Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

David's arsey ate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admins Group
Admins Group
A Big Bore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 15:34
Helpful as ever there Spoonz

When are you up for getting the tank out for a spin !

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 15:52
Originally posted by Garin Garin wrote:

When the temp reaches a level where I might actually enjoy the ride in summer gloves or if I get some goretex ones. Have yet to find some my hands fit into. Can't risk mail order as most max size is usually XXL which don't fit especially in Italian brands.
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 16:06
Originally posted by Spoonz Spoonz wrote:

Originally posted by Garin Garin wrote:

When the temp reaches a level where I might actually enjoy the ride in summer gloves or if I get some goretex ones. Have yet to find some my hands fit into. Can't risk mail order as most max size is usually XXL which don't fit especially in Italian brands.

Limits your season a bit!

Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 16:25
Originally posted by davidrsurfer davidrsurfer wrote:

Limits your season a bit!

I rode motorcycles only twice last year in the uk, plus 1 Alps tour so there wasn't much of a season. I only ride if I really feel the urge and I just never did even when the sun shone. Enjoying the MTB lots at the moment and have to build my fitness over the year for something big next spring if things go to plan.

I plan a wales weekend this year on the Panzer and maybe another Europe tour so might get a few more miles in this year than last. Especially if we get a summer.

budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 22:16
Originally posted by davidrsurfer davidrsurfer wrote:

Bloody awkward, small window in side of airbox to undo the clamps.

One way valve on each head bleeds air into the exhaust - looks so simple to remove!

& that's where the rest of it lives. Between top of radiator & frame/wiring loom.

Out!

Bit of bodywork to go back on still.

Am I correct in thinking there is also a carbon canister under the tail piece somewhere that is part of the sas?
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 22:31
I saw that on some of the You Tube vids & it's a fuel tank breather filter. Not found one on the RC8 so maybe its on the later Euro4 models.
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 01:10
I seriously looked at a RC8 a few months ago and researched some of the mods and as you say removing the sas was highly recommended  lovely looking bike I especially like the white and orange like yours, in the end I bottled it and kept the RSV maybe it's a choice I'll come to regret now the prices seem to be on the up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic