rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trim pots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trim pots
    Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 18:57
Done a search, and found different answers. The trim pots on the ecu, is it not : Left= lean
Right= rich, on both pots? Somwhere i read they where different ???
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 19:38
Sure they are the same

see below if this is any help

"set the bypass brass screws (TB's left side): big flat slotted heads.
-> 51mm ad 54/57mm TB's generally needs different air bypass set-up: so try rear screw to one turn out from closed, front screw 1.5 turns out fronm fully closed for the bigger TB's, 2 turns out rear and 2.5 turns out front for the 51mm tb's.
Anyway that's only a base point. If the bike can't idle with the screws so closed, try openup 'em more. Try to keep the motor un-balanced with the front cylinder stronger than the rear.
7) set the ECU trimpots both to zero position at 12 o'clock (the one near the ECU connectors is for the rear cylinder). Try to run the pots around that position, if you have to go far away on the rich or on the lean side maybe there's a problem elsewere."

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 21:18
Thanks red. Just wondering why somone told me it was ccw: rich and cw: lean
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 08:49
Hi

I used to run my rear cyl richer than the front. More fuel = cooler running. 3.5 for the front and 4 for the rear. Aprilia recommend 0.5 I think but the bike hunted like a b@st@rd.

I used a CO2 meter to fine tune the TBs. From memory the adjustment to Trim Pots on the ECU  was CW richer acw leaner. 

If you attempt this your self remember that the ecu changes the fueling once the fans come on. I used a leaf blower aimed at the rads to keep the engine cooler and stop the fans kicking in. That, coupled with the noise from the exhaust made me a real hit with the neighbours!

Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 13:06
Thanks, yeah bet the neigbouhrs loved that😂
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 14:35
Well ended up with TB/F: 0.5 TB/R: 0.25
Pots: F: 0900Hrs R: 0930Hrs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic