rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Man down

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Man down
    Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 11:59
Mrs. Rybes here. Been asked to go on this forum and let you all know that Rybes has been in an accident. Last tuesday he went around a bend a little too fast and got out too far. Would've been alright if it weren't for the on-coming car! He tried getting around it but failed and the car hit his right side. The impact threw him of the bike which probably saved his life as the bike continued straight into a tree. As it was he got away with just a compound fracture an 2 other fractures on his right leg, a shattered wrist,couple of fractures on his lower arm and his thumb pretty much ripped off. He's had 18 hours of surgery and still has more to go. But he breaths!
As for the bike....I reckon it'll make a really nice coffee-table!

ive just got my first vtwin and i think i got the right one
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 12:08
Holy sh*t! Bad enough but as you say a lucky escape.

You sound like a strong lady, he will probably need that in the coming weeks. Please pass on my best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 12:49
Noooooo, poor Rybes Shocked Ouch

Thank **** he's still with us.

That looks and sounds horrendous.

Best wishes to you both and hope he heals quickly.
Question everything.
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 13:03
Get well soon feller.
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
GingerWhinger View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GingerWhinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 13:15
Speedy recovery Rybes.
Good luck with all the surgery.
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 13:15
Always horrible to hear bad news but it is good to hear that he is doing ok considering .

I am know that everyone on the site will be wishing him a Full and Speedy recovery  -

let us know how he is getting on  as it may be a while before he is up and about by the sounds of it .
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 13:41
Wow, looking at the bike he was lucky indeed to be flung clear of it.
Please pass my good wishes to him,I hope he makes a complete recovery and a speedy one at that.
Richard.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 13:49
Jesus .....not good hope he has a speedy recovery

Gutted for him !

Send our best to him ....

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
MountainMan View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 13:56
Jesus, he did a proper job there! Glad he mostly got away with it. Wish him all the best.
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 14:33
You don't do anything by halves , hope you recover fast , all my best wishes to you .
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 14:47
Oh sh*t that looks nasty thank god he's ok and thanks for letting us know he's.ok all things considered. What a shame after he's put so much work into the ape but bikes can be replaced lives can't get well soon my friend.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Tin Man View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tin Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 15:54
Gws fella. Hope he makes a full recovery!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 17:14
Ouch!!   That looks really nasty,thanks for coming on and letting us know.   At least he's alive albeit a bit battered and broken in places

Hopefully this won't set his studies back too far and he can resume them when he's a bit better

Best wishes to you both and please keep us informed of how he's recovering?
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 17:18
F@ck a duck.... .... really sorry to hear this and even though it was a bad one, at least he's still about to tell the tale...bikes can be replaced, people can't.
Get well soon buddy 🖒
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
twinfan View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 18:11
Thanks Mrs Rybes for letting us know of his mishap, please give him all our best wishes, as we are all looking for him to make a speedy recovery, and big hugs for you too,  Paul
on my licence it says "tear down the dotted line" so I DO!
j180 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 22:19
Get well mucker, as already been said, could have been much worse.
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 08:47
Thanks for letting us know and please give him my best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Gazza View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Jaffa Cake Dealer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 08:47
Mrs Rybes, tell him not to be a tart, that'll polish out...honest. And it'll certainly make a nice modern art coffee table.

Heal fast Rybes, hope you're not in for too long.
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
rsvwalt View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsvwalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 10:28
All the best mate. That 'just got away with' list is quite long, I thought I was having a crap day at work repairing this escalator. Get well soon.
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 10:35
hope you aren't hurting too much I'm sure you are in good hands o and I seen a few bits on eBay that you might need all the best rybes
grumpy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 11:53
That will certainly test your welding skills!
Hope you are not hurting too much, get well soon.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 11:58
Originally posted by constant constant wrote:

hope you aren't hurting too much I'm sure you are in good hands o and I seen a few bits on eBay that you might need all the best rybes
like a whole new bike!!!!!

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
bladebod View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bladebod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 14:36
That is what we call in the Road Racing Marshals speak as "a big one", jeez hope he's gonna be ok, sounds as though he will be, plenty of time to reflect on his next bike ?
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 14:51
Get well soon fella.
Hope the surgery goes well.

Bruce Wayne View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Wayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 15:19
Get well soon Rybes, and wishing you a speedy recovery
kiwi_rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
EX Dr Frankie Stein (splitter)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi_rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 16:51
Get well soon Rybes, Mrs Rybes please don't be too hard on him , wait till hes healed before beating him up !!.

I think someone was watching over you on this one.
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 22:17
Please pass on my best wishes to Rybes for a speedy recovery. Thanks Mrs R for letting us know and please keep us informed about his recovery 👍
born ugly what's your excuse!!
Shyted View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 22:26
Paddedcell told me about this today . So thats not going to polish out is it ?
Has the surgery been successful or is it to early to tell ?
That's lucky Rybes and sorry to hear of your injury.
Keep us posted on your recovery.
Best regards
Ted

I used to be uncertain , but now i'm not sure anymore
deloco7 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deloco7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 22:46
Get well soon Rybes,

Never good to hear about anyone having an accident but glad you're walking away from it.

Speedy recovery Thumbs Up
flatlander View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatlander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 23:29
Tell him to stop trying to keep up with you and accept that you are the quicker rider and he won't fall off so much !
Oh and tell him tI keep that positive and driven attitude he's going to need it ... that and a bucket of pain killers
Good healing wishes
"Si me dices ven lo dejo todo ... pero dime ven"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic