rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Experience days

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Experience days
    Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 22:02
So a couple of weeks ago myself and my dad went to mallory park to drive four cars, Atom, 911 turbo, Nissan GTR and a Ferrari 430.

What an excellent opportunity!

Having passed my car test in my late 20's I missed out on the boy racer phase and got straight into underpowered un inspiring family cars and I'd never driven anything quick so this was an eye opener.

None of them blew me away, the atom was quick but they wouldn't let you change gear so 5th all the way round bit disappointed. The 911 was fun until I killed it haha. Next was the GTR and that was mental, so fast and planted made you feel like a driving god! Finally the 430 which again was fun but both my dad and I both loved the Nissan which is funny because that's the one I was least excited about and almost swapped it for a f-type so chuffed I didn't.

If anyone is considering doing one I highly recommend it.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
bladebod View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bladebod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 10:57
Yes Mallory is excellent on 2 wheels or 4, bit short for fast motors to get into their warp-speed perhaps.
Jollygiant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Carbon Whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollygiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 12:07
I did look into it a few years ago but they had a height limit on them, is this still true?
Check out my pre-preg carbon fibre
www.jollyscarbon.co.uk
www.facebook.com/jollyscarbon
www.instagram.com/jollyscarbon

Has done The Ring…..Slowly but I did it!!
wilko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 12:17
I did one a few years back in an Impreza STi and Lambo Gallardo. I was totally underwhelmed with the whole experience. It was on an old gravelly airfield, with the track marked out with cones, can't remember which one. Would have been so much better on an actual track I think. Although flooring the Gallardo on the straight did feel phenomenally fast I have to admit.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 14:04
Originally posted by bladebod bladebod wrote:

Yes Mallory is excellent on 2 wheels or 4, bit short for fast motors to get into their warp-speed perhaps.
I.agree definitely a bit short but gerrards was absolutely epic in the GTR I didn't think you could go that fast around a corner.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 14:05
Originally posted by Jollygiant Jollygiant wrote:

I did look into it a few years ago but they had a height limit on them, is this still true?
not that I'm aware of Ian. I'm the other end of the height scale hahaha!
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 14:15
Originally posted by wilko wilko wrote:

I did one a few years back in an Impreza STi and Lambo Gallardo. I was totally underwhelmed with the whole experience. It was on an old gravelly airfield, with the track marked out with cones, can't remember which one. Would have been so much better on an actual track I think. Although flooring the Gallardo on the straight did feel phenomenally fast I have to admit.

I think it would of been a bit dull on an airfield the guy giving the briefing agreed and said the circuit days are much more popular. Because of what we ride these cars will never get us as excited as a bike however it does put it in perspective. Gen2 ape 4.5k massive smiles and always feel special on it. Ferrari 430 120k very average and felt a bit of a dick.

If I had 60k to spunk I'd like a GTR but would never buy one. A mate who's into cars has built a nutter 320bhp mk2 golf race spec for around 16k way more fun ( I've been a passenger around Snetterton) as quick handling is phenomenal and much cooler
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 14:58
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

I agree definitely a bit short but gerrards was absolutely epic in the GTR I didn't think you could go that fast around a corner.

I did a day at Mallory a good few years ago. Started with a Ferrari but then it was all single seaters. Formula Ford then a Vauxhall Lotus (Which was great fun) then finished off in an F1. Even though it was 'Only' a V8 Tyrell from the late 80's it was still petty mind-blowing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic