rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Your Bike
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi! New to the forum!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi! New to the forum!
    Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 12:11
Hello Everyone!

I am new to the forum and I would like to say hello to Everyone before asking silly questions :P Please bear with me.

I have just bought an '06 RSV1000R. It is my first 'big bike' after 6 years on a CBR600F4i. . So quite a step up.

So far I learnt that this is not a touring bike :) After 3 days of riding (80-100 miles a day) I learned that this is not a comfy bike. Everything hurts, back, wrists, legs, EARS :P But it is sooo much fun.. Well- it was most of the time- maybe apart from one situation on the very first ride out- I let a TDM or something similar overtake me :P

Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 12:48
Welcome .. nice bike that
TDM got 270 degree offset firing order parallel twin..
torque no issue ! need 17" front wheel to make em really go..
sorry mind wandering to times gone by ..
need bit weed killer on the paving and I hope yer not
knicking lektrikery fae next door ...
Enjoy yer bike ... Rod.
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
Friq View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 13:30
Hahaha, Cheers for that.

The picture is the very first one I took of the bike- still at the previous owner place, so I am not the one stealing the electricity :P

The bike is indeed quite tidy - 22k miles on the clock (not been reset) but looks better than lower mileage examples- of course there are some marks, but nothing major.

damo46 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 15:08
Welcome..nice bike, you could always change it for a tuono if the aches and pains are too much, same bike except more comfort. 
Road Racing Ireland, Do It Between The Hedges
Friq View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 15:16
Thanks! A good friend of mine tried to persuade me to buy his tuono with some really nice upgrades- but I just prefer the looks of an rsv...

Hopefully I will get used to it 😃
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 15:58
Welcome Friq. Looks a good one there, silly thing to say but I always do with ohlins forks" don't do up the bottom Allen bolts too tight " look up the torque figure and do it less ! Sorry for going on ? Tuono factory here 09 plate .
Friq View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 16:30
Thanks for the tip Smile

Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 17:12
Welcome to the forum fella Thumbs Up

Bike looks a cracker Big smile
Question everything.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 18:31
Welcome along ...you'll get used to the pain

And you have sussed posting photos

Davesurfer willl be along to sl*g off the weeds soon as he is OCD on gardens ha ha ha

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 18:35
Welcome in.

Unfortunately I was beaten to the draw with the garden comments! I was busy leering at KTM photos on the internet.
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
Friq View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 18:40
Hahaha, cheers guys!
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 18:53
Welcome in fella you've found the best place to be for all things ape or otherwise. Lovely gen2 unusual colour combo I like it.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 19:11
Welcome, nice bike. Have not ridden the gen2, but i heard wispers in the bushes that gen1 are more cumfy😂 And offcourse red the "fastest" color
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 20:09
Welcome to the forum, that's a nice bike you have, I like the colour scheme.

Don't take any notice of Ice-Mille though as everyone knows the fastest colour is Black. Now you have some black so you are half way there!

grahamives View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grahamives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 20:32
Welcome, nice looking bike, you'll soon get used to the aches, I was quite surprised how comfortable I find mine, only problem I have is a numb clutch hand after an hour or so, it's worth it though
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all
Friq View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 11:30
A couple of pics of the ape and one with my previous bike O had owned for 6 years..

Friq View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 11:33
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 12:30
How are you finding the ape compared to the cbr?
Friq View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 12:55
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

How are you finding the ape compared to the cbr?

Freaking awesome!! i've had it for about a month now and it is sooo nice!! I ride like a granny thou 😉

Still grtting used to the torque and V2 characteristics, but I am loving it. I can't quite imagine doing any longer trips on it but am temtped to take it round a track..

The cbr was a good all round bike, with the luggage rack I could go touring and it was okay on a track- but had to rev the hell out of it.

The RSV... seems like a lot newer bike and handles soo well.. just nowhere near as comfy.. but the torque and the sound make up for it 👌
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 17:00
Comfy is just the way it is , I'm 62 and after 100 MLS I stop for fuel and a rest then I'm ok along with me arthritis and many broken / mended /plated bones , I love it !!
Friq View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 17:06
Originally posted by snowman snowman wrote:

Comfy is just the way it is , I'm 62 and after 100 MLS I stop for fuel and a rest then I'm ok along with me arthritis and many broken / mended /plated bones , I love it !!

Hahaha.. I am slowly getting used to it... 😍
MountainMan View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 18:54
Evening and welcome in. Great forum run by great folk.

It's not supposed to be comfy btw. Besides, when you find the right bendy road you'll not give two sh*ts about comfort. Ha ha
Friq View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 19:11
I know, cheers! I didn't think for a moment it was a comfy bike before I even rode it.. but yeah, it is awesome.. I don't need to do anything- it's almost like it sees a bend and does everything for me way before I have time to think about it lol
MountainMan View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 19:16
Yeah. Very confidence inspiring front end (on a gen1 at least. Never tried a gen2). When you think you are pushing the front to the limit, it'll still go harder. I came to my Mille from an 08 R6 and was shocked by how sketchy it made the Yamaha feel. Comfort was never really a concern. Pretty similar riding position.
Friq View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 11:24
Soo, modifications so far:

R&G fork sliders,
R&G fairing crash protectors

Already bought R&G swing arm sliders and R&G crash protectors for the rear sets- just need to install these.

Booked the bike in for a general health check and a tune up  @ Aprilia Performance in Tamworth next Monday.

Mods planned- new sprockets- to make the low speed riding a bit smoother-
I had a go on my mates Tuono last week (-1T +2T) and it is a lot smoother at low speeds.
I will discuss it with Griff next week and see what he says.

I am also debating the alternator cooling mod (my mates done it on his Tuono) as well as an aftermarket Reg/Rec as well as removal of the brown connectors.

Cheers,

Marek

j180 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 21:17
Welcome aboard mucker, lovely RSV
Friq View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 21:25
Originally posted by j180 j180 wrote:

Welcome aboard mucker, lovely RSV

Hahaha cheers!
Roger Ramjet View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Ramjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 22:44
Lovely, lovely looking bike - welcome aboard!
Tom87 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 21:44
Hi there, I also live in Coventry will have to meet up for a ride if you fancy at some point, 2 loud apes are better than one LOL
Friq View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 06:20
That would be great! Bear in mind I am slow as &£@@ as I have only had it for about a month lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic