rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Other Bikes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trick ZX7R...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trick ZX7R...
    Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 16:21
Clocked this on Facebook and can't stop checking it out, is that sweet or what😍

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F201960978290
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
wilko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 16:43
Sweet build, that looks awesome. My second big bike was a 1996 ZX7R. Obviously a total barge compared to the one on FB above, but it still brings back a lot of great memories. Utterly rock solid front end, brilliant fun to ride. And they still look good nowadays.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 16:51
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 17:17
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

Go on Hemi, you know you want to
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 17:20
Originally posted by wilko wilko wrote:

Sweet build, that looks awesome. My second big bike was a 1996 ZX7R. Obviously a total barge compared to the one on FB above, but it still brings back a lot of great memories. Utterly rock solid front end, brilliant fun to ride. And they still look good nowadays.

A really classic looking bike I think and I've always liked them, love that front view with the ram air scoops...just a bit heavy and underpowered as standard (by today's yardstick anyway) but that would certainly spring a few surprises
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 18:45
Want. End of
born ugly what's your excuse!!
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 19:42
Lovely!

I sold my ZX7-R to buy my RSV, I loved it but wouldn't swap back. I would like to have it back in the garage as an extra though. Still the best 'face' in the business in my opinion. As Wilko says, a fantastic front end that never wavered. Mind you, when riding it, it felt like your hands where down at the front wheel spindle!

wilko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 19:57
Very true, proper race riding position, with no give in the seat or rear suss to speak of either. Mine suffered from horrendous carb icing too. As you say though I’d still love to have one sat there in the man-cave
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 21:49
Stunning. One of my all time favourite bikes and that one is gorgeous! Like legend I sold mine back in 2009 for my first gen2 ape and the rest is history. It's 3 miles from my house might have to take a look at it next week for old times sake.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 22:26
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Stunning. One of my all time favourite bikes and that one is gorgeous! Like legend I sold mine back in 2009 for my first gen2 ape and the rest is history. It's 3 miles from my house might have to take a look at it next week for old times sake.

It's a good job it's not nearer to my house or I could see myself doing something very naughty involving a credit card and a Christmas treat for myself
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 22:57
Hahaha you've spent enough! Only thing that let my old one down was the power but 160 in that frame would be perfect especially with all the other mods. The guy who's selling it has just started up after his dad shut down the old business. Honestly Ad you've never seen a bike shop like it. Classics, superbikes old race bikes. I used to go up there just to nose about got a great picture of my eldest on a bimota v due I'll try and find it. Good to see he's carrying on where his dad left off.
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 08:14

Hahaha you've spent enough!

Never a truer word spoken Wink
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 08:27

You've never seen a bike shop like it. Classics, superbikes old race bikes.

He's got another couple of interesting bikes in:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201923070384

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202101022661

Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 12:46
Originally posted by Fugly Fugly wrote:

Hahaha you've spent enough!

Never a truer word spoken Wink

Don't remind me...I've still not admitted it to myself yet, the invoice is hidden away , never to be viewed again unless I am in need of shock treatment
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 12:59
sure hemi426 posted this up a few years ago 

THAT WOULD SCARE A FEW MODERN BIKES!!!!!

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 14:19
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

You've never seen a bike shop like it. Classics, superbikes old race bikes.

He's got another couple of interesting bikes in:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201923070384

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202101022661

Probably clearing his dad's stock I'm definitely going to take a look I didn't know that he had started up. I took a v4 touno out from them a couple of years ago. Old school way of doing things gave me a coffee then the keys and told to come back when I wanted just replace the fuel.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 15:21

Hahaha you've spent enough! Only thing that let my old one down was the power but 160 in that frame would be perfect especially with all the other mods. The guy who's selling it has just started up after his dad shut down the old business. Honestly Ad you've never seen a bike shop like it. Classics, superbikes old race bikes. I used to go up there just to nose about got a great picture of my eldest on a bimota v due I'll try and find it. Good to see he's carrying on where his dad left off.

You don't get many bike shops like that nowadays, we had Forza Italia at Silverstone and they always had some nice bits in but even they've closed now.
I'll have to try and get up to him and have a gander next year🖒😎
Roger Ramjet View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Ramjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 22:26
This has always been one of my favourites - have seen a few in the flesh and they are stunning!
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 22:55
Originally posted by Paddedcell100 Paddedcell100 wrote:

You don't get many bike shops like that nowadays, we had Forza Italia at Silverstone and they always had some nice bits in but even they've closed now.

Too true. You're always welcome Adam maybe make it a little stop off for the next EA meet up.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 22:55
Originally posted by Roger Ramjet Roger Ramjet wrote:

This has always been one of my favourites - have seen a few in the flesh and they are stunning!
what is that I like it a lot?
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 23:11
Moto guzzi mgs 01, track bike built quite a long time ago and gorgeous.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 23:45
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

Moto guzzi mgs 01, track bike built quite a long time ago and gorgeous.
thanks hemi another one to add to the want list what a beautiful motorcycle!
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 23:51

Originally posted by Paddedcell100 Paddedcell100 wrote:

Too true. You're always welcome Adam maybe make it a little stop off for the next EA meet up.

That's a deffo, cheers Ad😎🖒
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic