FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Couple more bits for Ratters on the bay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Couple more bits for Ratters on the bay
    Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 13:22
Too bad, they are beautiful bikes, and you could easy keep up with some off the new bikes i think in the twisties, most riders today that i have encountered, are fast straight forward. And since being a former audi tech. The less electronic i can have, fine. The less worries i have
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 09:06
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Yeah, nasty,quiet, reliable, and even worse they make going fast so easy. 

Not much of a future there Wink

You're right there Ian, my Honda's so damn reliable and easy to ride...I hate it  LOL

(Not half as much fun to ride as the Tuono though).
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 01:35
Exactly my thoughts they can't get much cheaper than some of them out there and with almost all manufacturers stopping twin production they will go up. Look at what an 80s 90s smoker goes for. Infact all old bikes are on the rise and the first gen1s are almost 20 years old!
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Careca View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Careca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 23:45
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Basically they are worth more in parts than complete

Remember some of these are 18years old and built using last century tech.

It's mostly older people buying them I think, I would guess most affluent youngsters would rather have a car, and those that fancy two wheels would be influenced by More Crap Nonsense and buy the latest thing going.

Which means at some point they will go up in value as there will be very few left and no bits. 
It seems to me this is the low. Don't delay buy a nice complete one today.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 21:56
Originally posted by Ice-mille Ice-mille wrote:

Why are so many of the milles being, broken for parts?? If i had the money, i would have one in each color
I sunk too much cash into mine during the rebuild and it was sat not being used I'm cycling to work the bike was a mile away in a lockup so out of sight out of mind and I needed some cash for a holiday rather than put it on credit cards the bike was the easiest thing to cash in .

Nearly 4k return so far and I still have frame swingarm and bodywork left to sell to raise some more cash for the falco project.

But must admit a Big Bang R1 or Zx10r may end up keeping the falco's company within a year to 18 months

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 21:40
True, but on the other hand I'm not convinced I could control the thick edge of 180 bhp especially in the wet all the time without a backup.

I'm as old school as you can get and I used to say the same thing as you but I do doubt my ability with that much power and expense.

I think it's called progress, I remember decrying water cooling when it first appeared.  I learned to live with it Wink

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 20:53

And a lot of new riders need their electronic 'nappy'
ABS, anti skid, anti wheelie etc
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 20:40
Yeah, nasty,quiet, reliable, and even worse they make going fast so easy. 

Not much of a future there Wink
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 20:06

3 motorcycle tests is restricting new riders, we are a dying breed !

bikes are now use and throw away, very few get an enthusiastic following. To many awful sh*thonda's being sold....
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 20:00
Basically they are worth more in parts than complete

Remember some of these are 18years old and built using last century tech.

It's mostly older people buying them I think, I would guess most affluent youngsters would rather have a car, and those that fancy two wheels would be influenced by More Crap Nonsense and buy the latest thing going.
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 19:35
Why are so many of the milles being, broken for parts?? If i had the money, i would have one in each color
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 16:28
Originally posted by Mr Miller Mr Miller wrote:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APRILIA-RSV-MILLE-R-2003-2x-BREAKING-RSV-MILLE-RSV-1000-TUONO-V2-RSV-1000-R/253059948030
he's had those up for a couple of weeks now ....800-900 for Oz wheels

No Mille bits now for me ....when I come back I'll be selling all my Mille bits that didn't go before I left for California ....I have a frame /swingarm left then loads of bodywork....

If it doesn't fit a falco then it's going to be offloaded ! I have a falco that's nearly MOT ready

I have a gen2 engine coming as well so the other bike "project falco" is slowly moving forward really it's a dead falco with no bodywork and a pile of bits ha ha

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 09:56
Quick as a shot, I called about the Haga yoke on the black one. I wanted an Edwards one really.

He sent some pics, but it's too rough cosmetically for me -scratched and chipped on top and edges, has got the number missing and he wanted minimum of £150 for it Ouch

Seemed a nice bloke and I'm sure he'll sell it, but for the money, I'd want one that's pretty much perfect.

Question everything.
Olie View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 19:42
Plenty of goodys there
Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 19:26
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic