rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RSVR Possible purchase

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchgixer6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RSVR Possible purchase
    Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 06:37
Hi all

So, I've been browsing the forums again as I'm looking to by a Gen 2. I found one locally on Gumtree, haven't been to see it yet but hopefully will be next week.

I've been studying the (poor res) pictures as closely as I can for clues on condition, mods etc. One area that's slightly concerning me however is the fairing. I've attached a picture. I thought I'd ask you guys who know much more than I do for advice.

Do you think the fairing could be of Chinese origin? I'm maybe just being mega paranoid, but the 'R' decal is missing form the front, and the scoop on the side just doesn't look right comparing to other bikes on Google images. Any clues?

Thanks

mitchgixer6 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchgixer6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 06:39
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 07:19
if dont look right to you it probably aint right the front mud guard looks like a respray people dont normally remove decals you could ask for the reg and check the history of the bike if the seller says no look else where theres plenty about whats the asking price 
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchgixer6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 07:30
Sorry, meant to post the original ad. I'll put the link on. I've checked the mot history and the mileage certainly seems to check out...

Asking £3400, 06 plate with 11k miles.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/aprilia-rsv-1000-r/1269255449

constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 07:33
i just seen that i wouldnt bother for the money theres better to be had for that price the gen1 on gumtree up your way would be a much better option unless you really whant a gen2 bilke
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchgixer6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 07:45
Cheers man. I'll probably go and have a look and see what it's like in person. Was really wanting a gen 2 tbh. Just prefer the styling. I'm not in a rush as I won't be riding till the spring now so happy to wait for the right bike. Just not many going up here.
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 09:05
That seller's gone to so much trouble to show his bike off at it's best.
Look, he's even included his helmet in the sale...ffs.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 09:38
I would be looking for a Factory at that sort of money.
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
billd View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 11:01
There is a nice looking 2004 on EBay this morning. Asking £2600.00 with low miles, maybe worth a look.
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchgixer6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 11:09
Thanks again everyone. I've requested better pictures which I'm waiting on. Slightly annoying when those are the only pictures on the listing! Good time of year to be putting in a low offer.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 11:18
Originally posted by davidrsurfer davidrsurfer wrote:

I would be looking for a Factory at that sort of money.

I agree, get a factory. There's many here (gen 1 and 2), who started with the base model -then wished they got the one with the bells and whistles in the first place -and set about turning their base model into a factory. Easy spending nearly half that again doing so, then the modding bug kicks in as well and empties your wallet and bank account.... (ask us how we know ha ha LOL )

Wait for the right one, at the right money, if you're in no rush.

An ad in the wanted section here and a shout on the Aprilia Performance Facebook page, might bring a few more to light Wink
Question everything.
grahamives View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grahamives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 12:44
Don't think you'd get a 2006 Factory for that price, good ones are between 4-5k.
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all
RSVFIFE View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSVFIFE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 12:57
Hiya dude, I'm in Dunfermline and that has been on Gumtree a while now. If I remember right it was a little higher and closer to the £4000 mark when first put up. 

I see your concerns with the body work and as constant points out mud guard does seem different/repainted. The only way to really see though is go and have a look. But seems a little high for a standard bike and as everyone say that is touching the lower side of a factory price wise.

Godd luck Thumbs Up

grahamives View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grahamives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 13:05
Just seen on AP facebook that a 2005 Factory is maybe coming up for sale for £3500, looks nice, chap is called Paul Groves
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 13:26
Hi there. Good advice above. I've had some great deals this time of year on factory machines if you are willing to wait they pop up every so often. Two factory bikes on 05/06 plates have sold recently for 3k and 3.2k which is VERY cheap. For those sorts of prices you would be crazy not to buy the top spec.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 14:27
theres a gen2 bigbore on ebay ends tomorrow down in london that would be worth travelling for 
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 14:59
Originally posted by constant constant wrote:

theres a gen2 bigbore on ebay ends tomorrow down in london that would be worth travelling for 

I clocked that BB Gen 2 as well. Quite a spec, I think he may mean "exceeds 1100cc" (1103 or 1127) when he says it exceeds over 1200cc though?

Lol, put it on my watch list, to see what it goes for Big smile

Question everything.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 15:56
Ohhh missed that one. Should really tell my mate about it but then he'll be quicker than me haha.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 16:43

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
CarsOrBikes View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarsOrBikes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 21:10
I think the seller is trying to hide the replacement front fairing at the very minimum
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 22:29
Good spot
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:56
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

This one and I would say 1103cc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-07-APRILIA-RSVR1000-143-BHP-SERIOUS-UPGRADES-RSV1000R-BARGAIN-/302479140430?hash=item466d29664e:g:ZrYAAOSwlf5Z19IY

Just over 8 hours to go. Bet the seller is pooing himself a bit, at the current price. I think I would be, or popping a few nervous farts at least LOL
Question everything.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 13:18
The problem is many buyers shy away from modded bikes, especially engine, unless they have had it done themselves. Still time yet though as the serious bids don't happen until the last half hour. I wouldn't be bidding until the last 10 seconds - or not at all if it had gone too high for me before that!

Strange though for someone who does sound like he knows his bike well that he thinks the wheels are magnesium. Many still do it seems.
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchgixer6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 14:19
Thanks for the link. I did spot that one when browsing eBay the other day.

As stated above I'm a bit put off due to the engine work. I'm sure it'll be just as reliable as the stock units, but you can never be 100% sure. Plus I'm not sure how much that may affect the insurance.

I'm going to see the one in my op this week so will be interesting to see what it's like in the flesh.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 14:43
its been done by a reputable tuner at least that knows their stuff

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchgixer6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 14:52
Just caught up on all the other replies! Thanks again for all the guidance.

I joined the AP Facebook page recently and have been in touch with Paul Groves about his factory. Definitely right to go for the higher spec if they're going for similar money.
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchgixer6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 14:52
Originally posted by CarsOrBikes CarsOrBikes wrote:

I think the seller is trying to hide the replacement front fairing at the very minimum

Did you mean the one that I linked to on gumtree or the eBay post?
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 17:38
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

its been done by a reputable tuner at least that knows their stuff

I agree and you would be able to chat to him about the work before you buy the bike. It's just the nature of folk though, many take a very risk averse approach when buying.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 20:46
Think that big bore just went for the 3k
Question everything.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 20:50
Yep, I was watching it. I thought it would go for more at the last minute - a bargain for someone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic