Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Motors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Motors
    Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 23:08
Got an Audi s4 avant v8 that I have decided to play around with and fitted a koni sport pack so decided to get a H&R sway bar kit, holy sh*t it's a piece of kit I think you could use the front sway bar for weight training, it's 32mm diameter and weighs a ton, it's definitely going to reduce body roll.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 23:40
Looks a well made bit of kit

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 08:26
Aahh S4 gotta love that, i have owned 4 of the old one’s. Inline 5 turbo, last one i tuned to 420hp and 620nm. Went like stink.
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 08:30
Hemi you have to get one of these to. 🤙
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 10:47
I'll pass on the tatt, I was going to sell it but changed my mind so it's having a full respray at the moment and I've just had some 19 rotors refurbed and sport contact6's fitted, then a full stainless system with decat and rechipped. Hope the contact 6 last longer than the contact 5 as I only got 3500m out of them.🙄
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 09:47
very nice motors buddy.
always wanted one,even looked at the bmw e39 540i v8...i WILL own  V8 ONE DAY!

closest i got was the audi avant quattro  with the 2.7 v6 twin turbo,remapped.
stunning motor in incredible condition,huge regret selling that car and still see it localy now.

any pics of the whole car hemi pal?
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 14:51
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 14:53
Keep looking at these.
https://www.vagbremtechnic.com/front-brake-kit-6-piston-ap-racing-calipers-with-390x34mm-2-piece-discs-bk0019/
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 20:52
ooo very nice buddy.
gota love a v8.what a sound!
if cash was no problem id have an old charger,general lee style
and one of the hellcat mofo's!
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 21:02
69 pro touring charger is my all time car, have you seen the challenger demon😍
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 21:34
no pal
,im off to look it up now though lol.
love that american tv prog where folk find 3 muscle cars for sale test drive em then buy their fave.
some beautys on there,mustangs,cobras,trans ams,gto's ect.

drool fest.
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 21:37
http://www.dodge.com/demon.html
omfg!!
that looks perfect,body,wheels are gorgeous what a beast!
Andy Higham View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Higham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 22:50
My car also has the "four rings" '06 A6 Avant quattro 2.7 220,000 miles
my van is a 06 Toyota hiace with 260,000 miles
Both high mileage but still as sweet and taut as new
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 23:09
The cars 13 years old but like my bikes I would rather have something older that's a high spec and modified than new and standard, normal bores the s##t out of me.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 06:27
Nice wheels bet that's fun to thack about in. On a recent trip to London on my bike I was being fairly sensible until a rs6 came up at speed behind me. I pulled over to let him past but he slowed alongside me and gave the " let's play " look and went for it...I couldn't resist. I was amazed how fast it was. I was wide open and matched him up to a rather quick speed then backed off. I don't know if he was foot to the floor but there was nothing in it very fast motor!
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 10:08
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Nice wheels bet that's fun to thack about in. On a recent trip to London on my bike I was being fairly sensible until a rs6 came up at speed behind me. I pulled over to let him past but he slowed alongside me and gave the " let's play " look and went for it...I couldn't resist. I was amazed how fast it was. I was wide open and matched him up to a rather quick speed then backed off. I don't know if he was foot to the floor but there was nothing in it very fast motor!
was it a bit like this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/motogp/comments/4gc9sk/

/stefan_bradl_on_a_aprilia_rsv4_vs_850hp_audi_rs6/

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 11:04
mine was originaly the a6 allroad with the airbags so you can raise suspension ect.
airbags can be a pain if they go wrong.
had mine lowered and bumpers colour matched ect.
just needed bigger/nicer alloys.
fantastic car though,250bhp standard,even better when fettled and silencer deletes done,sounded nice,
but not as nice as a v8.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 11:18
S4's are about 340 standard but this has been chipped so not really sure what it's putting out, taking it to extreme stainless for a full decat system then getting it re chipped, it's muted as standard till you get it revving so it needs a v8 growl releasing then I might have to get those brakes as you can get them to really stink. It gets through tyres as fast as a superbike.
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 11:54
lol realy?
theres one round here with exhausts done,albeit a convertible but it sounds epic.
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 11:58
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 12:07
That's a nice colour and a tidy motor, always said I wouldn't have a black car then this turned up, last tyres were conti sport contact 5's and I only got 3500m out of them, got the contact 6's on now.
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 12:19
3500 jesus!
yea it cleaned very well,never looked dirty and didnt show swirls or scratches up.
leather heated recaros were lovely too,satnav ect.

as you say,a lot of high spec car for very little.
gave 2k for it from an audi mechanic.
recent new twin turbos too which apparently are a pig to get at/out.

only thing that looked old fashioned was the audi auto box lever area compared to bmws imo.
id love a manual.
very nearly bought a nice  bmw 540i manual but when you view,theyve ALL got some rust on the arches wings ect ffs that they fail to mention in the ads.

legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 12:28
Black is fantastic on a car as long as the paint is in good condition and you keep it clean. As we know though, it's a real pain to keep that way if it's your daily car.

I've got a A4 Avant Quattro Sport (The second one I've had) but the 2.5TDI version. 180hp standard but chipped to 220 and torque of 350 lb-ft. The mid range pull for overtakes is great, the same reason I love my Mille. The handling for a fairly heavy beast is reasonable too.

Andy, you're right, I've got 140K on this car and the last one had 245K on it and still felt taught even then. In all those miles (I had the first one from new) it only ever needed wear items, no failures or breakdowns apart from a wiper linkage. Original clutch and exhaust after all that time and towing a racecar and kit all around the country.

426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 13:13
Bit of an upgrade and early crimbo pressie.

426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 13:15

6 pot brembo's with 380/32mm floating discs😃
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 13:45
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 15:14
Either you have small hands... or they is big brakes LOL

Quality upgrades buddy Thumbs Up
Question everything.
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 15:29
WTF!
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 16:43
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 17:30
Jesus they will have your eyeballs hanging out of your head when you slam them anchors on

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic