rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quick action throttle, pro's and cons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A82addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick action throttle, pro's and cons
    Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 20:29
Thinking about fitting a Domino quick action throttle system to the RSV while it's off the road, might do one or two track days next year but it's mainly going to be road use,

is it worth the effort ??
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 21:23
I've had an Accossato one fitted to my gen 2 Tuono for about 4 years now (on the biggest cam (quickest action), and it's great, makes perfect sense on the road to me as it's just less effort but it's certainly not too snatchy or anything like that.
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 21:51
I have considered changing  to a quick action throttle for a while now .
I think that am going to modify a standard throttle housing to increase the cam size  ( reducing the throttle rotation required)

As the standard throttle on the RSVR is (for me ) has way to small a cam fitted .

Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 00:05
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 11:39

This is an Accasato like Adams, yes they are definitely worth having making it easier to ride fast. The Accasato comes with specific cables to suit rsv and three alloy cams.
Rod i definitely wouldn't make my own considering how important it is, when you take into account what we spend on mods, I would rather have a purpose made throttle then a piece of carbon bling. Plus having the three cams is great too, I use the middle one.
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 11:54
I use the middle cam on my Domino one, adds urgency to every tug on the cables Thumbs Up
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 12:35
I modified my RSV 's throttle cam to make it quick action. Once I got used to it, it was great.Wink

snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 16:06
Got Acco too on mine (middle cam atm) well worth it , largest cam to go in soon ! All + imo.
A82addict View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A82addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 18:37
Thanks for the replies gents, all in favour so looks like I'll be spending some money then..it's never ending
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 20:36
Sounds like a great mod! Are they difficult to install and set up?
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 21:57
Originally posted by Sam.moz86 Sam.moz86 wrote:

Sounds like a great mod! Are they difficult to install and set up?

The Accossato one on my gen 2 was easy, model specific cables so just bolted straight on...i did fit another Accossato one on my ZX9R this year though, had to buy a universal kit and cut the cables to suit, and that was a total and utter ballache ....but yeah, if it's a model specific kit then it's a pretty straightforward job on the Ape's.   
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 22:14
Originally posted by Paddedcell100 Paddedcell100 wrote:

The Accossato one on my gen 2 was easy, model specific cables so just bolted straight on...i did fit another Accossato one on my ZX9R this year though, had to buy a universal kit and cut the cables to suit, and that was a total and utter ballache ....but yeah, if it's a model specific kit then it's a pretty straightforward job on the Ape's.   

I guess I could add it to the NEED list ha ha.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 22:23
Originally posted by Sam.moz86 Sam.moz86 wrote:

Originally posted by Paddedcell100 Paddedcell100 wrote:

I guess I could add it to the NEED list ha ha.

Is there another kind of list🤔....
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 22:40
A very good upgrade indeed !
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 13:14
Has anyone done this to their 1100 Tuono?

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 14:07
Originally posted by Sabre Sabre wrote:

no none of us can afford one
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 15:03
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

LOL LOL LOL
Question everything.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 15:17
I went with the Domino KRR and universal cables that you have to shorten yourself.

I preferred the shape to the others.

It's the equivalent to the other Domino QAT's middle cam as standard I think, quarter turn -but if you want to change the ratio, you have to buy the throttle tube and cams of the other model (XM2), for most that would be a minus point I think. It also hides your radial master a bit as well.

Although it seems cheaper than XM2 on Ebay etc, the price is without cables etc. By the time you've added those in, it works out about the same. More though if you fork out for the extra throttle tube and cams.

Question everything.
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:08
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

My son put a Domino on his V4R which certainly adds to the excitement
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 12:32
Hmmmm. Sounds interesting

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 21:33
There's no cons there just better for road and track
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 12:59
Originally posted by markrsvr15 markrsvr15 wrote:

Good to see you Mark, you've not been on in ages Thumbs Up
Question everything.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 09:14
I do have a look though every now and again mate don't really post. Being doing my extension on my house.
Not got a bike yet hopefully next year
Your bikes still looking real nice mate
Sorry to hijack thread haha
dtrides View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtrides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 20:07
Does a R6 throttle tube not fit?
I have used these on many bikes and they only cost $10-15.
DT
TPFPM
A303 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 18:37
Originally posted by markrsvr15 markrsvr15 wrote:

+1 and easy to fit.
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic