rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Titanium Cans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalmahoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Titanium Cans
    Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 07:17
I've been offered a pair of genuine Aprilia Titanium cans for my 2004 factory.
Question being - do they offer anything better than the standard Aprilia racing end cans?
Cheers
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 07:23
Originally posted by Dalmahoy Dalmahoy wrote:

I've been offered a pair of genuine Aprilia Titanium cans for my 2004 factory.
Question being - do they offer anything better than the standard Aprilia racing end cans?
Cheers
these are the race version of the standard cans i.e. straight through and the weight saving of course

quite rare in their own right as aprilia wanted top dollar for them as an optional extra back in the day

so yes they are better than the standard cans

i'd have them if I owned a gen2... everyone has akrapovic's be differentThumbs Up

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
CarsOrBikes View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CarsOrBikes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 21:20
Completely different to the standard cans which only have racing written on them because of Aprilia Racing, nothing to do with them being a race can, The Ti cans were in two versions, the latter version are better, very light and better made.

A £900+ option for 2003/4 then you could only get Akrapovic in a system or slip ons, but only the SP version.

Dalmahoy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalmahoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 20:14
Cans arrived today but I'm stuck in the middle of the North Sea just now.
Hay ho I'm home next week hopefully.
Para View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Para Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 21:54
Any pictures or videos of the cans ? I've just got my hands on the Aprilia Racing Titanium cans and there is a lovely engraving "FOR RACE USE ONLY" I am still waiting for delivery but honestly can't wait to hear them. 

Here's some picture I found on the internet ( that's not my cans as I bought my brand new).

Any idea where could I find the little protection plates which are mounted on the link pipe ? 

CarsOrBikes View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarsOrBikes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 11:33
you bought a pair of these 'brand new' ?

pics or it didn't happen, plus they come with them, so I think someone is confused somewhere?
Para View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Para Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 12:14
Haha you're right, I had a second look and there are hangers there which is great.

Para View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Para Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 12:35
Still no mufflers , my ears will bleed
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 18:41
You can get carbon protection plates on eBay cheap

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
boxer bloke View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boxer bloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 12:58
I have a set of these at home also, marked up not for road use. When you look in the end of the tailpipe, there looks like an insert of a smaller id in there, it's not a db killer, it looks standard, but on other pipes the same they don't have this, anyone enlighten me on this one. They are reasonably loud probably on a par with my akras or slightly louder.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic