rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Perfect end to the year.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perfect end to the year.
    Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 15:31
Well, what a way to end the year...
As some of you know, ive been having a 1060 kit and a few other bits done to my bike at AP this year. It's been a long , difficult year at times due to various ups and downs with the build, but I got the bike back a couple of weeks ago and , even though ive not had much chance to get out on it since I got it back, it's a blast, a proper V2 feeling now, loads of torque and front wheel popping up everywhere...
Anyway, the real point of this post is that while I was bored a few months back I popped a pic of my Tuono up on the Performance Bikes forum and a list of the mods, didn't think anything more of it really until a while later I had an email from Chris, the editor, asking if I'd be interested in letting them do a feature on it...so we've kept in touch while the bikes been being worked on and I've just spent the day with John Urry, the bike journo, and a photographer getting the feature done ...so in an issue soon my beloved T is going to be gracing the pages of PB....to say I'm chuffed is an understatement and this will certainly be something crossed off the bucket list... how cool is that   
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 16:17
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Clap ClapClap

Very cool.

Well done Adam, I know how up and down it's been and great to see you finally rewarded in this way.

Wheelie o clock with your CF BST's as well. Win win buddy Approve Big smile.

Gotta be one of the best out there, I reckons.

Let's see some piccies then!
Question everything.
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 16:40
Cheers Rick .
Oh mate, what an awesome day...i was really nervous before they arrived as I honestly wasn't sure if my bike warranted this much attention, me liking it is one thing , my mates liking it is another, but going in a mag and being checked over by somebody that sees and rides some serious bits of kit was another thing altogether...i think it stood up to it though and the journo certainly seemed to be enjoying it as he wheelied past me ...
It was really weird seeing somebody else on the bike though and hearing it properly, bugger me it's loud ....
I haven't got many fresh pics of it but I'll see what I can dig upπŸ–’...im proper buzzing still, haha. 😎
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 16:43
It happened the same with mine and john urry likes tuono's as he has a racing himself.
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 16:54
Hahahaaaa...fame at last!!!
Well played sir.
Gazza View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Jaffa Cake Dealer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 16:55
Top work that manThumbs Up I'll look forward to reading the article.
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 17:04
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

It happened the same with mine and john urry likes tuono's as he has a racing himself.

We did have a chat about yours, was a bit damp when he took yours out wasn't it? Least it stayed nice and dry today and yeah, he did seem to like it , he agreed with me that the 15/43 gearing might just be a tad too much now though ...certainly makes it fun though, haha.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 17:06
Originally posted by Tifa Tifa wrote:

Hahahaaaa...fame at last!!!
Well played sir.

Cheers Tifa, I'm proper stoked, as long as they can keep my fizzog out of the pics as much as possible then it should be a good feature I think
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 17:09
Originally posted by Gazza Gazza wrote:

Top work that manThumbs Up I'll look forward to reading the article.

Cheers Gazza, I still feel a bit of an impostor after some of the bikes they feature in there, and mines certainly at the lower end of the "special" scale , but I think it brushed up quite well   
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 20:08
Well, that's a result. Be proud they don't ask to feature the sh*t or mundane.  Thumbs Up
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 20:15
WTG, let us know when it hits the streets...the mag that is! Wink
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 20:52
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

Well, that's a result. Be proud they don't ask to feature the sh*t or mundane.Β  Thumbs Up

Result and a half ain't it Leg', made my year to be honest and even though everything I've done to the bike has been for me, it's still nice to think that other people appreciate it.
Just roll on spring now so I can get out on it properly and get the first
Trackday booked up 😎
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 20:54
Originally posted by Stevex Stevex wrote:

WTG, let us know when it hits the streets...the mag that is!Β Wink

... fingers crossed it might even be in the next issue, that'd be a perfect Christmas prezzie .
damo46 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 21:03
Well done on that. I have 15/43 on my tuono and prefer it to the 16/44. I would love if the bike mags did an old vrs new with bikes but the old would have to be a well sorted one , like yours, and see how much of a real world difference there is taking the price difference into account. Didn't performance bikes do it with a 08 blade and Rutter went around the test track faster than on any of the new showroom bikes.
Road Racing Ireland, Do It Between The Hedges
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 21:20
Cheers dude. .

Yeah, they got a ratty old 08 blade and fettled the suspension , brakes etc and gave it a thorough going over and it sat at the top of the laptime list for ages, it only got beat this month actually by the RSV4 RF and the 1299S, but only just...and they're tweaking the blade a bit more now and trying to shed a load of weight off it so it might get a better time yet.
I did/do love the 15/43 gearing on mine, even with the extra torque and power of the 1060 , it's a proper giggle , it's just going to be too much on trackdays because you cant open the throttle coming out of corners without the clocks clouting you in the mush
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 21:33
15/43 here too, loving it.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 21:59
Originally posted by Stevex Stevex wrote:

15/43 here too, loving it.

Keeps the front tyre expenses nice and low doesn't it
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 04:40
Superb Ad really looking forward to reading it after chatting with you there's not many of us who can say their pride and joy is being featured credit to all the work, ahem and cash, that's gone into it. You can forget about the crap along the way and really enjoy it. Shame it's November and bloody freezing!
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 10:36
Hi Adam,
Well that is a great end to what I know has been a long and painful journey matey but as I said to you when you get it back and twist that throttle all the pain will be forgotten.
Enjoy it mate and well done on the feature, looking forward to reading that.
Phil
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 10:44
Originally posted by Fugly Fugly wrote:

Hi Adam,
Well that is a great end to what I know has been a long and painful journey matey but as I said to you when you get it back and twist that throttle all the pain will be forgotten.
Enjoy it mate and well done on the feature, looking forward to reading that.
Phil

Howdy Phil.
Sorry buddy, I was meaning to get in touch again and let you know I'd got it back, just been a hectic couple of weeks.
Yes dude, it certainly puts a smile on my face...the torque...oh the torqueπŸ˜€... and yesterday was just a real nice cherry on the top, knocks the downside of the year into a cocked hat in fact .
Cheers for your help through the year buddy, it's much appreciated I assure youπŸ˜ŽπŸ–’
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 10:45
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Superb Ad really looking forward to reading it after chatting with you there's not many of us who can say their pride and joy is being featured credit to all the work, ahem and cash, that's gone into it. You can forget about the crap along the way and really enjoy it. Shame it's November and bloody freezing!

Shhhh....dont mention the money, I'm in denial still ...
Roll on the spring so it can get used and abused good and proper
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 21:33
congratulations buddy!!
best bike mag out too,performance bikes! always has been imo.
good mix of new stuff and the 2nd hand classics that we can actualy afford
or even actualy prefer over new stuff in my case!
cant wait to see the article buddy.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 22:41
Cheers Big Un , I can't wait to see it myself , just hope my ugly mug doesn't ruin it too much ....i'm sure the wheely pic will make up for it though .
Same as you, PB is easily the best mag (although I did used to love the original Fast Bikes, far too politically incorrect that would be now though πŸ™ˆ), they just mix it up perfectly between the new and the old and have all the best articles on fettling, and the Rutter bike tests are just awesome, you just cant argue with them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic