rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RSV superleggera project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 20:28
She's certainly a looker, I like it. Well done!
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 22:06
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

should be prod of yourself there looks aceClapClapClapClapClapClap
all ideas stolen ha ha ..
I'm going to rebuild the mille and I am going to do exactly what you have done , race bodywork etc

I already have the projector what bulbs are you running in that?

I've had the read spin up a couple times in the damp sure wakes you up especillay when it kicks sideways...yeehaa ride em cowboy!!!

iremeber you were going to cut out the side panels and fit carbon items (they are still in the car boot!!) but the bikes looks better for the all white insertsThumbs Up
]
think
My projector lens came with various adapters to suit different bulbs, I'm just using a plan old H1, but I could fita variety of different ones I'm thinking a cob led be interesting to try but TBH the H1 halogen seems OK.

I had intended to to cut the side panels out and fit carbon but as you say it look ok as it is so I'll probably just leave it.
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 18:04
had a run out on Sunday, first bit of dry weather for what seems like ages, decided to have ride over to the café (Squires café Sherburn in Elmet W Yorks)firsts impressions were positive, engine feels strong and smooth in the midrange although it does seem a little rougher at lower revs maybe it needs a tweak on the dyno or maybe it's a side effect of the 57mm TBs, it's only noticeable when pottering around town and was soon banished by a quick blast down the M1, up to 3 figures no problem, off the motorway onto some fast B roads again all was good, started following a rider on a late model Fireblade, thought briefly about overtaking him but had a funny feeling that all wasn't well with my bike, nothing really obvious but just something was not quite right, the back end felt a little loose. So you get to thinking did I double check all the nuts and bolts maybe I'd left one loose the mind is quick to sew seeds of doubt, but swingarm, shock, rear wheel, rear linkage etc have all been off so maybe I hadn't tightened it all up correctly. Anyway decided to hold station behind the blade and eventually pulled into the café car (bike) park at which point someone kindly informed me my back tyre was flat, bugger !!! So the first trip out wasn't going as planned, after a bit of messing about looking for the damage to the tyre someone offered me a canister of tyre mousse/foam, I'm not a big fan of this stuff but needs must, emptied the full can into it and the tyre inflated enough to get me the 2-3 miles to a garage where I put 40psi into it which was enough to get me home.
Found the puncture Monday very small hole in the centre of the thread, removed the tyre cleaned all the foam gunk out and plugged the hole, I'm not totally happy repairing a bike tyre but it's nearly new and a replacement is the thick end of £180 so a repair it is. All back together now and guess what it's bloody raining, hoping for some reasonable weather at the weekend so I can have a hopefully trouble free run out.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 23:13
fantastic job bud thats a great colour scheme you've gone with and some tasty mods to boot. Shame about the puncture but sh*t happens always at the most inconvenient time ar least there was a decent guy/gal to help you out. Brilliant thread well doneThumbs Up
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 08:46
Every time I hear a tale like that it reminds me I should go back to my old practice of getting any new tyre treated with Ultraseal Smile

Never had a puncture (that I know of) while using that stuff so complacency set in and I got cheap LOL
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 09:47
well another ride and another puncture, fortunately not me this time but one of my mates on his HP4, another supercorsa bites the dust, I'm wandering whether these more track focused tyres are more vulnerable to damage due to their lighter construction maybe I well have a look at those self sealing treatments. Anyway enough about the unlucky BMW and more about my Mille and it's first proper run out around west Yorkshire roads still aren't great with lots of mud and farm muck about see it was a cautious 200 miles, it used 2 tanks of fuel which is broadly what it did last year, so fuel consumption doesn't seem to be have been effected by the engine mods. Mid and top end performance have been improved not drastically but it definitely stronger than before, what isn't so good and noticeably worse than before the mods is the performance at lower revs, it's, much less smooth, very 'snatchy' when negotiating traffic and towns etc. It's not massively bad but it is annoying and I'm hoping it can be 'mapped' out, the parts I fitted came with a custom map but all engines are slightly different so I think a run on the dyno will help and with luck iron out the issues at low revs. Handling wise it seems a little livelier but I haven't changed any of the suspension settings so I'm thinking a complete 'reset' in in order to take in to account the lighter weight of the bike overall.
Anyway next job on the to do list is a good wash, it's covered in dust and road muck ...      
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 18:02
There's slightly fewer insects flying around North Yorks !! 
[url=https://flic.kr/p/273KYFF]

bike continues to go well, it's just had new boots, (Bridgstone RS10s) and new brake pads (SBS Race Sinter) will be getting dyno'd in the nr future, just deciding whether take it to PCR in Cannock where it was originally mapped or to Dynojet Uk in Preston which is quite bit closer. Mixed first impressions on the tyres the bike doesn't seems as planted as it did on the Dunlops, but I've only done a few 'scrubbing in ' miles so not really pushed it, although the rear Bridgestone is noticably smaller then the outgoing Dunlop GP D211 so I'm assuming the circumference will be similarly reduced which will have an effect on the geometry and therefore handling so I think some suspension tweaks may be required. 
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 00:02
Can't say anything but good about pcr in CANNOCK but dynojet if it's frank wratthal is dynojet uk and built my engine and know there Aprilia's.
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 09:22
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

Can't say anything but good about pcr in CANNOCK but dynojet if it's frank wratthal is dynojet uk and built my engine and know there Aprilia's.

Thanks for that a positive report helps make the decision easier, it's difficult to know what to do for the best sometimes but maybe a fresh start will be the best option plus they are considerably nearer.
Not sure who the actual operator is but appearently Dynojet Uk is used by lots of race teams including to front runners like  Smiths, Padgetts so they must be doing something right.  
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 12:33
frank wrathal is the uk importer for dynojet, he's based in garstang, if you get the chance it's worth calling in as it's a great place. He built the 1103 motor in my gen1 rsv and got 147bhp with small valve heads so they know there aprilias.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic