rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Man down

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 13:29
Originally posted by BIG UN BIG UN wrote:

Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Wowsers, nice to see some of the old guard on here!

How are you Matt and Gary mateys?

And you of course Rybes mate? Wink

spot on my old pal,hows life treating you and your aches n pains buddy?
i spent a few months bikeless but back now.
grabbed another 1200 bandit,swapped my dreaded nights job and back on days,
12hr shifts 4 on 4 off so family lifes improved and 4 days off a week for riding now.
hope your well pal and rybes is on the mend slow and safe

Nice one Matt, that's a result with the day shifts for you and your family (and bike Wink)

Great that you're back on 2 wheels and on here again, been missed buddy.

Back and leg not good and had bad news about the latter.

How's your back mate? Hope not too much grief?

Come on Rybesy, how are you today buddy? Hope you're feeling a bit better mate Big smile
Question everything.
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 20:59
same old story buddy.
newt gets better,just a case of learning to live with the sh*t pal as you know.
biking has had to be adjusted to suit,but a beefy naked is suiting better than a sports bike these days.
i looked at a few milles and blades but i realy enjoyed my last 1200 bandit.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 16:21
Originally posted by BIG UN BIG UN wrote:

same old story buddy.
newt gets better,just a case of learning to live with the sh*t pal as you know.
biking has had to be adjusted to suit,but a beefy naked is suiting better than a sports bike these days.
i looked at a few milles and blades but i realy enjoyed my last 1200 bandit.

You know it buddy, gotta stay positive and just get on with it Wink

Funny how after having my vertebrae fused and more room made for the sciatic nerve, I'm actually better in a sports bike "tuck" (apart from my knee Angry) rather than sitting upright, which puts more weight on my spine. Gods way of telling me to go faster? LOL

We do what we have to eh? The AP rearsets have been great, adjusted to make more room for my left knee and leg. The time will come when I'll need to fit a power shifter, with buttons on the bars, like the Translogic one though. Nothings going to stop me ha ha.

Bandits are great fun, can't go wrong with one of them at all mate Big smile Thumbs Up

Hope you're well today Rybesy, how you feeling buddy?

Question everything.
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 18:00
yea its my knees spoiling the sportsbikes pal,both of em.
cant get them up onto the pegs without looking a teet and them hurting.
i had a 97 blade and no problems.
then had 2 99 blades as they were meant to be more touring type,
and the bloody pegs are higher.
realy struggled.
the bandits like an old armchair,albeit one with a temper/attitude when poked and aggravated lol.
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 19:51
Evenin all thought I'd drop in and give ya last Fridays update. Wernt realy with it last week emotions where everywhere.
So went to the hospital and got told I can start walkin again wich is a result. Got told be at least 2 weeks till I can use a crutch pffffff try 3 days
The scarey part is me hand got just over a week till I can get the pins taken out so I can start usin it again. At the moment all I can do is slightly wiggle me fingers. The docs say they have no idea how well it'll repair it may return too 100% but it might not get any better than it is now. I can honestly say that scares me. If me hand don't work that means no more bike need to find a new trade plus all the delights of learning to be a lefty. Still got me spirits up and giving the nurses grief n keeping meself up n happy. Got a long road ahead of me and I'll keep goin till I'm where I wanna be.
ive just got my first vtwin and i think i got the right one
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 20:34
Good to here the walking is coming on but it's not the same wiping your arse with the wrong hand.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 12:35
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

Good to here the walking is coming on but it's not the same wiping your arse with the wrong hand.

LOL LOL Or the other one ha ha

Great to hear from you Rybes.

Remember, one day at a time and don't look too far ahead. Brilliant that you feel positive, keep it up bro.  You will have good and bad days, physically and esp emotionally with worry etc. When you have a bad one, always remember that tomorrow is another day, separate from the day before and might well be a good one. Don't let your mind wander to negatives, like not riding a bike. I have both a mate with one arm and a mate with one leg who do!

Keep up the good work buddy and keep us posted of your progress.

We're all behind you mate (yes some of us behind your sofa and some lurking in the bushes LOL)

Question everything.
Tin Man View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tin Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 18:31
Docs usually give you worse case scenario so dont fret about it just yet. It gets you down I know, but on an off day you just have to remind yourself of all the people much worse off than yourself and crack on with it. Good luck
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 08:48
As a lefty myself Robow Ive never had a problem wiping my own arse.

dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 10:03
Hi Rybes, glad you're recovering well mate,
Robert Dunlop won a TT with the throttle on the left, with determination you can achieve almost anything.
Best of luck and keep positive.
Richard.
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 11:23
Thanks again peeps pins come out of me hand tues. Then I'll find out how much of me hand works then it's trainin time to get it workin good that's when the hard work starts.
ive just got my first vtwin and i think i got the right one
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 11:32
I busted my right arm pretty bad in a bike crash when I was 18. lots of physio to get it to straighten (which it still doesn't 100%). As a result I did learn to use my left arm and hand much much more and with the exception of writing, I can do most things the same with either hand. Hopefully you won't need too but it is amazing how we adapt when forced too.
I do believe in positive attitude making a difference, if you want it enough etc...

Keep the faith, it will come good.

Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 17:03
Been chatting to someone else this morning about getting round injuries. There's loads of ways and lots of bits out there, to help, even bespoke stuff.

This is all worst case scenario stuff, because we're hoping you won't need it. But there is always a way to carry on doing what you love.

The K2 master can be used as front brake/rear brake, or front brake/clutch etc either side of the bars.

you could have a thumb throttle, many types available, just grabbed this pic

You can use a power shifter like the Translogic one. Two buttons, up shift, down shift on the bars and still use the conventional shifter if you like. I might need one soon! Big smile

http://www.translogicusa.com/powershifters.php

Other stuff on the market and less expensive, these are just the first things I grabbed.

Some of these are obviously not applicable and hopefully none needed, but anything can be done if you want it, like Spoonz says Thumbs Up

Now get yourself healed and don't worry too much Wink

Question everything.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic