rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7000 mile 1 owner Gen 1 on the Bay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7000 mile 1 owner Gen 1 on the Bay
    Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 16:59
I'm seeking a gen 1 R late model, but this 99 RSV on eBay is seriously tempting me. Although I think he might be hoping a bit with a starting bid of £3000. What do others think it could be worth?

legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 17:42
Well, how much is the condition worth to you? That's the question really. Looking at his garage he clearly won't have skimped on looking after it. It's not an 'R' so you might end up upgrading a lot of stuff but you will know you have a solid base to work from. Low mileage Mille's have definitely turned a corner price-wise. They aren't rocketing up but they are edging that way.

He's completely wrong about his reason for selling it though. He obviously hasn't lived in his new place for long if he think's the roads don't suit a sportsbike.

Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 17:43
I think you should be asking how badly you want this particular bike. It is in excellent condition with low mileage, but does it tick your boxes or would you be as happy with the late model R?
Have to say, I live on the edge of the Dales and that, or in my case a Tuono, is the perfect bike to ride 'em on.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
wilko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 18:19
The thing is with the 99 I would have to do nothing to it apart from uprated solenoid, battery and fireblade stand. I would leave the rest as is - I think it would be an investment especially left as standard. Trouble is I’d much rather ride a late model R and at the end of the day that’s what it’s about.

Yeah I agree though what’s he talking about that it doesn’t suit where he’s moved to!? Pants excuse
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 09:27
Yup this is an original keeper🧐
Shake'n bake
The Shredder View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shredder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 17:37
think thats a bargain if it went for 3k..

a running Mille with mot regardless of condition or mileage is still at least 1500-2200.. rough R's are atleast £2000-2500 and the better stuff easily starts at 3k nowadays and thats not showroom just good condition for 15 year old bike if you know what i mean.If i didn't just spend best part of £1200 on my 2000 R to get it running and done I'd be a buyer.

CarsOrBikes View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarsOrBikes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 15:30
worth every penny, brilliant bikes
bladebod View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bladebod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 11:14
Having "come from" Jap IL4's on to my recently acquired Mille R, I thought we would never gel, but a year in and I wouldent part with it now so the K2 may be up for grabs, or the SRAD750.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic