rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aprilia Trackday 17th July Donington.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aprilia Trackday 17th July Donington.
    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 11:27
Who's coming to this exclusive trackday for Aprilias only.
It's arranged by Aprilia factory group Facebook.
To book No limits and quote the above. It would be nice to have a few more come from the forum. I think BirkyD, Paddedcell, Tapmyhead and myself are going and even if you don't want to go on track, Liam Dear from the factory group said everyone is invited. I think it's £179 for the trackday.
It would be a good meet and the weather should be great.
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 11:28
01525 877087 the number to book.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 14:43
Hi Richard, Adam sent me a text yesterday about it I'm going to book it up in a few weeks once Xmas is out the way unless my hints to the missus get through. Either way I'm going
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 20:16
Hi Adam, same as you I will be booking up after Christmas, it should be a great day out.
What you going to ride a gen 2 or 1?
I am looking forward to it, I want to see how the much 1060s out there are faster than mine πŸ˜‚
Look forward to seeing you and hopefully a few more to represent the forum.
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 21:24
I'm going, it will probably be my first track day so I'll be wobbling around in the novice group thinking I'm Rossi .

Be cracking to put names to faces.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 22:08
Originally posted by dog78 dog78 wrote:

Hi Adam, same as you I will be booking up after Christmas, it should be a great day out.
What you going to ride a gen 2 or 1?
I am looking forward to it, I want to see how the much 1060s out there are faster than mine πŸ˜‚
Look forward to seeing you and hopefully a few more to represent the forum.
I'll be on my Gen2 rsvr fairly stock at the moment just running ti tigcraft cans and links on standard headers although I've just picked up an evo airbox kit and depending on cash I'm hoping to get her a pc5 and custom map by then. As far as I'm aware it's a no noise limit day so for once I won't have to run the stocks can't really have an Ape day and a ridiculous 102db limit. I'm really up for this I'll be booking in the inters leave the fast group to the v4s.
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 05:32
Originally posted by Sam.moz86 Sam.moz86 wrote:

I'm going, it will probably be my first track day so I'll be wobbling around in the novice group thinking I'm Rossi .

Be cracking to put names to faces.

Hi Sam, it will be my first trackday but I have raced for a few seasons,haven't been on track since 89, like my mate says it's a trackday not a race.
Hey anyway I will be 58 in a week so you anklebiters got no excuse πŸ˜‚
It will be a great laugh and it will be nice to have a group go from the forum. Paddedcell is taking his 1060 and Tapmyhead his 1103 and I am taking my mad dog developed non big Bore and lot of ibuprofen gel there again they might have sorted my hips then. Regardless I am going even if I got to stand on two beer crates and have the bike wheeled underneath me like Mick Grant when he was injured.
I am going in to the inters but I doesn't matter what group we go in as long we have a laugh and meet up.
I guess BirkyD be in the fast with his V4 Tuono and the fact he always overtaking something in his videos, a quick rider and I am sure he would give you some guidance should you need it, I am coming in a van so will be bringing my tools should anyone need anything.
Adam yes I hope we don't have to put the baffles in because the noise of all those twins is going to be memorable.
PaulW View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 10:11
Just remember guys even on a "noisy" day there's a 105db limit.
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 10:18
Originally posted by PaulW PaulW wrote:

Just remember guys even on a "noisy" day there's a o105db limit.

Does that mean baffles with Akros I have got some if needed.
PaulW View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 10:40
Akras are remarkably civilised, my Ti ones noise tested around 101 on the Gen 2
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 11:38
Was that will the baffles Paul? Mines a factory gen 2.
PaulW View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 11:49
No baffles mate but recently repacked
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 12:16
Well that's me buggered again then stock cans it is bloody stupid grrrrr
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 16:20
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Well that's me buggered again then stock cans it is bloody stupid grrrrr

I'm not sure Ad, every time I've done a No Limits day they've done static noise testing but the only no limits day I've done at Donny was a road bike day and it was ride by only? And a few people on the Aprilia Factory Facebook group have said that the 105db is a ride by limit, which is incredibly loud on a static...one bloke even posted a clip of an RSV4 with an open Akra (off of an R1) and that was seriously loud and didn't get pulled, a few other people were saying that moto 3 and moto 2 bikes have been running at those noisy days with no silencing and no getting pulled?
I'm going to give it a go without the db killers in and see how it goes, can always pop them in if need be.
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 16:42
https://youtu.be/d6kUhCtTyHI

That RSV4 at a noisy day.
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 17:26
Adam we will be fine then.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 17:41
Originally posted by dog78 dog78 wrote:

Adam we will be fine then.

They've not heard the Mivvs yet πŸ™‰.... hahaha.

In all seriousness, I think it should be fine going by that, if it's 105 ride by then it must be stupidly high on a static 112-113 or something ...although quite what the noise meters will make of 180 Mille's, Rsv4's and Tuono's is going to be Interesting   
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 17:58
Hahaha mivvs are definitely louder but if it's ride by we will all pass you would have to be on a jet bike or no cans at all to fail 105 my un baffled arrows used to blow that at static. I'll call them again next week to confirm so we all know what's what.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 18:14

Hahaha mivvs are definitely louder but if it's ride by we will all pass you would have to be on a jet bike or no cans at all to fail 105 my un baffled arrows used to blow that at static. I'll call them again next week to confirm so we all know what's what.

Good lad, be handy to get confirmation rather than from what my mate's, brother's, bird's boyfriend said... ...
Be absolutely awesome if we can all just blast round db killer free all day though
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 19:21
No worries I'll stick up the deets tomorrow.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 21:41

No worries I'll stick up the deets tomorrow.

πŸ–’
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 08:54
Oooh best get that on the 2018 calendar.

Not been to Donnington for a long time, great track
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 09:13
Ok boys and girls good news. Just spoken to no limits and it's a 108db DRIVE BY limit so unless you've forgotten your exhaust altogether I can't imagine anyone will fall. This will be a seriously good ( and loud) day. It's only open to Ape riders at the moment 180 spaces some are booked on already. Been talk over the last few years of a forum trackday and for once it's actually happening hope to see some of you there!
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 09:50

Ok boys and girls good news. Just spoken to no limits and it's a 108db DRIVE BY limit so unless you've forgotten your exhaust altogether I can't imagine anyone will fall. This will be a seriously good ( and loud) day. It's only open to Ape riders at the moment 180 spaces some are booked on already. Been talk over the last few years of a forum trackday and for once it's actually happening hope to see some of you there!

Whahey....no db killers it is then

Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 10:02
Originally posted by Fugly Fugly wrote:

Get it booked up Phil, I think they aren't opening it up to the public (booking wise) until December but the lad who got it organised is trying to get no limits to hold off from putting it on their website until January, from looking at the Facebook page though plenty are booking up already...
I can't wait, should be a proper day out
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 11:51
Latest update...this will stay as phone bookings only until January 31st now, so plenty of time before the general public get their paws on it, id advise booking as early as you can to make sure you get in the group that you want though πŸ–’
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 12:16
Originally posted by Fugly Fugly wrote:

Great Fulggers you are coming too, it is like you say a forum trackday for the first time.
Thanks to both the Adams for finding out the information, so no db killers and plenty of big bores for me to go with and compare. Who could ask for more.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 13:26
Haha, might not need to rush too much...just saw on the Facebook page that 18 people have actually booked up so farπŸ™ˆ...im sure it'll go up but that's a long way off the 177 that put their names down to go, mind you it's close to Christmas so I bet it'll go up considerably once that's out the way.... I hope so because if we can fill it with mostly Aprilia's it will be an awesome day (and an awesome noise πŸ˜€).
bladebod View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bladebod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 13:41
Yeah a bit of research confirms that a Saturn 5 rocket has just over 104db at launch, so my Arrow can should scrape through.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 13:47
Originally posted by bladebod bladebod wrote:

Yeah a bit of research confirms that a Saturn 5 rocket has just over 104db at launch, so my Arrow can should scrape through.

Is that static or fly by?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic