if someone could knock up some nice carbon hangers for you??!!Wink
Check out my pre-preg carbon fibre
www.jollyscarbon.co.uk
www.facebook.com/jollyscarbon
www.instagram.com/jollyscarbon

Has done The Ring…..Slowly but I did it!!
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 23:24
Originally posted by Jollygiant Jollygiant wrote:

Now only if someone could knock up some nice carbon hangers for you??!!Wink

Haha, I did think about some of yours actually Ian ...
Im in 2 minds at the minute though, whether to go for the carbon ones or stick with my Sato Racing hangers🤔...oh the decisions we have to make, it needs someone with the wisdom of Solomon to sort this one out🤔...
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 23:32
Do you do gen 2 carbon hangers Jolly? Just thinking that you could borrow these ones to take moulds from if you wanted to ? One is perfect, the other will be fine to take a mould from, it's just cracked on the bottom bend where it bolts to the silencer strap.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 23:49
Nice one Adam, you must be made up with that Clap

Bet you cant wait to hear those babies sing Cool

As good an ad for Ebay, as I've ever seen though buddy LOL

Question everything.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 00:11
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Nice one Adam, you must be made up with that Clap

Bet you cant wait to hear those babies sing Cool

As good an ad for Ebay, as I've ever seen though buddy LOL

Haha, well yeah, it doesn't really serve as much of a warning does it Rick ..

I am chuffed to bits to be honest , I'd kind of given up on ever getting one and then one pops up.
I can't wait to get it sorted and fitted/set up and then see how it sounds and feels... I knew my bike wasn't finished somehow
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 09:54
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 12:22
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

Have you seen these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292365434005

Cheers Legend, I had a look at those but then just under those was somebody selling the single side that I needed, £32.00 all in, happy days
Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 12:34
Evo 6 systems sound great on standard engines  -- its going to sound great on the Big bore.
Before fitting get them Wrapped With Magma Wrap Keeps the heat inside the system. asI know how much of a pain it is to do afterwards.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 12:57
Originally posted by Zax Zax wrote:

Evo 6 systems sound great on standard engines  -- its going to sound great on the Big bore.
Before fitting get them Wrapped With Magma Wrap Keeps the heat inside the system. asI know how much of a pain it is to do afterwards.

I was going to get my Arrows headers wrapped but Lewis advised me against it, saying that it can trap moisture and prematurely corrode the headers, even on stainless ....although he might have just not fancied wrapping them and then filling AP with fumes afterwards .
I do really like the look of wrapped headers as it goes and obviously the heat reduction is a big help but I've got a remote reservoir onntge shock which should help to keep that a bit cooler and I just can't bear to cover up those titanium links .
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 15:17
I wrapped my rear header bare a year ago, then removed the wrap to get my exhaust ceramic coated a few weeks ago.
When I removed the wrap, the header was not corroded at all. I guess if you ran a lot in wet conditions the story might be different, but once the header is at running temp, water will soon get boiled off.
When I got my header coated, I re wrapped it with DEI.
Did this purely to give the rear shock an easier time, I wouldn't do the whole system; think your system will look brill on your bike as it comes Adam.

People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 15:23
You can get a spray to go on the wrap to help seal it .

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 15:54
Haha, was wondering if it was someone on ere...

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 15:58
Originally posted by NickyBoy1984 NickyBoy1984 wrote:

Haha, was wondering if it was someone on ere...

NickyBoy

I'm just weak, so, so weak....
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 16:03
Originally posted by Stevex Stevex wrote:

I wrapped my rear header bare a year ago, then removed the wrap to get my exhaust ceramic coated a few weeks ago.
When I removed the wrap, the header was not corroded at all. I guess if you ran a lot in wet conditions the story might be different, but once the header is at running temp, water will soon get boiled off.
When I got my header coated, I re wrapped it with DEI.
Did this purely to give the rear shock an easier time, I wouldn't do the whole system; think your system will look brill on your bike as it comes Adam.

That does look tidy Steve🖒...
I think I'm going to run it bare, for next year anyway, and see how it all performs and if I thibk it needs a bit more insulation then it'll give me a job to do next winter .
It should look a treat once I've cleaned it all up and got it fitted though
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 16:05
As for eBay I've stayed away for ages now cleared all my searches so I don't get emails telling me about stuff I don't really need but ended up buying!!!!!

Just started again as buying bits for the project ....I need a cheap panigale riders seat ...just missed one for £24 !!!

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 16:42
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

As for eBay I've stayed away for ages now cleared all my searches so I don't get emails telling me about stuff I don't really need but ended up buying!!!!!

Just started again as buying bits for the project ....I need a cheap panigale riders seat ...just missed one for £24 !!!

My f@cking account won't let me clear my searches, I tried it and they still keep coming...f@ckers
Jollygiant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Carbon Whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollygiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 18:05
Originally posted by Paddedcell100 Paddedcell100 wrote:

Do you do gen 2 carbon hangers Jolly? Just thinking that you could borrow these ones to take moulds from if you wanted to ? One is perfect, the other will be fine to take a mould from, it's just cracked on the bottom bend where it bolts to the silencer strap.

I do make ones to fit the Gen 1, I forgot you had a Gen 2😞💥🔫

If you message me some pics I'll have a look and go from there.

Judging by those price on eBay I need to raise my prices a lot!!
Check out my pre-preg carbon fibre
www.jollyscarbon.co.uk
www.facebook.com/jollyscarbon
www.instagram.com/jollyscarbon

Has done The Ring…..Slowly but I did it!!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 18:37
Originally posted by Jollygiant Jollygiant wrote:

Originally posted by Paddedcell100 Paddedcell100 wrote:

I do make ones to fit the Gen 1, I forgot you had a Gen 2😞💥🔫

If you message me some pics I'll have a look and go from there.

Judging by those price on eBay I need to raise my prices a lot!!
I think the evo6 ones are specific to that system it's quite rare hence the prices

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 09:17
I'll send you some pics  later in the week if you want of the carbon Gen 2 hangers  for the EVO6  if you mail me your email address .
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 16:28
Nice one Adam, it's gonna sound epic
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 19:17
Originally posted by Fugly Fugly wrote:

Nice one Adam, it's gonna sound epic

Hopefully it will be loud enough to drown out the sound of my crying while looking at my bank balance ....

I think it should just top the bike off nicely Phil, even if it doesn't give it anymore power it'll be worth it just to be able to sit and look at it😍😍....
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 12:10
never underestimate the therapeutic value of trinkets for your bike my friend Thumbs Up 
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 18:36
Originally posted by Fugly Fugly wrote:

never underestimate the therapeutic value of trinkets for your bike my friend Thumbs Up 

Buyers guilt soon fades when the bits arrive and you're actually holding them ...
Had a panic today, I'd ordered 2 new carbon exhaust straps and had an email.saying they'd only got 1 in stock and they're now discontinued🙈... AF1 had 1 left though so that rescued me, cost a bit more but hey-ho....in for a penny and all that
SpannerMonkey View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpannerMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 20:33
Cant wait to see them fitted fella. Bit of a bargain there!!!
(Your ebay scout 😉)
2000 RSV Mille (track)
2008 Tuono R (factory spec)
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 13:05
Haha, howdy Rob... ...

Well that makes 2 of us , I'm gagging to see it all on the bike now , but patience is a virtue and all that 😇... yeh right , i want it done now, now, now....hehe.   
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 16:06
Lol, it's like being an impatient youth again, isn't it Adam ha ha LOL

It's going to be epic buddy Thumbs Up Cool

... bet you've had a look at Ebay today haven't you. Naughty naughty LOL
Question everything.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 19:28
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Lol, it's like being an impatient youth again, isn't it Adam ha ha LOL

It's going to be epic buddy Thumbs Up Cool

... bet you've had a look at Ebay today haven't you. Naughty naughty LOL

Nooooo, I haven't looked, not at all, i wasn't checking out a rather nice 1098R with slash cut Termi's 🙈.... .

I honestly planned to just buy the system and chuck it on as is and refurb it later but bits are getting ordered left, right and centre now ....

I wonder if you can get anti titanium and carbon patches on the nhs?🤔

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 19:51
Yeah I saw the 1098r too

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 19:52
Ooohhh 1098r I dream about those, gotta have one one day😍
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic