rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RSV superleggera project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RSV superleggera project
    Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 19:32
Time for a new project I think, towards the end of the summer I seriously considered selling my '01 RSV 'R' in fact I went as for as advertising it !!, I really fancied either a KTM RC8R or a S1000RR, but with a budget restricted to around £6K I realised I'd be buying from the cheap end of the market, potentially problematic high mileage, unloved examples, I did some research on both bikes and even looked at a couple, the research revealed both were prone to problems with the KTM gearbox's, snatchy engine and general poor build dominate the forums you seem to get either a good one or a dog, it seems a bit of a lottery. Even the BMs aren't without issues, electrical mainly but some disturbing reports of early bikes rod bolts coming lose !!My problem was I'd skint myself to buy one so any problems I'd probably not be able to afford to fix them as newer bikes and especially the BM are very complicated and the electrics are pretty much a dealer only fix so even minor issues can be very expensive to sort out. In the end I saw sense and decided to keep the RSV but give it a bit of a make over.
So why 'superleggera' ? well apart from sounding cool it means superlight and one of my project aims was to 'add lightness' so it seemed apt. Superleggera while literally meaning superlight actually relates to a construction technology developed in the mid 30s by Italian coachmakers Carrozzeria Touring, and was basically a framework of small diameter tubes covered with a beaten alloy skin, no I don't propose to rebuild the RSV in this fashion but I'm definitely aiming to get it a little lighter.
So here we have perfectly good and usable '01 RSV 'R',
rsv2_zps94da31b4

I've had it 3 yrs and it's been great, very well built and so far totally reliable, I've tried to keep it well serviced and look after it, it's only mods are FR100 chip, Blue Flame Ti can and a K&N filter, so when I decidered I was keeping it I thought a bit of a fettle was in order.
About 6 weeks ago I SORN'd it and started looking for parts, the plan was to replace all the bodywork with GRP both to save weight and to allow me to bubble wrap the OE kit and store it safely away, I also wanted to increase power a little. Now I didn't really want to change anything that couldn't be changed back, I like the idea of been able to return it to stock if necessary.

This the bike today, looking a little different...
DSC_0566

DSC_0567

DSC_0568

so far I've got full race fairings/ tank etc fitted lining up the race fairings and dzus fasteners was a pain the fairings certainly aren't factory quality, anyway all now on and reasonably straight next job is lights and final preping for paint, under the skin is a renegade style carbon air tray, 57mm TB's, Edwards tubes, modded collector, Ti Akra can with 60mm link pipe, FR200 chip along with a PC3 custom mapped by PCR Performance all this is on and running, one of the nicest parts is the Brembo RCS 19 master cyl it's just lovely,

DSC_0569

although it does hit the dash at full lock, so I'll have to find a solution to that maybe move the clocks a little. Over the next few weeks I'll be busy sorting the lights out and getting it painted, it will be having a small projector headlight and probably a simple LED brake/tail light this means it will have to have a day time MOT but I can't remember the last time I rode in the proper dark.

Further plans lightweight lithium ion battery, maybe a quick action throttle and of course I'd really like a slipper clutch but it's a fair wad of cash, it's on my wish list I'll just have to see if funds allow, other than that it will be largely just routine servicing, oil filter, coolant, brake strip and rebuild new pads, linkages/bearings stripping and re-greasing finished off with some nice sticky tyres and hopefully all completed for April next year.

longer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 19:50
Looks good, what are you thinking of doing with the paint?
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 20:01
Along the lines of the Ducati superleggera  simple red and white black wheels.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 20:13
The rcs will make a big difference and redrat on here makes bigger lock stops to stop it hitting the clocks.
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 20:27
How do modded lock stops work? Do you thread the headstock?
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 20:31
No they have an offset hole so like a cam you can move it to a position to suit

Let me go find a link

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 20:33
Yep I see how that would work đź‘Ť
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 20:35
Originally posted by budd budd wrote:

Yep I see how that would work đź‘Ť
http://www.rsvr.net/redratbike-adjustable-lockstops_topic24058.html

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 21:20
Cheers something like that is just what I need đź‘Ť
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 02:23
Good luck with the build looking forward to seeing how it all comes together. The front end looks very R1m with the track fairing fitted.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
bladebod View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bladebod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:41
Good luck there is another (massive) post on here from a member who is taking the whole weight thing ultra serious, its an interesting read...
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 16:13
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Good luck with the build looking forward to seeing how it all comes together. The front end looks very R1m with the track fairing fitted.

I was expecting it to look more bulbous without the headlight and no stripes etc but it's not that bad and your right it does have a look of the R1m although I think most bikes look similar without a race nosecone. Once it gets some paint on it the look will change, the R1m's tend to be finished in dark colours or indeed bare carbon, the RSV will be a bit brighter.
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 16:34
Originally posted by bladebod bladebod wrote:

Good luck there is another (massive) post on here from a member who is taking the whole weight thing ultra serious, its an interesting read...

yes I've read the thread, 'speciale' I think it is, it's a mega project and very interesting reading and IIRC the aim is 180kg !! pity most of the pics are no longer visible. Mine will be nowhere near that weight although even now I can feel the difference just pushing it round it feels less top heavy and just more manageable. I haven't measured the weight loss so far but there has to be a worthwhile saving in the bodywork the headlight alone is a pretty hefty unit plus a lithium ion battery is around 2kg lighter. If I can save 10kgs I think it will be noticeable.   
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 13:21
Looks great budd. I always think that the shape of those 01/02 race seats look spot on and nicer than the standard road going shape.

I was doing a similar thing with the race fairing and small projector headlight, but when the fairings arrived, the upper was too lovely to cut!! (in CF)

So I ordered a road going version,  the manufacturer gave me a blinding deal, because of the other bits I'd had off him. So I stuck an hid low beam and led high beams in the road version with a h/l cover and left the race one unmolested.

The "daytime MOT" is an advisory, saying no lights fitted at the time of test. You have to be home 30 mins before sunset, I think, or you turn into a pumpkin, or zombie or something. I was led to believe that it's either all lights fitted or none at all. So to use a race upper on the road, without a headlight -I'd have to take off, or tape up the other lights. But surely this doesn't apply to you, if you're having a small dual beam projector and small led rear light? You'll have lights fitted, so no need for the "daytime mot"?

The front looks well cool with the racing upper. I've resisted the urge to put the baffles/ears on mine so far, thought it looks sleeker without, but might put them on the road fairing. Can't make up my mind.

Keep us posted Thumbs Up

Question everything.
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 13:40
I was speaking to my MOT tester yesterday he happens to be a good mate of mine so it won't be a problem either way, I'm thinking of just going with the normal MOT.
I did quite like the idea of no lights apparently all you're legally required to have is an horn, so you can ride with no lights whatsoever but I think it's to dangerous and I think it would result in constant attention for the old bill.
So it's going to have lights and indicators, mainly for my own safety (have you ever ridden a bike without indicators? it's not a great experience)and a front light makes you so much more visible to brain dead drivers daydreaming along, so even if the lights aren't 'factory' it still has some, if I get a pull I don't think it's something they'll be to concerned about plus they are more likely to me moaning about the 'race' Akra and black visor.

re the seat I was going to fit the Gen 2 seat but the fairings came with a matching seat so I thought I may as well use it, I've also got a CF early Gen 1 seat so I'll probably spray both and see which I like best.

Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 14:32
Ridden bikes with no lights at all and no mirrors on the road. Both yam LC proddy rep's and a couple of road reg'ed moto crossers. This was back in the 80's and 90's though, less traffic -not a pleasant experience, as it's like having some of your senses cut off. Still one is invincible when young. Would I do it today? I doubt it. If I did, it would be with some bright led's velcro'ed beneath the upper or something. But then I'd be breaking the law doing so. I'm all for visibility, I find defensive riding is what saves your life though. You could have a lighthouse strapped to the front of your bike and some drivers wouldn't see you. They even pull out whilst looking directly at you ffs! Polite vest anyone? LOL
Question everything.
Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 15:34
Yep .. ye can have the fastest road bike in the world legal
during the hours of daylight .. mechanically motable
plus a horn and a number plate with a reflector bottom middle ..
I`m ok without lights and indicators .. it`s no plod spotters I hate .    
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 16:37
Daylight mot for my gixxer, only horn, speedo and mirrors going on it.
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 16:38
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Ridden bikes with no lights at all and no mirrors on the road. Both yam LC proddy rep's and a couple of road reg'ed moto crossers. This was back in the 80's and 90's though, less traffic -not a pleasant experience, as it's like having some of your senses cut off. Still one is invincible when young. Would I do it today? I doubt it. If I did, it would be with some bright led's velcro'ed beneath the upper or something. But then I'd be breaking the law doing so. I'm all for visibility, I find defensive riding is what saves your life though. You could have a lighthouse strapped to the front of your bike and some drivers wouldn't see you. They even pull out whilst looking directly at you ffs! Polite vest anyone? LOL

Yes riding in the 80s -90s was very a different experince, I had n FZR 600 back in the the late 80s with just a stop/tail light, no headlight, indicators mirrors etc (not really through choice I’d smashed it up and could afford the replacements so put a GRP fairing and seat on it) it wasn’t really a problem in those days much less traffic and TBH I couldn’t give a flying F%%k about other road users back then, we used to ride in a pack all idiots together.
I look back now at some of the antics and wander how I survived, mind you I didn’t got off totally unscathed and ended up with a few visits to A&E and numerous weeks in hospital, I still have the false knee and scars as a permanent reminder of those ’good times’, every time we’d go out there’d be some sort of incident. My sense of self-preservation as changed over the years so nowadays I definitely wouldn’t fancy riding without lights and indicators these and while your right defensive riding is the best weapon against braindead car drivers it doesn’t hurt to improve your visibility.

budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 16:47
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

Daylight mot for my gixxer, only horn, speedo and mirrors going on it.

You're a braver man than me, my bottle must have gone because I just wouldn't feel comfortable without indicators and lights, the chances of getting rear ended at a junction must increase dramatically without indicators or a stop/tail, at least you'll be able to see them coming the mirrors and brace for impact.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 17:25
It will be a summer morning only bike and I go out at sunrise.
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 17:33
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

It will be a summer morning only bike and I go out at sunrise.

and back for brekkie before all the Sunday drivers come out
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 18:40
Surely even a daytime MoT requires a brake light?
Suicide not to...

People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 18:47
It`s crazy .. all or nothing for daytime mot with lights .. got one
ye need em all .. can always go daytime mot then rig a brake light
when you get home ..
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 19:42
If they can see your brake light your riding to slow
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 22:06
it is a bit crazy that's why I'm opting for 'basic' lighting, small (60mm) projector headlight (so they can see me coming), led stop/tail and indicators to show I'm slowing or where I'm going.
While the responsibility shouldn't be on the bike rider to make themselves visible, drivers should be alert and watching what they are doing (not on the phone or slapping kids about) it makes sense to at least show a bright headlight and indicate your intention to stop or make a turn.   
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 18:12
Made some progress over the last few weeks, all the induction mods are now complete, 57mm TBs, carbon air tray, Tuono stacks, FR200 Eprom, PC3 with custom map, all this is on and it’s running, hopefully will only need minor tweaks prior to finally getting it on the road.

I’ve removed the modded collector so it can be wrapped I was thinking about having it ceramic coated but in the end I couldn’t justify the cost, sure it looks good and from what gather works very well but for a few quid I can wrap it and achieve similar results. I’ve also sorted the Brembo MC which was fouling the dash/relays on lock, rather than alter the lock stops I decided to move the dash forward a little it only needed ½” or so, it now clears without compromising the turning circle.

I’ve also being busy with the bodywork, prepping GRP is a proper pain particularly used ex race stuff, there are stress cracks, chips and previously repaired damage to deal with, the problem is you think it looks something like but as soon as you put some paint on and more imperfections seem to appear, I’m not after a ’ concourse’ finish but I want it to be tidy, it’s now getting there, with only a few bits to rework, a couple of small sections of tail piece have been very frustrating, got it all flatted off and primed it only to see sections react to the paint, so flat again re-prime same again, same place same re-action, I’ve sorted it now but it took some curing, I think what’s happened is there have been some hairline cracks in the gel coat which have absorbed some kind of contaminant, which was causing a reaction with the paint, so I ended up grinding out enough of the gel-coat to remove whatever was causing the problem then filling and sanding back, this seems to have cured it, so If the weather is OK tomorrow I should be able to make a start getting some colour on it.

When I bought the bodywork it didn’t come with the air tube inners which you need to hang all the fairing from, I didn’t want to paint my OE yellow ones so I needed some replacements in order to proceed with the paint, redrat came to the rescue here with a decent used pair, many thanks Mark. I’ve now got most of it in primer and ready for some colour, I say most because I’m waiting for the projector headlight to arrive, found a 60mm hi/lo projector lens for £10.50, bargain!! but until this arrives the nose will have to wait. I have managed to sort the rear lights, Ebay again provided a solution, after measuring the available space on the tailpiece and checking sizes of various light units on Ebay I came across a LED stop/tail that is just the job, it’s an aftermarket LED rear reflector for a VW T5 van that contains stop and tail functions in one unit.
I’ll post up same pics of the progress tomorrow.

budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 14:17
Made some more progress, after much searching ordered a projector headlight, hi/low beam 60mm for the bargain price of £9.99 delivered !!!

DSC_0012

I really don’t know how they can produce and deliver it for under a tenner, I was expecting it to take a few weeks to arrive from China but it arrived in 3 days !! So now I need to get headlight into this.
DSC_0019

There is a site (motoforza IIRC) that supply a mounting tube for just this purpose and at £10 not unreasonably priced but when you add the postage £25 plus the VAT it starts to get quite expensive and there wasn’t anything else I really wanted to add to the purchase and make the postage worthwhile so I decided to make my own. The actual lens is 60mm but including it’s shroud it’s 64mm so I needed a 64mm tube to bond into the GRP fairing, so after wandering around the house and garage measuring everything cylindrical bottles of water/shampoo, bog roll tubes, various tin cans in fact I checked all manor of packaging looking for that illusive 64mm diameter, the winner turned out to be a wine bottle!!

DSC_0011

The wife just happened to have such a bottle laying about so with bottle in hand I set about making a suitable receptacle for my nice new headlight. First I coated the glass with wax ( Colonite insulator wax makes a great release agent) then painted on a couple of coats of polyester resin once that had cured a couple of layers of fine glass fibre matting, let this go off and then run the disc cutter down it and remove, and we have one GRP headlight mount, total cost probably about 50p the only downside is the missus guzzled all the wine.

DSC_0016
DSC_0015

I’d decided to mount the light offset to the right hand side so I worked out where I wanted it and cut a hole then glassed it in and trimmed it down, now it just needs prepping for paint.

DSC_0029

DSC_0028

DSC_0027

The rear light was a similar process, find something that was a suitable size and shape and then buy and make it fit. Again Ebay to the rescue, after a bit of searching LED lights I stumbled on a something that looked like it may do the job, it is a rear reflector for a VW T5 van, it turns out the new fad is to illuminate these bumper mounted reflectors to include stop and tail light, again bargain priced at £12 for a pair.

DSC_0030

DSC_0024

a bit of cutting filling and fettling it’s fitted and I have say I think it looks quite good, there’s a touch of Yamaha about, so that’s the lights sorted.

Next job is to start the painting, here it’s been 1 step forward and 2 steps back, I’d decided red/white and black along the lines of a limited edition Panigale, first I prepped the belly pan, tank, side panels and air ducts, filled where necessary, sanded, primed, flatted ready for paint. Now one of the issues it me being a tight bastard I already had a litre of Ford Radiant Red so I thought that will do, I also had some Nissan white but this just looked a bit grey so I decided to get some ‚ ’whiter white’ so I ordered ½ litre of Arctic white and also a ½ lire of jet black, I normally used 2K basecoat and lacquer so I ordered the white and black in this form. Then discovered the Radiant Red was 2K enamel (which doesn’t require the clearcoat) not the end of the world but it’s not best practice to mix systems, it just means I’ll have to flat the red back and clear coat the lot so it’s a little bit more work and care as to be taken when painting one over the other as the enamel if not fully cured can react with when you paint over it. So the first coat would be white basecoat with the red over the top and white with black over the top on the belly pan, so white on and dried black on the belly pan and looking good.   The first real problem (my cock up really) came when I decided to use masking tape to mask the lines on the side panels and tank , why I did this I’ve no idea particularly when I’ve just used lining tape on the belly pan and tank, anyway the results were predictably not great as the red bled under the masking tape something rotten, bugger !!

DSC_0017
Still the tank came out alright, nice finish no specks to dirt or dust top job then disaster, I’d put the tank on a cardboard box to allow me to paint the underside edges, so I put the halogen light on and go clean the gun then I hear bang, the bloody box as only collapsed and the tank as rolled off the bench onto the garage floor, double bugger !!! so now that needed re-doing along with the side panels, not happy and pretty much a full afternoon wasted, I haven't got a pic of the tank damage because I had to go inside and chill out or something was likely to get broken.
I’ve now got these sorted and I think it's starting to look OK, it will be getting stickered up once the paint is finished.

DSC_0021

I can now move onto the nose and tail pieces hopefully these will proceed without further issues.

Also got the RCS M/C fitted and created the required clearance between the body of the cylinder and the dash on full lock.

DSC_0020

Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 17:07
That's looking really good Budd Clap

Are you painting somewhere warm? Cold damp weather not good.

I think you should give yourself a pat on the back, going to be a stunner when you finish that Cool
Question everything.
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 18:50
no not got a proper spray booth just a corner of the garage I've put up some plastic sheeting to contain the spray and keep out the dust (that's why I can only do bits at a time) I can get it fairly warm but not really hot enough (especially in this weather) so I've got an halogen heater to warm the parts once painted, the basecoat goes off pretty quick and once the hardener starts working in the 2K enamel nothing will stop it curing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic