Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
26 [86.67%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [13.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Its like Marmite
    Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 16:08
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
skippyfc View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippyfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 16:18
from me fella
completely bonkers to ride
skippyfc View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippyfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 16:29
just given my mates back to him after I babysat it
while he moves house
properly laughed out loud nearly every time I used it......but......

For me, I couldn't live with it every day, just too bonkers....now, if I could have both, that'd be a different story

I use my Ape to commute to work on every day and sometimes question even doing that, would hate to do it on the ktm

Like it in that colour scheme too
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 20:28
I like them but I'd rather have orange and black. Looks to blocky in white
ive just got my first vtwin and i think i got the right one
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 20:57
Love that colour, the fact it's a bonkers twin and that side view.

However, in the flesh I can't manage to like the angular styling or the headlight but then you don't see that when riding the thing as it's someone else's problem

Had a sit on Daz's bike at the Liverpool service day and was pleasantly surprised by the ergonomics compared with the Ape.

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 21:05
I love them, mate has one with full akra system and akra carbon bodywork, would have one tomorrow if I hadn't done so much to my rsv especially the Ltd edition akra model.
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 21:48
It's a 1200cc V2 ,175bhp, Marchesinis, M4's, WP suspension, adjustable rearsets as standard and no electronics....seriously, whats not to like
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 01:28
Originally posted by Paddedcell100 Paddedcell100 wrote:

It's a 1200cc V2 ,175bhp, Marchesinis, M4's, WP suspension, adjustable rearsets as standard and no electronics....seriously, whats not to like
as Ian G said the headlight I hate the frontal view but other than that I'm a fan. One of the Ltd akra ones came up for sale a few years ago for 6k which seemed a bargain but.... K eeps T aking M oney. Never known anyone to own one so only dodgy Internet reviews to go on.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
arran View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 07:33
Great to ride but it's a KTM and will break drown in a very expensive fashion.
Had 2 from new and wouldn't touch another one.
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 07:58
Originally posted by arran arran wrote:

Great to ride but it's a KTM and will break drown in a very expensive fashion.
Had 2 from new and wouldn't touch another one.
That's why there not seen about much ?
Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 10:23
As Ian G says Dazzer has one and loves it. I've ridden it and although it feels like a mountain bike ( tiny and narrow) it's comfortable, which it shouldn't be, and very very responsive.
We affectionately refer to it as 'the Lego bike' because of its angular styling he does our 5 day Scotland trip on it with no issues either.
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 16:56
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

as Ian G said the headlight I hate the frontal view but other than that I'm a fan. One of the Ltd akra ones came up for sale a few years ago for 6k which seemed a bargain but.... K eeps T aking M oney. Never known anyone to own one so only dodgy Internet reviews to go on.

I think the later ones are pretty well sorted aren't they, I know they had a few gearbox issues with the early ones but I'd certainly consider a later one.
I like the styling, especially in the black and white colour scheme from about 2011/12 I think? And they sound epic with a decent exhaust on...still rather have a 1098/1198 mind you.
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
Nic77 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 01:29
I've seen one at work today and although I find in the flesh it looks better, I still think that for my taste they tried too hard with the esthetics...
It must be a real hooligan to ride though!
Nic
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 08:31
I really like them although never ridden one. It appeals to my sense of running against the flow in a similar way to the Mille. Never want to be the same as everyone else. Big smile
j180 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 20:58
I really like them, surprisingly comfortable to sit on. Would like to try one at some point to see how good they are. Just needs a set of straight bars to make it perfect
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 21:03
I will let you know how comfortable tomorrow when I have ridden it 140 miles home.
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 21:25
Haha.bought one then
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 21:40
Yes, one of my mates said it will be ok so long as I only mount it from behind & can't  see its face.
Garin View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group
A Big Bore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 00:01
We'll have to start a KTM section..........

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 01:04
Originally posted by davidrsurfer davidrsurfer wrote:

Yes, one of my mates said it will be ok so long as I only mount it from behind & can't  see its face.

Traded in the V4?

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 08:24

My thoughts exactly. And, I like the looks.Wink

brubache View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brubache Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 14:54
Love it.  Want it.  Period.   :)
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 15:03
Done! I am now an official ex-Aprilia owner. Farewell old friends, see some of you Saturday. How odd, almost 10 years of Ape ownership the only AP open day I go to I won't own one. Funny how things turn out.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 15:16
Can't fault you, my mate loves his and it's the last of the true uncluttered v twin superbikes
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 15:21
Dave only wanted one cos the colour scheme matches his shirts.

If I wanted another sports bike I could be tempted.
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 20:35
I took one out in February just before getting the Ape, absolute weapon of a thing. Even in the cold weather and probably only using half throttle it was exciting to ride and kept you on the edge.
The build quality didn't feel great though. This particular one had had a hard life and kept cutting out when coming to a standstill, the Q/S didn't work ect ect.

I would love to try a nice example.
I can't see them depreciating any more than they have already either.
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 08:39
Originally posted by davidrsurfer davidrsurfer wrote:

Done! I am now an official ex-Aprilia owner. Farewell old friends, see some of you Saturday. How odd, almost 10 years of Ape ownership the only AP open day I go to I won't own one. Funny how things turn out.

You will always be one of us Dave.Wink

Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 11:44

Big v twins with powerful engines are now illegal thanks to the EUSSR !
Garin View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group
A Big Bore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 11:51
Originally posted by Af1 Af1 wrote:

Damn I must be a wanted man, I've got four !

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 12:11
Originally posted by Garin Garin wrote:

Originally posted by Af1 Af1 wrote:

Damn I must be a wanted man, I've got four !

Nah, just call them a deconstructed V8 & you will be good.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic