rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale, Swaps and Wants > Non aprilia items for sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Exhaust wrap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exhaust wrap
    Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 12:44

I've got 20M of Magma Wrap that I purchased earlier in the year from DM Motorsports, there are also 16 stainless ties included.
I was going to wrap my exhausts but changed my mind so this is now surplus to requirements.
I paid £39.00 plus delivery (this is the proper stuff, not the cheap rubbish off ebay) I'm happy to let it go for £30.00 inc UK delivery.
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 14:19
But surely it's better to have something you don't need, than something you don't have?....... LOL LOL

Yes I'll have it for the new motor going in Thumbs Up
Question everything.
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 15:28
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

But surely it's better to have something you don't need, than something you don't have?....... LOL LOL

Yes I'll have it for the new motor going in Thumbs Up

Hahaha, I knew my motto would come back to haunt me ...
No problemo Rick, it's got your name on, I'll PM you with my details again in case you've not got them anymoreπŸ–’
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 15:48
Cheers Rick, the eagle has landed ...i'll get it parcelled up and posted off tomorrow for you πŸ˜ŽπŸ–’
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 15:53
Thanks Adam, I'm getting the BB all pretty Big smile
Question everything.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 16:22
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Thanks Adam, I'm getting the BB all pretty Big smile

Getting it? It's already a peachπŸ˜€...i do love a bit of exhaust wrap though 😎
Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 16:24
Magma Wrap -  Its great Stuff  but for the love of god don't start the bike in your garage the first time after you have wrapped the headers  - the smoke that comes off the wrap is awful. it nips your eyes something rotten , and makes you cough and splutter .

Embarrassed

(This is from the person who did the above )
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 16:57
Geez buddy I know LOL LOL Makes more smoke than a smoke bomb. The last lot I did had foil glued into the wrap as well, and I wept like an onion chef on strong onion day, despite being ready to run. It was winter and I was too knackered to get the bike outside. Next time i'll stand outside the WS and press the starter button with a stick LOL LOL
Question everything.
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 21:50
What's the benefits of a wrap? I've been thinking of wrapping the rear header on mine to protect the rear shock.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 22:05
Answered your own question πŸ‘
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 22:08
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

Answered your own question πŸ‘

Oh, I thought there would be more to it ha ha.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 22:17
I ceramic coated my system and wrapped it and you can hold the pipes with the engine running, it does make a big difference to the damping on the shock as it can go off after a while.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic