FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sebimoto seat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Oldmanjoe View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldmanjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sebimoto seat
    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 01:23
Thanks dude πŸ‘πŸ»
Bill R View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 00:04
Originally posted by Oldmanjoe Oldmanjoe wrote:

Hi, how does the rear cone attach to the front unit? Any mods needed for standard sub frame? Just ordered a full set so will be fitting in the next couple of weeks πŸ‘πŸ»

No mods, you can attach the rear tail section to the seat section with Dzus spring clips / D rings. The tail section attaches to the subframe tray via 2 screws from underneath (stock mounting point). The seat section attaches via 1 screw on each side, where the side covers were mounted.
Rides, Black 2001 Mille R/RR 1102 BB Track Bike, 2 Black Suzuki 1998 TL 1000S's

Oldmanjoe View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldmanjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 21:05
Hi, how does the rear cone attach to the front unit? Any mods needed for standard sub frame? Just ordered a full set so will be fitting in the next couple of weeks πŸ‘πŸ»
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 16:25
And dremel sorted it quite quickly, haha!
Mille Aarrr -02 (1060 BB, Gen2 heads, 2-2 Akra, timed cams, bespoke Gabro chip + TSS slipper) & Beta 480 RR MY19
My riding lines are like Hendrix's solos. Unexpected and always different.
blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 14:55
Ah right well I guess that's not so bad then if it fit the bike, just not another brand's tail. Good to know they don't go together well though Thumbs Up
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 14:46
Originally posted by blacklines blacklines wrote:

What needed changing JMH? Was it not marrying up to your other fairings or did it just not fit the subframe for the bike it's sold to fit?

Exactly. The seat unit did not fit the tail unit I had. The tail unit is, if my memory serves me correct, a Motoforza one.
Mille Aarrr -02 (1060 BB, Gen2 heads, 2-2 Akra, timed cams, bespoke Gabro chip + TSS slipper) & Beta 480 RR MY19
Bill R View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bill R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 14:38

Haven't fitted it as yet. I was getting my bike ready for a track day tomorrow, and took some pictures for the thread seeing I had a brand new one on hand. That being said from what I saw, I think the fit and finish is very good and don't see any issues. Running Shark Skinz USA body work and air box tubes at the moment but in the up coming weeks, I will put the Sebimoto tail on as I like it a little more. Will post up more pics then.

Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 09:34
Thanks Bill. Did you have any grief fitting it?

Beautiful bike!
Bill R View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 04:47

Bill R View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 04:46

Bill R View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 04:42
Some mock up pics of a Sebimoto race seat / tail.

Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 10:48
What needed changing JMH? Was it not marrying up to your other fairings or did it just not fit the subframe for the bike it's sold to fit?
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 12:45
I bought this ages ago and for sure it does not fit as such.

I took my Dremel out and did this today. A big part of the rear needs to come out and some slots at the sides as well. As this is no beauty contest there are no concerns... well, I might have something done on the rear cowling this winter but it has served well as it is this summer.

BJL View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 08:34
Got this seat unit yet JMH? I've never seen one of these. Curious to see how the fit and look
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 20:31
Jollygiant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Carbon Whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollygiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 18:47
Linky no worky.....
Check out my pre-preg carbon fibre
www.jollyscarbon.co.uk
www.facebook.com/jollyscarbon
www.instagram.com/jollyscarbon

Has done The Ring…..Slowly but I did it!!
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 18:05
One seat on the way. I'll soon find out the answer to this ancient question puzzling civilisations through millenia.
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 17:29
By the way... it appears the thread is in the wrong subforum. Moderators may want to move it some place more appropriate.
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 17:32
Hi,

Has anyone fitted the part linked here with a standard rear fairing or with a Motoforza race rear fairing? I have the latter but the shape of them near the seat is pretty much the same. It has the "spoiler" to prevent sliding to the fuel tank that I am looking for.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic