rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aprilia Trackday 17th July Donington.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 11:30
Originally posted by dog78 dog78 wrote:

Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Not been to Donington in a good few years.

How safe is bike parking on site, if you're spectating on a trackday?

I don't want to have to take my eyes off of the gravel pit for too long, looking over my shoulder LOL

You will be able to bring it into the pits, when I went to Brands they let my mate's father bring his bike in there. Or we will put in the van and drive it into the pits with mine Rick.

Cheers Rich, be nice to get there on the bike, war wounds depending.

If not. I'll come up in the car, or with you, or sort something mate. We'll have a great day, get a B&B nearby Big smile
Question everything.
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 11:49
B&B?????

Ya bunch of poofwoofs LOL

I have every intention of waking the village and most of the Fens at 04:30 and a cross country blatt.

But 60 in a group is seriously taking the pee, best dig out some wider bars and if I am not Ape mounted I might need the protection
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 13:07
Sounds like they're really packing them in Shocked   

If I'm in the country at that time I might come along to either ride or at least have a chat and watch,I did think about booking it as I have unfinished business with that track but a combination of factors mean it's unlikely I'll manage to get there.

I can say though that if they try and pack 60 into novice there could be carnage,so many different lines and abilities make it almost inevitable.

And given that most will insist on inters just because usually means that's the group that normally has the most red flags,at least the fast guys know enough to stay safe and make allowances for others while they're scraping their elbows

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 13:12
Hi lads I wrote to No limits and this is their reply, would we be prepared to pay £250 for 40 in a group? It might been nice to ask everyone first.
Hey anyway like Fulgy says about wide bars,I might stick some a couple of spoilers for winglets ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

Hi Richard

Thank you for your email regarding Donington Park on the 17th July.
I do not know where the confusion has come in regarding the circuit numbers. Donington noisy days have always had a circuit limits of 60 riders. Days run at this venue described as quiet days which run at a 98db drive by do run at 40 due to strict local noise regulations.
We actually do not run any quiet days as they are very restrictive. Many road bikes with road exhausts can struggle (Aprilias included) on these events. Up until the circuit was taken over by MSV we actually ran Doningtons road bike only days for them so we know how difficult they can be.

It would be nice to run a noisy day with only 40 bikes a group, but with the circuit hire alone being over twenty five thousand pounds, I don't think many people would be prepared to pay 250 pounds per space.

I hope this clarifies the issue but if you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Mark
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 23:11
Hi lads, there's only 6 places left in the inters Iain told me about half an hour ago.
So that means 54 inters booked, so if anyone wanted to book into the inters group, I'd hurry, I am surprised it has been so quick to fill up, I have asked Liam if he would allocate a garage for the rsv.net group, he's yet to come back to me on that, it would be great if he can as it would mean we get a chance to meet and help each other out should someone need it.
cheesy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
top chef!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 00:34
I've booked the day off.
Gotta still wait and see if I'll be taking to track. If not Im handy with a paddock stand
04 Tuono Fighter
1060 gen2 motor & some....
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 11:58
Looks like Aprilia themselves are going to be there, they want to know what bikes are going. You can post your bike on Facebook Aprilia Factory group.
So let's show them we are just as passionate about our gen1s and Gen2s.
I would be great if we could match the numbers of the V4s. Cheesy did you finish your bike? I hope you come too,it would be nice to meet and see your bike. That was kind of you to offer your help if you don't ride.
cheesy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
top chef!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 00:58

Looks like Aprilia themselves are going to be there, they want to know what bikes are going. You can post your bike on Facebook Aprilia Factory group.
So let's show them we are just as passionate about our gen1s and Gen2s.
I would be great if we could match the numbers of the V4s. Cheesy did you finish your bike? I hope you come too,it would be nice to meet and see your bike. That was kind of you to offer your help if you don't ride.

All I have left is a tune up and dyno time really..
Couple minor bits otherwise
04 Tuono Fighter
1060 gen2 motor & some....
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 01:11
There's certainly going to be some very tasty bikes there by the look of it can't wait to see your touno cheesy! Pretty cool that Aprila are coming too.
Its looking very unlikely that ill be on track but if i can't come out to play ill be on paddock stand duty as well really looking forward to putting some faces to bikes
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 04:57
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

There's certainly going to be some very tasty bikes there by the look of it can't wait to see your touno cheesy! Pretty cool that Aprila are coming too.
Its looking very unlikely that ill be on track but if i can't come out to play ill be on paddock stand duty as well really looking forward to putting some faces to bikes

Hi Adam, I thought you had booked in the inters?
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 07:13
How long a lap is Donny? and how do they set you off?

I asked about the 60 when i booked on, they said its not an issue as the track is big, has anyone had any real experience of riding there with 59 other bikes? I guess they do it all the time. 

We're all just going to have to look out for each other I guess. 
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 07:52
Hi Sam, it's 2.5 miles with a the loop, and according to Adam they let you go two at time as you filter on to the track. If it was a race start I would be carnage ๐Ÿ˜‚
Look like they do it on a regular basis, I think it's still a piss take, I think £250 for 40 isn't that good too.
It is what is, if I like it I will do a foreign one next time.
Now that would be a crack, a group of us from the fourm go on a foreign trackday.
I doubt I could do more than a couple of days though ๐Ÿ˜‚
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 15:27

Hi Adam, I thought you had booked in the inters?[/QUOTE]

No not yet mate the list of parts needed to get on the road by my birthday in march is ever increasing!
Purely a cash thing if i can afford it I'll book it but seems pointless until I've fixed my bike and I'll see if there's any spaces left.

As far as the 60 bike thing goes ive ridden snetterton many times with full groups and it was fine although a wider track im sure there'll be room for everyone.
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 16:23
Hi Adam, I don't blame you, getting the bike finished is more important, I hope you make onto track, but even if you don't we will see you anyway.
Yes the parts list always increases, I sometimes used to wonder if I had been better buying V4 , because I could have bought one for the money i spent in total so far easy, but it wouldn't be special like the twin and it's got to such a point that it doesn't matter no more ๐Ÿ˜‚
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 16:56
Yep ill be there for sure mate on or off track its going to be a cracking day if the suns shines. I know what you mean about the v4 ive thought about buying one many times, even took a v4 T for a good test ride which was what made me stick with the twin the v4 just didn't seem worth all the extra cash however like you say Richard it gets to a point where you could of had one for what you can spend on the Gen2. Fortunately im certainly not at that point got the current steed for a steal and will of spent around 5-700 quid getting all the service work and stator re wind done so not too bad id really like to go for the full belt and braces fix but £1300 is out of the question so ill hope for the best for now. Ive got almost everything i need now few more parts to buy once ive got my cab serviced on Tuesday fingers crossed that wont throw up any un foreseen costs then its all systems go!

Aim is 1st March ready for the birthday blast!
colinmeadows View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 17:13
think i might come down for a watch should be good to hear the noise !!!
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 17:39
Originally posted by colinmeadows colinmeadows wrote:

think i might come down for a watch should be good to hear the noise !!!

Book on Colin, two of us are going up who are loca. We could always get a bigger van and split it three ways.
colinmeadows View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 17:41
my track day itch has been scratched already just happy to watch 
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 18:54

Yep ill be there for sure mate on or off track its going to be a cracking day if the suns shines. I know what you mean about the v4 ive thought about buying one many times, even took a v4 T for a good test ride which was what made me stick with the twin the v4 just didn't seem worth all the extra cash however like you say Richard it gets to a point where you could of had one for what you can spend on the Gen2. Fortunately im certainly not at that point got the current steed for a steal and will of spent around 5-700 quid getting all the service work and stator re wind done so not too bad id really like to go for the full belt and braces fix but £1300 is out of the question so ill hope for the best for now. Ive got almost everything i need now few more parts to buy once ive got my cab serviced on Tuesday fingers crossed that wont throw up any un foreseen costs then its all systems go!

Aim is 1st March ready for the birthday blast!

Good luck with the bike Adam, I hope you get it finished for March.
Yes there is a point you should stop spending money on them for sure. But I must admit all the things I have done is more function than for its looks, I obviously would like to spend some money on that side but it will have to wait. I will get the whole thing dipped and for a 12 year old bike real carbonfibrefiber ain't going to make that much difference in the weight.
But all the mods do make it quite a different ride. So now I started it I will finish eventually ๐Ÿ˜‚
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 20:05
Cheers mate. Looking forward to meeting you and checking out the ape shes a bit of a sleeper from what ive been told......and you know there'll never be a finish hehe
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 01:32
Hey Ad.
I'm glad you are nearly there with getting the bike sorted, fingers crossed you'll make it out on circuit but as long as you are there on the day thatll be the main thing and it'll be great to meet up at last๐Ÿ–’.
Part of me wants to be stood watching while the inters are out anyway, it's going to be a proper audio/visual treat .

Keep us updated as to the progress on the bike buddy, hope it all gets sorted soon for you๐Ÿ˜Ž
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 02:45
Niceone buddy . Yeah i can't wait to finally meet up with yourself and the other guys who are going.

Im going to start a thread on the service work with pictures to help out anyone else whos had similar dramas or just for the rest of ya to snout about my garage and telling me to tidy up
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 09:41

Cheers mate. Looking forward to meeting you and checking out the ape shes a bit of a sleeper from what ive been told......and you know there'll never be a finish hehe

Hi Adam, I'm glad you are coming all the same, haha I don't know about it being a sleeper, it's quite quick, hopefully I will get to get out with Kev and maybe he can give us an idea. I only went out with an Rsv4rf which it could hang on to.
Tbh about a month after the trackday, the motor is coming out, as it's got to the end of what I can do with it, my ported heads that I done myself, but I might raise the floor in the inlet track with epoxy resin. So exciting times ahead with the Big Big Bore, and that's it. That will make it 3 and 1/2 years from buying it to its last incarnation , and a f**k load of money. I just didn't want to wonder what if ๐Ÿ˜‚
Jollygiant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Carbon Whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollygiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:20
I've decide that 60 people is a lot in any group and the cost is nearly double of any other TD, so I may going along to watch and chat if my bike is finished but not ride the track.

Could ride over with you Adam if you fancy it?!
Check out my pre-preg carbon fibre
www.jollyscarbon.co.uk
www.facebook.com/jollyscarbon
www.instagram.com/jollyscarbon

Has done The Ringโ€ฆ..Slowly but I did it!!
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 14:14

Hi Adam, I'm glad you are coming all the same, haha I don't know about it being a sleeper, it's quite quick, hopefully I will get to get out with Kev and maybe he can give us an idea. I only went out with an Rsv4rf which it could hang on to.
Tbh about a month after the trackday, the motor is coming out, as it's got to the end of what I can do with it, my ported heads that I done myself, but I might raise the floor in the inlet track with epoxy resin. So exciting times ahead with the Big Big Bore, and that's it. That will make it 3 and 1/2 years from buying it to its last incarnation , and a f**k load of money. I just didn't want to wonder what if ๐Ÿ˜‚

Sounds exciting mate they certainly empty the wallet faster than most. I was never really into moding bikes until the apes! Plenty to chat about on the day my friend.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 14:17
Originally posted by Jollygiant Jollygiant wrote:

I've decide that 60 people is a lot in any group and the cost is nearly double of any other TD, so I may going along to watch and chat if my bike is finished but not ride the track.

Could ride over with you Adam if you fancy it?!

Hey Ian that sounds like a plan to me mate might be a few others too
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 18:06
For anybody putting off booking up on this because of concerns about the group sizes, have a little read of this(courtesy of The Aprilia Factory group)

"Hello Gents,

The Donnington day as you know is 60 riders per group...The GP Circuit at donington is 3,149 meters long... between 60 riders that's 52.5 meters (average) between each bike which frankly is BAGS of room...

If you feel that this is not an adequate amount of room to ride or over take on, I suggest you sit this one out, sell your bike, hang up your leathers and go mow your lawn, take up a pottery class or just find a safe, dark room to cry yourself to sleep instead...

Becuase this really isn't the hobbie for you...

Ta! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ˜Ž"

So if you want to go but the group sizes are putting you off, well fear not and get booking ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘Œ
PaulW View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 18:27
Thatโ€™s a tad condescending isnโ€™t it? And frankly bollocks, as everyone is not allowed out at 52m intervals, and maintain that throughout the session.
I race. Iโ€™ve raced for years. I enjoy the close contact of racing. But thatโ€™s just it, this is not racing, itโ€™s mixing 60 bods of very mixed ability and attitude on circuit.
I used to enjoy my Trackdays hobbie (sic), not any more with the organisers greed and bar room warriors taking the game over.
60 on track at Donington will not be enjoyable for me, Iโ€™ll stick to <35 grids thanks and take the criticism......
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 19:06
I don't think it was meant in any way other than with his tongue firmly in his cheek Paul, I wouldn't have posted it up for him if I thought otherwise.

I think his point is that its going to be a bit of a rare event , a predominantly Aprilia participated trackday, db killer free, possibly with Aprilia UK in attendance, and it's a huge, wide track that(while less than 60 per group would be brilliant), can easily accommodate those numbers and if that's all that's putting people off attending , what should be, a really great day , then have another think and don't miss out๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ–’
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 00:27
Still really want to get on this is there many spaces left Adam? Parts are on their way from Italy and the stators in the post so im getting there slowly
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic