rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aprilia Trackday 17th July Donington.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 16:58
I don't think 59 is that old on track. Average age can't be far off that. I met a guy last time who was 71 and getting better all the time.

I've only been to Cadwell twice but I think for the most part it's pretty respectful. People look out for each other generally. Difference in abilities might mean you need to watch how fast you catching someone so closing speed isn't too great.

Only person who's pissed me off so far had been when I'm patiently following a slower group into Park bend to get them later on. Chap on RC8 shoots down the inside like a hero and sits up the guy at the front of the slow group as he tips in. Once passed the slow group I'm then stuck going into the back of him every bend and then losing him halfway down the straights. Annoying because he was slower and only got passed because he was prepared to be less rude.

Other than that I've had only good experiences and people have given plenty of space when passing me.
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 17:06
Excuse my ignorance, but I'm purely looking for advice as it's my first TD. 
I'm guessing general rule of thumb if passing a slower rider is... Get them on a straight (probably a bit challenging if the majority are on the same bike) 
Or, overtake on the outside of them on a bend and just generally look out for each other? 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 18:30
Can I stick a aprilia sticker on my gixxer SmileLOLLOL
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 18:33
Originally posted by dog78 dog78 wrote:

I am only using tyre warmers as I have track rubber also Perelli recommended that I do with the Metezler K1 and 2, it's nothing to do with image. As for what group people should be in, I have been off track for a long while , but started racing at 17 years old and held an ACU national licence for 8 years . I never won a race but had a second ay Cadwell . I thought at my age and the time I have had off track the inters be the right group for me.
If trackdays were run with the same rules as club racing a few problems of people in the wrong group might not exist , but I can't comment on trackdays as I haven't done one.  But I was told it ain't race ,it's for people to enjoy being on track .
If people are really that serious about it they should go and race with an ACU licence. 
I have been on track , Brands that is with Croz and Sheene in 81 on a practice day and I never caused either of them to crash or anybody else for that matter .But everyone on track that day held an ACU licence. 
I asked my friends who were racing at the Endurance Legends meeting at Donington and they said the inters would suit me best. 
At the end of the day we are just going to have fun in a safer environment than the road and at nearly 59 I have nothing prove, it's just a day at track with fellow Aprilia owners .

You sound like the kind of rider it would be great to share the track with and learn from.Obviously with a racing past you don't lose the talent so I'd expect you to find Inters a bit pedestrian after a few sessions as you get back in the groove.

There are fewer riders that are honest enough to voluntarily choose novice, especially if they think themselves fast on the road and their mates are all going in Inters.

Result can be they end up doing the pack riding thing like they do on the road and lose sight of the fact it's a day out for fun and instead treat it like an audition for BSB which can be a bit much for the less able.

I really wish I was riding now,it would be good to catch up and ride with you guys

Have fun and stay safe Smile

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
RPB View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 15:31
Any spaces left? Just been made aware of this. Ermm
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 17:15
Originally posted by RPB RPB wrote:

Any spaces left? Just been made aware of this. Ermm

Have a look on "the aprilia factory" Facebook page. One or two were looking to sell up. 
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 18:30
It was sold out when I checked with No Limits but there are usually more than a few who want to cancel for some reason,that might put you in the wrong grouping though
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Quinn View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 18:33
Originally posted by Sam.moz86 Sam.moz86 wrote:

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm purely looking for advice as it's my first TD. 
I'm guessing general rule of thumb if passing a slower rider is... Get them on a straight (probably a bit challenging if the majority are on the same bike) 
Or, overtake on the outside of them on a bend and just generally look out for each other? 

Nothing wrong there, if you can do that you'll get on fine with everyone, nothing wrong with if they are drifting wide to shoot up inside but you need to be close so your by before they realise their mistake and get spooked, it isn't racing and everyone's paid to enjoy themselves is the thinking I use, just get out there and enjoy, best thing you will ever do and ease yourself in gently, you have all day at these things and large amount of time on track for the money so no rush to break records on first lap if you get me. Enjoy! Wink
Gen 1 Edwards Carbon Airbox 57mm Throttle Bodies and Redrat Collector Club Racer
rsvwalt View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsvwalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 10:22
Has anybody got a timetable for the day or know a  link to one,  I'm not riding just spectating. Cheers
Jollygiant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Carbon Whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollygiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 10:31
Originally posted by rsvwalt rsvwalt wrote:

Has anybody got a timetable for the day or know a  link to one,  I'm not riding just spectating. Cheers

It'll be the same as any other track day, turn up and watch each group go out for 20min sessions. you'll soon work out which group is which.
Check out my pre-preg carbon fibre
www.jollyscarbon.co.uk
www.facebook.com/jollyscarbon
www.instagram.com/jollyscarbon

Has done The Ring…..Slowly but I did it!!
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 08:43
Anybody know if a 180/60/17 will fit the rear? I'm thinking of getting some scrubs now instead.
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 08:58
or 190/55/17? I can't remember what they run standard, I've got a 180/55/17 on the rear. 

It's a gen 2 by the way. 

A week today, I'm buzzing for it Big smileBig smileBig smile
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 13:02
Originally posted by Sam.moz86 Sam.moz86 wrote:

or 190/55/17? I can't remember what they run standard, I've got a 180/55/17 on the rear. 

It's a gen 2 by the way. 

Here you go Sam
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1532995366929898/permalink/2210687925827302/?sale_post_id=2210687925827302

A week today, I'm buzzing for it Big smileBig smileBig smile
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 13:02
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 13:40
Or there them RS10s I posted in general chat , but they are brand new and it's about what I paid for my Metezlers K2 and 1.  It's not a bad price for a new set of RS10s and they are a good tyre too.  The R10 is a 190 tyre and them Perelli sc are 180 , it's up to you as it take both according to the handbook. Looks like the weather might be ok for it , let's keep our fingers crossed hey,  I don't want to put wets on 😂 .
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 16:56
Originally posted by dog78 dog78 wrote:

Or there them RS10s I posted in general chat , but they are brand new and it's about what I paid for my Metezlers K2 and 1.  It's not a bad price for a new set of RS10s and they are a good tyre too.  The R10 is a 190 tyre and them Perelli sc are 180 , it's up to you as it take both according to the handbook. Looks like the weather might be ok for it , let's keep our fingers crossed hey,  I don't want to put wets on 😂 .

Cheers, after all that I think I'm ordering a set of Pirelli from FWR. I know, I know, MESSER LOL 

Just looked at the 7 day forecast, who's taking wets ha ha ha. 
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 17:24
FWR, you will probably get them the next day,  good place to buy tyres.
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 17:42
Seems really good so far. Actually seems interested in some business unlike some. 
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 17:55
I bought this to dry my crash helmet, 7 quid it's nothing even if it don't work,  but that's all the proper ones got a computer fan and this cost a lot less £145 😂 
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:41
Hi all,

Looks like I am not going to make Donnington on Tuesday as my 1060 has developed cold & hot death rattle on start up Cry

Kin thing, where's the gallon of unleaded and a box of matches when you need them?
Oh I know, Suzanne has hidden them from me
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:49
Originally posted by Fugly Fugly wrote:

Hi all,

Looks like I am not going to make Donnington on Tuesday as my 1060 has developed cold & hot death rattle on start up Cry

Kin thing, where's the gallon of unleaded and a box of matches when you need them?
Oh I know, Suzanne has hidden them from me

No way!!!! Is it a major fix? Gutted for you. Someone on the FB forum was asking for a space earlier this week. Maybe worth advertising your spot if you definitely can't make it. 
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 19:16
 I am so sorry to hear you are not coming Fulgy , is it something that isn't fixable ?

spiceweasel View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiceweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 20:49
Anybody know if there is food available on site tomorrow? 
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 21:55
cafe on site should be 
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apworkshops.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 08:05
Have a great day fellas really gutted not to be there enjoy, stay Sunnyside up and rag those apes!!
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
cheesy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
top chef!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 20:37
Looked like everyone was having a great day.
Great to finally put couple of names to faces Adam & Richard.
Saw the Ap boys too
Weather was stunning, little cooler after lunch 
04 Tuono Fighter
1060 gen2 motor & some....
spiceweasel View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiceweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 21:04
Great day & the old falco held its own and didn't brake down 😃
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
edrsv View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edrsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 21:06
enjoyable day but shame about the red flags
PaulW View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 08:17
Originally posted by edrsv edrsv wrote:

enjoyable day but shame about the red flags

Told ya. I’m a prophet.....
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 08:41
Yup, Wink

Hopefully not too expensive for those concerned

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic