rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > V4 Tuono > V4 Tuono.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from Scotland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Scotland
    Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 22:36
Hi All,
Just joined the forum , currently have a BMW S1000R sport 2017 model but after seeing a mates RSVR it got me thinking about the Tuono again,I've had 2 of these bikes previously (gen 1 & gen 2 factory )loved them ,I had a visit to a local dealership today and had a look at the new factory 2017 model Tuono ,what a great looking machine,think I am going to start shopping around for some deals on this bike ,as I'm a short arse can this bike check lowered? as when I had a seat on it I was on tippy toes ,but to be honest this wouldn't stop me trading in for one
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 01:43
Welcome along Mr D.I'm also vertically challenged and I'm just about able to touch down on tippy toes but I can forget about going backwards that's a get off and push job ( GEN2 btw) so you're in the right mindset. The newun probably easier to move around being lighter but who cares anyway buy one nothing wrong with the beemer but the touno is a bad ass machine. Looking forward to seeing what you get.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Mr D View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 08:29
Hi badapple,thanks for the welcome,I had a gen2 a couple of years ago and loved it and bought a new set of dog bones which lowered the bike about 20-25mm,then a mate helped alter the forks transformed the bike for me ,felt a lot more confident stopping especially when surfaces not even .
Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 10:19
Hello there fellow short arse (29" inside leg) I`ve got 2 gen 1s
and for me they are tall bikes .. I`ve don`t know what side stand
is on the newer bikes but swapping out the stock one on the gen 1
gives a bit more confidence getting on and off ..imho ..
Enjoy what ever you decide to get .. keep us up to date ..
and photos so we can sl*g yer gerden ..
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
Mr D View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 10:26

Will keep you posted Mr Miller ,all depends on deal offered as I’ve only had the S1000r 5months and wife is a breath away from letting me know
aldorossi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aldorossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 13:21
Hi bud, i'm a short arse too but I just wiggle my butt over as if i'm about to get my knee down, when stopping, and get a full foot down.
Rsv4 mind, don't know if they're the same seat height as tuono
Mr D View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 17:15
Hi all,well finally took the plunge and have traded in the S1000r sport 2017 for a new Tuono 1100 Factory ,can’t wait to get back on these awesome bikes,pick her up from dealership next Saturday and can wait!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic