rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RSV superleggera project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 20:50
That's gonna look nice that is.  Thumbs Up
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 09:01
Ooooo gonna be good this hehe..!!

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 23:02
Loving it so far keep up the good work.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 11:27
Thanks for all the positive comments, no progress to report we are away in the isle of man for Xmas but I'll be back on it when we get back.
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 13:42
SUBSCRIBED!

Looks great...love the headlight.
Foo View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 14:11
how did you sort the clearance issue with the MC, as i have the same issue
2000 Mille R
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 14:59
I'd say there are basically 3 ways to sort the clearance, new dash /clocks, which for me was to expensive/ complicated,  secondly and easiest is to contact redratbike for some of his re-engineered lock stops these are simply a direct replacements for the OE ones that limit the steering lock and gives the required clearance, I didn't want to loose the lock so I found  a 3rd option, and decided to move a the dash a little you don't need much something like 25mm iirc, I made some alloy brackets and trimmed away some of the mount frame to allow the dash to move forward enough for the m/c to clear .I'll post a pic when I get home.
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 03:09

This is a neat solution, swap over the reservoirs for the hydraulics.

From the front - should miss the clocks (posted by jolly ontinternet )

Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 03:11

Sorry other pic

Looks neat....
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 09:15
That does look neat I like the carbon support bracket however it's not the reservoir that causes the problem, the RCS cyl is a different shape to OE and it's the body of the M/C that hits the clocks on full lock, I went for repositioning the clocks a little bit and as said previously the other option is to limit the steering lock.
Steve750 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 19:47
Looking great mate....any more pics? Did you get the wheels painted?
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 20:03
not done much since Xmas really repaired the damaged akra can today, a bit of colour sanding now waiting for some Italian green paint I've ordered to arrive so I can add some stripes to give that tricolour effect then it will be clear coated and stickered up.  I haven't made a made a decision re the wheels really I think they would look best  gloss black but then if I wanted to return it to stock is have to repaint them back to OZ blue, so I'm tempted to leave as is for now see how it looks, although I may end up doing them anyway, either way I'll wait till the new tyres go on.
More pics soon πŸ‘
Steve750 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 20:35
Looking forward to the final piece mate πŸ‘πŸ‘

Black wheels will look stunning
addiction269 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addiction269 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 20:35
Where did you get the front lights from?😁
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 20:44
Originally posted by addiction269 addiction269 wrote:

Where did you get the front lights from?😁

As with most things these days they are from China via eBay, they have Dip/high beam function and take various bulbs (I'm hoping to use a H1 fiment LED ), cost me about a tenner delivered ( no idea how they do them for the money), search projector lens in car parts on eBay.
addiction269 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addiction269 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 21:00
Thanks! Will take a look, I’ve always loved this look.
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 21:14
That looks good can't wait to see it finished
ive just got my first vtwin and i think i got the right one
The Shredder View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shredder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 13:08
very neat work of the res tanks mate.
Steve750 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 14:23
More pics πŸ€—
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 15:14
small update, paint is almost done just needs flatting back and clear coat but the wind as battered my makeshift spray booth so a bit of repair work needed here before the final coats of clear,
Next jobs on my 'to do' list are wire in the lights,wrap the exhaust, replace the swing arm bearings, strip check re grease the lower linkage etc, 16t sprocket, check the coolant system (I found a small amount of coolant in the belly pan so it looks like I've a slight leak/weep from somewhere), then basic stuff like tyres, brakes (new pads, fluid etc) suspension. more pics this weekend,
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 22:13
Nice work keep the pics coming

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
philmille View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philmille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 21:42
Like the way you've moved the reservoirs, what did you get the support bracket??

PhilMille

01 RSVR

The World is divided into armed camps ready to commit genocide just because we can't agree on whose fairy tales to believe, in the end, Religon will kill us all. Ed Krebs
Jollygiant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Carbon Whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollygiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 06:34
Originally posted by philmille philmille wrote:

Like the way you've moved the reservoirs, what did you get the support bracket??

I made them and no I won't be making any to sell.

Originally posted by budd budd wrote:

That does look neat I like the carbon support bracket however it's not the reservoir that causes the problem, the RCS cyl is a different shape to OE and it's the body of the M/C that hits the clocks on full lock, I went for repositioning the clocks a little bit and as said previously the other option is to limit the steering lock.
They are different reservoirs, so therefore fit in there neatly.
Check out my pre-preg carbon fibre
www.jollyscarbon.co.uk
www.facebook.com/jollyscarbon
www.instagram.com/jollyscarbon

Has done The Ring…..Slowly but I did it!!
Steve750 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 18:29
Any more pics mate???

Have you decided on the colour of the wheels?

budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 13:31
Originally posted by Steve750 Steve750 wrote:

Any more pics mate???

Have you decided on the colour of the wheels?

i'll go take some more pics, and no can't make my mind up re wheels, I think they would look best black but if I decide to put the OE bodywork back on at some point then I'd need to do them blue again and also do I paint them or have them plastic coasted? also what is the finish on OZ wheels ? are they painted or some other coating the blue finish looks anodised.
I have new tyres ready to go on so I'll make a decision soon.
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 14:32
a few more pics, paint nearly done just need to wet sand to correct any orange peel and other surface imperfections then compound to give it a nice shine.
DSC_0053
I've cut some Aprilia Racing stickers for the side panels and tank, these have been clear coated for protection any other graphics wont be clear coated so I can chop and change them as required.
DSC_0056
DSC_0052
Bike is in bits now and I'm working through the service stuff, oil is out,
DSC_0055
rear suspension is off 'dog bone' beaings are all re-greased ready for reassembly
DSC_0063   
next job is the remove the swingarm but I don't seem to have a 26mm socket for and swingarm nut, I've got the castle nut off but can't get the 26mm nut off, I have a 26mm socket on order so as soon as that arrives I'll whip the swinger off check bearings replacing if necessary.
DSC_0060

another little job I've done is to replace the PPC one way valve with a pair of one way valves T'd into the original pipes, I had a spare vac source on the 57mm TBs so I thought rather than cap it I'd put it to use, not sure if it will have any effect on the PPC but i don't think it could do any harm.
DSC_0058

Steve750 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 14:55
That's looking amazing. Your doing a great job with the maintaining too....Well done mate
bladebod View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bladebod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 16:40
Good work, should look a belter when its done.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 19:27
Coming out very nice. Loving the paint and nose fairing Thumbs Up
Question everything.
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 22:02

I don't understand why you would change from the fastest colour to one that is at least 10 mph slower.....

Great build
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic