rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale, Swaps and Wants > Aprilia parts for sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

High Level Handle Bar Set Up for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: High Level Handle Bar Set Up for sale
    Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 13:33
For sale as per title high level bar set up (Renthal) from my '01 Mille RSV 'R' to suit 51mm ohlins forks.
Consists of C'n'C (cool n comfy) 51mm ohlins fit billet top yokes with risers and clamps to suit 22.2mm (7/8") Renthal handlebars, the yokes are machined from aero spec billet alloy and are super strong and stiff, they come with extra risers to offer further adjustment of bar position. The top yokes come with bolts and spacers to allow the retention of the OE ignition barrel.
Finished in natural machined alloy.
A choice of 2 Renthal handlebars is offered, the first is Renthal Road low part # 754-01 or Renthal Road ultra low # 758-01 both finished in gold and are complete with Renthal end caps (titanium colour) details of bar dimensions can be found on the Renthal website. .
Also included is a pair of longer braided hoses to suit.

I had this fitted for a few months last year and didn't get on with it, while it offers an excellent riding position for riding round town or touring and wheelies (it makes it feel like a big BMX bike !!!) I found that when properly pressing on I didn't have the same secure feel in the front as I got with clip-ons, I liked the overall feel so much I bought extra risers and different height/profile bars and tried lots of suspension adjustments to try to regain the confidence I had with the OE bars, in the end I've gone back to stock clip-ons and put up with the back/wrist/neck ache this brings.

Now don't get me wrong it doesn't actually effect the handling a great deal and I had no 'moments' it was more a mental thing, and I just couldn't get rid of the feeling it wasn't quite as secure as with the OE clip-ons.

For someone looking to increase the comfort and usability it works really well, the C'n'C yokes are super well made as are the Renthal bars it's all in excellent condition with only minor making to the bars which are inevitable when clamping them down. Don't forget these are only suitable for the Mille RSV 'R' equipped with 51mm diameter ohlins forks, fits Mille 'R' '98-'03.

Looking for £150 collected from West Yorks or £160 post within UK please contact me for international postage options.
Any questions please ask.

DSC_0034_zpsvuar9iyk

DSC_0033_zpsrr8zauwa

DSC_0030_zpsfwbpebab

DSC_0028_zpsl9ezbyvz

road low bars
DSC_0296
road ultra low
DSC_0297

DSC_0294

DSC_0293

DSC_0295

all the kit yokes + risers, braided hoses, Renthal end caps and your choice of handle bar road low or road ultra low.
DSC_0298

thanks for looking
simonb View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 13:50
Think you forgot something.
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 13:54
your not wrong, trying to up load pics but it's not going well ... I'll just post up the details and work on the pics later
simonb View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 15:01
Don't know if it will help but i had the same problem with clipons so swapped them over upside down which has made them more or less flat and a lot more comfortable.
Just a thought.
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 15:08
yes I have tried this before I went for the Renthal set up, but it's probably the best part of 2 yrs ago so I can't really remember what it was like !!! I also tried some aftermarket clip-ons with an inch rise and they were quite good but were more vibey as they didn't have the heavy end weights.
BTW I still have clip-ons with the 1" rise if anyone's interested £20 posted.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 17:50
Originally posted by budd budd wrote:

yes I have tried this before I went for the Renthal set up, but it's probably the best part of 2 yrs ago so I can't really remember what it was like !!! I also tried some aftermarket clip-ons with an inch rise and they were quite good but were more vibey as they didn't have the heavy end weights.
BTW I still have clip-ons with the 1" rise if anyone's interested £20 posted.
51 or 53mm?

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 18:15
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

51 or 53mm?

51mm ohlins fit, BTW thanks for the offer of hosting the pics but I think I've sorted it, I've up loaded a few with them fitted I'll take some of them off the bike and upload those next plus same of the 1" rise clip-ons.
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 20:32
new pics uploaded. clip-ons now sold.
Beanie View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
alround top bloke!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 15:48
PM sent through rsvzone,  i deffo want these.

cheers
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 16:51
sold !!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic