rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale, Swaps and Wants > Aprilia parts for sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ilmberger Gen 2 carbon tank new Ebay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ilmberger Gen 2 carbon tank new Ebay
    Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 17:14
Sooo Just posting this here.

Remember the carbon tank thread that never happened?

In Japan and just over 2k, but if you've got the wonga to spare.....

I've just had an oops moment LOL

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ILMBERGER-Fuel-Tank-APRILIA-RSV1000R-FACTORY/263307877317?hash=item3d4e5f5bc5:g:qQwAAOSwAPVZN~wA

Question everything.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 21:11
They have some nice kit on there, look at these wheels:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ADVANTAGE-EXACT-II-RACING-10-Full-Forged-Aluminum-Wheel-APRILIA-RSV4/263307608659?hash=item3d4e5b4253:g:01kAAOSwiOFZN9ie

Reading between the lines though, I'm not sure how much they actually have in stock
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 23:59
Nice wheels but a grand more than dymag's and then shipping and import duty.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 05:12
Don't try and pass on your carbon addiction to the rest of us

If only I had 2k to spunk although I think a trackbike would be a better way to spend it.....but I haven't so I'll carry on dreaming.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 13:34
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

If only I had 2k to spunk although I think a trackbike would be a better way to spend it.....but I haven't so I'll carry on dreaming.

Ha ha yes I got it bad. 8 years or so and I couldn't care less about it, didn't know what the fuss was about... Until buying that first piece and feeling the bliss. I've tried to get help and went to Carbon anonymous, but found that counter productive. Imagine loads of addicts in a room together? Pretty soon we were smuggling bits of carbon in with us, to share at breaks, then afterwards hosting and attending carbon parties where anything goes. I hit rock bottom when I started waking up in parks and public toilets, not knowing where or who I was, but clutching a piece of carbon.Cry

Question everything.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 20:08
Hahahahah that's cracked me up mate.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 13:44
Question everything.
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 16:12
Rick, you git!
Just as my ally tank project stalls you go and post this.
I'm gonna come over there and pull the plug out of yer boat LOL
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 17:54

I agree Adam, you could do a nice big Bore for that, there's a nice set of CP pistons on the Aprilia Forum £400 1102cc. I reckon you would get more enjoyment from a track bike,also won't have to worry about throwing that nice tank down on track,but I guess it's more what you are into.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 20:07
Originally posted by Fugly Fugly wrote:

Rick, you git!
I'm gonna come over there and pull the plug out of yer boatΒ LOL
didn't think it would take long for you to pop up on this thread mate. Belated birthday gift maybe
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 20:12
Originally posted by dog78 dog78 wrote:

I agree Adam, you could do a nice big Bore for that, there's a nice set of CP pistons on the Aprilia Forum £400 1102cc. I reckon you would get more enjoyment from a track bike,also won't have to worry about throwing that nice tank down on track,but I guess it's more what you are into.
I'm into all,of mate just the bank balance isn't
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 13:44

Rick, you git!

Ha ha, my work here is done Phil LOLLOL

I'm welding my boat plug in!

Posted as an item of interest for cf addicts to drool over and toss and turn at night, rather than a serious suggestion.

I think the ones on the other thread would've been a grand or so.

I haven't welded aluminium for quite a while, what thickness is it fuggers?

Question everything.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 13:54

I agree too Richard and Adam. I don't have a gen2 for one. But can't personally risk a trackbike with the threat of losing my leg, would like to start putting money towards another project though. Just got to "finish" this one. Can people stop talking about 1103's, you're making my BB feel inadequate LOL LOL LOL
Question everything.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 13:57
1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 14:04
Size doesn't matter it's how you use it
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 14:04
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Rick, you git!

I'm welding my boat plug in!

I haven't welded aluminium for quite a while, what thickness is it fuggers?

Rick, I thought the boat plug was rubber?????

The Ally is 1.5mm, I have good days and bad days and after cutting a couple of bases and internal panels, tacking them up I can get so far before I lose control of the puddle and bugger it up.  My challenge is identifying the point before I lose the puddle and pull back.  I went too far the other way and played too safe meaning that I was having to re-create the puddle over a cooled bead which didn't make for a great weld.
Wifey bought me a welding table for my birthday so I can clamp down more securely so going to cut a sheet up into test strips and get more practice in rather than spendign a day cutting and bending tank bases and internal panels only to bugger them up.
It is good fun trying to master this though.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 14:54
!.5mm is a bit tricky to start with. If you get some thicker stuff to practice on it might be easier. It's getting the speed and dab right. Often you need to speed up towards the end of the run. When butt welding the stuff, at the point you want for the weld puddle, is the point the edges want to cave in away from each other. So get the filler in quick. Try turning down the power, it'll give you more time, more controllable. If you run over a previous weld, you'll put more impurities in. I really got to come over soon and try to help if I can. Big smile
Question everything.
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 15:11
You're welcome anytime Rick.  
I started with 3mm and thought this is easy, then to 2mm and took a bit more effort but got to the point I was happy(ish) with 2mm but 1.5 that goes from not hot enough to puddle to vapourising in the blink of an eye.
Tried running a higher  and lower frequencies to constrain the arc and lower amps, but am back to my staple 100-120 Hz frequency and about 70 amps and backing off once the puddle forms.
Also played with 2.4mm tungstens and filler rod.
Hey, everyday's a skool day, besides when I screw it up I grab the dog, march him up the river and then go to the pub to sulk.  Every cloud and all that but am enjoying the process of frustration, research, apply, frustration, rinse and repeat.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 15:24
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,1103,

Nooooo Shocked Shocked Shocked Well maybe a future project.... I've only just joined 1060 club and my wanger is already getting smaller Ermm
Question everything.
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 15:29
Rick, you ain't joined the 1060 club until you've yanked those cables and screamed out loud LOL
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 15:31

You're welcome anytime Rick.  
I started with 3mm and thought this is easy, then to 2mm and took a bit more effort but got to the point I was happy(ish) with 2mm but 1.5 that goes from not hot enough to puddle to vapourising in the blink of an eye.
Tried running a higher  and lower frequencies to constrain the arc and lower amps, but am back to my staple 100-120 Hz frequency and about 70 amps and backing off once the puddle forms.
Also played with 2.4mm tungstens and filler rod.
Hey, everyday's a skool day, besides when I screw it up I grab the dog, march him up the river and then go to the pub to sulk.  Every cloud and all that but am enjoying the process of frustration, research, apply, frustration, rinse and repeat.

I've got to get over to help keep you out of the pub! Though sounds like the dogs happy. Hmmm Big smile

Question everything.
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 17:33

Size doesn't matter it's how you use it

Haha Adam, you are right about that, we got Fugly, Paddedcell and Tapmyhead 1103. So we are going to have our work cut out, I am looking forward to it, I want to see if them big bores leave this little wiener in their wake, to see whether I should keep my 1103 CP pistons πŸ˜‚
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 20:16
You've got your work cut out.....what about my mere 990! All will be revealed at donny you have to come along just for research
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 21:06
Hi Adam, well that's a 998 and a 990 amongst the big guns, it's going to be a good crack.
I hope you didn't misconstrued what I was saying, me and you are going to have the small motors, haha πŸ˜‚, no research but I am sure they are going to be faster.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 21:48

Hi Adam, well that's a 998 and a 990 amongst the big guns, it's going to be a good crack.
I hope you didn't misconstrued what I was saying, me and you are going to have the small motors, haha πŸ˜‚, no research but I am sure they are going to be faster.
it's going to be great I can't wait for it. No.offence taken here mate in the slightest
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic