rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Man down

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 08:07
Best wishes for your recovery Rybes. Shame about the bike but as Ian says, the important thing is that you are still around and can use the time to plan the rebuild!
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 09:44
Forget the bike .just get better/fit..hopefully you have insurance covered

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 14:12
Great to hear from you mate
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Shyted View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 19:37
Yes glad to see you are the right side of things.
Time and that's it. One day you will talking about all of your experience and it will all be a memory.
Keep strong Rybes .
Dave.
I used to be uncertain , but now i'm not sure anymore
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 12:58
Great to hear you're on the mend buddy
born ugly what's your excuse!!
kiwi_rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
EX Dr Frankie Stein (splitter)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi_rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 20:14
Its a hell of a story for the grand kids not to mention the scars....... Glad you are on the mend. 
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 08:28
Get well soon mate. Take it steady and do what the medics tell you to do . Like some have said, the bike can wait. Get yersef fixed.

Roborybes! PMSL

kiwi_rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi_rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 08:51
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 09:31
Glad you’re on the mend Rybes, keep us posted on your progress.
By the way Mrs Rybes is an inspiration to all wives
Oh, and I’m sure we’re all looking forwards to see your next project taking shape 👍🏼
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 09:51
Originally posted by kiwi_rsvr kiwi_rsvr wrote:

"RYBEY THE ROBOT "ConfusedEmbarrassed 

people of certain age will get the gist of it

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 10:08
Now that really makes me feel old  LOL
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 17:28
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

"RYBEY THE ROBOT "ConfusedEmbarrassed 

people of certain age will get the gist of it

Can anyone change me login name to rybey the robot

Cheers everyone gunna be a long road till I'm workable again but everyday it gets closer

As for the next project I'll either rebuild what bits I got if possible but the streetfighter build will still be goin ahead. The good bit is if I need a new bike that'll mean I'll have a spare complete engine. So you know what that means....... v twin tiger
ive just got my first vtwin and i think i got the right one
kiwi_rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi_rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 21:07
The next several projects are "Get you better" or else I'm coming over there with some Frankie DNA and have a little chat with Mrs Rybes !! 
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 22:16

The next several projects are "Get you better" or else I'm coming over there with some Frankie DNA and have a little chat with Mrs Rybes !! 
mmmn you mentioned frankie before and this happened....keep quiet

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 22:28
That's a good point. Someone a few weeks ago mentioned Frankie and my bike in the same sentence then this happens
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 00:45

mate that sounds wrong I don't think we need anymore frankie dna going about rybes keep your lovely missus well away haha
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 07:44
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

mate that sounds wrong I don't think we need anymore frankie dna going about rybes keep your lovely missus well away haha

Yeah bad ya right does sound a bit iffy. I'll be keeping an eye on him if they ever meet

Well today's the day of me xrays. Today I'll find out if me arm cast can come off and I can start to walk on me leg again. I did try hopping the other day all I'll say is it didn't go well and I've never seen me missus go that white before   
I asked one of the nurses here if she knew how much all this is costing from the day I got picked up all the ops n drugs etc. I got told millions. So glad they have an NHS style service here or I'd be sneaking back to the uk soon
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 08:42

Dont do it!!!LOLLOLLOL

Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 17:30
I'm happy. Got told today my legs healed enough to start walkin on it so I had a go and at the moment I walk like one of those dressage horses lol just need to get tendons n muscles stretched now.
On to the hand
Cast is off and have to go back in 2ish weeks to get the pins out in a small op. Thing is no one knows how much use I'm goin to get back. I said as long as I can pull a brake lever I don't care. Who knows if I can't get enough use back out of me hand I may never get back on a bike. Aparantly I done a real good job of wrecking all the muscles tendons n bones that make ya hand work oh n the fact my thumb was only held on by a small flap of skin otherwise it wouldve been a nice key ring. So now the fight really begins
kiwi_rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi_rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 17:34
Good new Rybes  - On the other hand ....oh okay I know, but if you is gonna do a job do it properly yeah.

You can always use a thumb brake or even put the brake in a different location maybe ?
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 20:51
Progress at least. Best of luck with the rehab
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 21:59
Don't go bull in a china shop at rehab ....small improvement are better than big ones that may set you back

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 15:04
Originally posted by Rybes Rybes wrote:

I'm happy. Got told today my legs healed enough to start walkin on it so I had a go and at the moment I walk like one of those dressage horses lol just need to get tendons n muscles stretched now.
On to the hand
Cast is off and have to go back in 2ish weeks to get the pins out in a small op. Thing is no one knows how much use I'm goin to get back. I said as long as I can pull a brake lever I don't care. Who knows if I can't get enough use back out of me hand I may never get back on a bike. Aparantly I done a real good job of wrecking all the muscles tendons n bones that make ya hand work oh n the fact my thumb was only held on by a small flap of skin otherwise it wouldve been a nice key ring. So now the fight really begins

Rybesy, I've sent you a more detailed message on Messenger buddy Thumbs Up

One day at a time, stay positive.

You will be able to ride again, one way or another buddy. Worst case scenario with some modded controls. Don't worry!! Thumbs Up
Question everything.
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 15:19
Good to hear your getting better, sray positive and focused. The mind is a powerful tool 🙏
RSV_Ecosse View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 18:11
Not been on these forums for a while so I'm gutted to read this, Rybes m8! Get well soon and as others have said, stay positive. I nearly killed myself 27 years ago in a HUGE bike crash whicj resulted in me losing my Spleen and have a massive fracture of my right Femur which impacted on my Femoral artery. It was touch and go and at one point there were TWO surgical teams working on me in the OR - one sorting out the Spleen, the other team sorting out the Femur. The docs said if I hadn't been in as good a physical condition as I was (I had just completed 16 weeks recruit firefighter training) I would have died on the operating table.

Fast forward 27 years and I still have lasting effects in relation to the accident which plague me physically from time to time. However having been through all that dark and dismal experience, I will say one thing - maintaining a positive mental attitude is the key to emerging out the other side. Your likely to have good days and bad days m8. Treat the bad days as a challenge. When you are feeling sh*t, face right up to it and kick it into touch. You WILL get there in the end. 

Best wishes and speedy recovery bud. Thumbs Up

2000RSV - Lots of carbon tat - Hopeless wobbler onboard
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 20:51
same here ecosse.
all the best rybes mate,get well pal and heal fast.
hang in there mate.
top class lady you got yourself there too!!
my mrs would be fighting tooth and nail for my biking life to be over for good now!
chin up mucka 
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 00:35
Wowsers, nice to see some of the old guard on here!

How are you Matt and Gary mateys?

And you of course Rybes mate? Wink
Question everything.
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 08:21
Rybes, as everyone has said don't rush the recovery.  There's a lot of experience from more than 3 corners talking to you here matey, take it slow and do it right.

It will also give you more time to plan the rebuild Thumbs Up

Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 09:41
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Wowsers, nice to see some of the old guard on here!

How are you Matt and Gary mateys?

And you of course Rybes mate? Wink

spot on my old pal,hows life treating you and your aches n pains buddy?
i spent a few months bikeless but back now.
grabbed another 1200 bandit,swapped my dreaded nights job and back on days,
12hr shifts 4 on 4 off so family lifes improved and 4 days off a week for riding now.
hope your well pal and rybes is on the mend slow and safe
Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 11:13
Glad you’re back on the road Big Un, can’t keep a good man down for long 👍🏼
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic