Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Longest aprilia owner possibly??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member
orange juice and lemonade pls!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Longest aprilia owner possibly??
    Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 19:51
Thought i would pop in to see what is happenning in the Ape world.

Hope yer all goodSmile

Just musing over the fact i have owned an RSV in one form or another since 1998, anyone better that on here?
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 21:34
Originally posted by badger badger wrote:

Thought i would pop in to see what is happenning in the Ape world.

Hope yer all goodSmile

Just musing over the fact i have owned an RSV in one form or another since 1998, anyone better that on here?

You still able to swing ya leg over an rsv at your age ?  Big smile

My first Ape was 1988 but first rsv was a 2000R so you beat me. Although I did order it in Nov 99 at the NEC after a chat with Griff on the Ape stand so technically i'm only a year out. 

Anyways hows it going. Got the Austrian beasts still  ?

426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 22:17
2000 Rsvr since march 2003, longest I have had a bike on the road continuously.
FTM View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 05:40
2004 for my first Tuono, I'll replace it when a better bike comes along.
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 06:12
Got my Mille back in 2001...still loving it after 16 years!

badger View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 08:18
Yo Spoonz, aye of course i can still throw a leg over, even still doing track stuff mate.

Yes, i still have the KTM's, the MV, the Futura and the auld boys RT1200.

What are you riding these days then?

Not managed as much biking this year as i would have liked, this bloody work gets in the way of enjoymentCry
badger View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 08:19
Thats a long time for 1 bike Nitro & Hemi, well doneSmile
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 08:25
I've had my 2001 'R' since new as well. So much character and frankly all I need on the road,I just can't imagine letting her go.
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 08:37
Hi Badger, long time no speak.

I picked up old Blue in 2005 and kept it until Jan this year when it was replaced with the Factory 1100 Tuono.

Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 09:14

Not managed as much biking this year as i would have liked, this bloody work gets in the way of enjoymentCry

I have an rsv still (2003) in rsvr.net livery and just traded in my Ducati for a Gs1200 for touring duties.
Like you I don't get much riding time (doing a lot of mtb at weekends) so 99% of my riding this year was touring. mainly Alps and France/Italy which was a killer on the Ducati.

If the sun ever comes out next summer I might even venture the GS1200 up your way. Did a tour there on my first RSV in Nov 2002 (not my best idea) and loved it but boy was it cold. Been watching a vlogger on you tube who did a 5 day tour all round the west coast and down via inverness and the ski resorts (aviemore etc) on the east. Looked good if you catch the weather right.

Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 09:20
Originally posted by Spoonz Spoonz wrote:

I have an rsv still (2003) in rsvr.net livery and just traded in my Ducati for a Gs1200 for touring duties.
Like you I don't get much riding time (doing a lot of mtb at weekends) so 99% of my riding this year was touring. mainly Alps and France/Italy which was a killer on the Ducati.

If the sun ever comes out next summer I might even venture the GS1200 up your way. Did a tour there on my first RSV in Nov 2002 (not my best idea) and loved it but boy was it cold. Been watching a vlogger on you tube who did a 5 day tour all round the west coast and down via inverness and the ski resorts (aviemore etc) on the east. Looked good if you catch the weather right.

Hey spoons  -  don't go telling everyone  how good it is up this way !! 
Our normal sunday run takes in 2 of the Ski areas  only an hour from Aberdream  Wink

If anyone is thinking of venturing up from DARWN SAWWWWTH  give me a shout  as I have some cracking routes all have been tried and tested.

Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 09:43
Originally posted by Zax Zax wrote:

Our normal sunday run takes in 2 of the Ski areas  only an hour from Aberdream  Wink

If anyone is thinking of venturing up from DARWN SAWWWWTH  give me a shout  as I have some cracking routes all have been tried and tested.

I feel a Devon Posse tour coming up WinkClapClap

Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 09:51
It's a long way on a bike Stu, I vanned it up to Falkirk when I went before.  My mate rode his GSXR600 in 1 stint from Bognor Regis and said he stopped and had a little cry on the tank he was so knackered.
Needs 2 days realistically to ride up there if it's to be fun.

Gazza View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Jaffa Cake Dealer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 10:01
I bought my RSV in April 2002 and I've still got it, strangely the only bike I've owned since new and still have as I usually only keep them for a couple of years, must be a good reason for that. 
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
rsvwalt View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsvwalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 10:49
Going off track a bit but did anyone see the rd400 that sold on eBay at the weekend? The lady owner bought it new and had it for 36 years, the last time I looked it was on £7000, it did look original and very tidy.
FTM View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 12:48
What did a RD400 cost new in 1980, about £800? If you ignore the insurance/petrol/servicing costs the bike was virtually free.
TheGeneral View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheGeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 14:44
Ive had my RSV since Dec 99, registered it Jan 2000, still got it, still love it, can't sell it.
RSV Mille
RSV Factory
MV Augusta F4
Buell Stealth
Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 15:03
Originally posted by rsvwalt rsvwalt wrote:

it did look original and very tidy.
What about the bike
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
rsvwalt View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsvwalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 19:44
There weren't any pics of the owner, I bet she was about my age though
Falken View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 20:01
2001 Flame Red Falco from new.
 Only time it's not got me home the battery went at Scarborough going to Gold Cup.
Track days, Isle Of Man and North West 200.
Rode all year round.

Still Love It
Adventure before dementia.
wilko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 10:21
Had a brand new gen1 RSV in 2001, then a gen2 RSVR in 2005, then back to a gen 1 RSV'R' in 2008, now a gen 2 Tuono. I did have a few years without a motorbike before the Tuono though

Currently seeking an 01, 02 or 03 gen 1 RSV or preferably RSV'R', any of you guys who've owned from new - if you fancy parting company with your beloved Apes, please let me know first!
Gazza View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Jaffa Cake Dealer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 12:01
Originally posted by wilko wilko wrote:

Had a brand new gen1 RSV in 2001, then a gen2 RSVR in 2005, then back to a gen 1 RSV'R' in 2008, now a gen 2 Tuono. I did have a few years without a motorbike before the Tuono though

Currently seeking an 01, 02 or 03 gen 1 RSV or preferably RSV'R', any of you guys who've owned from new - if you fancy parting company with your beloved Apes, please let me know first!

There's this one in the for sale section;

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
wilko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 12:04
Thanks Gazza. I saw that one a while back but thought it had sold already, maybe not? I was also a bit twitchy about the engine having gone bang, (I know its sorted now) but I'd definitely be interested in finding out more about the bike ie mileage, documentation etc. I'll PM him. Cheers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic