rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tuono > General & Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quick Shifter Gen2 Tuono

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianv5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick Shifter Gen2 Tuono
    Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 11:07
I used to have a Quick shifter on my Triumph Street triple and I wondered if anyone had one fitted to their Gen2 Tuono?

I am thinking of getting this on:

Any opinions gratefully received. 
Sparky46 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 17:36
I have the healtech on my tuono and it works great. Can adjust all the settings aswell by using there app on you're phone.
ianv5 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianv5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 17:39
Is it easy to fit? Have heard that the installation instructions aren't that great?
Sparky46 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 17:42
Originally posted by ianv5 ianv5 wrote:

Is it easy to fit? Have heard that the installation instructions aren't that great?

Yeah it's pretty easy bud only takes about 30 mins. Once you have it all plugged in you just follow the instructions on the app to set it up.
ianv5 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianv5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 18:29
Thanks
JazzyJay71 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazzyJay71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 19:52
I have the dyno jet one fitted into PC3 on my Gen 2. Works a treat once set up.   Not been as smooth lately but I'm having missfire issues at the moment which will affect it.
bladebod View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bladebod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 11:07
Ive fitted a PC3 USB and Dynojet Q/S - the shifting itself is faultless, however when the Q/S is plugged into the PC3 it causes the engine to misfire hideously, so a bit of a waste of time really until the fault is rectified. Looks very flash though which is important.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 11:09
Originally posted by bladebod bladebod wrote:

Looks very flash though which is important.
this!!!LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

check the run of the wiring sure someone else had issues with the wiring running close to something else and picking up interference.

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
bladebod View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bladebod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:50
Thanks Redrat will check that, the misfire went from mildly frustrating on my post-fitting test run, to absolutely unusable later in the day. Unplug it and alls well. Having had Q/shifters before (GSXR trackbikes) and not being overly impressed with the function or reliability back then, I was immediately impressed with the smoothness of shift (in between the misfires)
bladebod View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bladebod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:56
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

Originally posted by bladebod bladebod wrote:

Looks very flash though which is important.
this!!!LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

check the run of the wiring sure someone else had issues with the wiring running close to something else and picking up interference.

Yes its got to be worth another 15mph on top end on looks alone, especially at the burger van....lol....
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 14:20
Bladebod, the most obvious route for the qs wiring is along the Aprilia harness. But don't route it there!

Question everything.
bladebod View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bladebod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:55
[QUOTE=Diablo]Bladebod, the most obvious route for the qs wiring is along the Aprilia harness. But don't route it there!

Tell me more, thats exactly what the fitting instructions say to do, the Q/s loom is tailored quite well to run that direction as you must know, have you resolved a similar issue moving harness away from main cable run ? kinda makes sense it could be picking up noise from the main loom..

Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 17:04
Exactly that, noise from the loom.

I routed mine there originally, nice and tidy, but before I rode the bike with it newly installed.

A topic came up, on FB I think, about this same issue and people had had problems with that routing, with interference from the loom, so I routed it separately away from the loom. Mine is Gen 1, but they're the same QS, one just has bare wires on the end for PCV (gen 2), the other (gen1 or gen 2) has a connector for the PC3USB iirc.

Question everything.
bladebod View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bladebod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:05
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Exactly that, noise from the loom.

I routed mine there originally, nice and tidy, but before I rode the bike with it newly installed.

A topic came up, on FB I think, about this same issue and people had had problems with that routing, with interference from the loom, so I routed it separately away from the loom. Mine is Gen 1, but they're the same QS, one just has bare wires on the end for PCV (gen 2), the other (gen1 or gen 2) has a connector for the PC3USB iirc.

Thanks for the response, I will reroute it this week and post up the result.

Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 12:09
Hope it helps you Bod, will cost nothing to try and always best to start with the simple things first Thumbs Up
Question everything.
bladebod View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bladebod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 12:37
Yes that kind of problem is highly likely if the circuitry isnt shielded from spikes / noise etc, I will definitely post up the outcome. The bikes always had a degree of "Aprilia Lurch" when asking for power for overtakes etc, Griff did the Co2 so it now idles beautifully but still lurches. However when the Q/s is plugged in, the misfire becomes rhythmical like ON _ OFF _ ON _ OFF _ ON _ OFF, so its a bit like riding on the back of a wallaby at full tilt.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 13:04
What rpm and kill time have you got the QS set to work at?

Maybe the noise from the loom to the qs wire is sending signals and cutting the ignition? I'm no expert, just a thought.
Question everything.
bladebod View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bladebod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 14:55
At the moment I have only enabled the Q/s in the PC3, I didnt get any further than that at the time. In between lurches, the Q/s gives a perfect shift. So kill time is there or thereabouts, I could not see anything relating to kill time or min RPM activation at that stage. Need to look deeper into it. 
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 18:35
That might be making the mischief, if it's enabled but not set.

If I remember rightly, I set mine to 5500rpm and kill time of 65 or 75ms. I can check if you want. I don't think these have a default setting, so without the rpm set, but with it enabled, it could be throwing a wobbly.

Question everything.
bladebod View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bladebod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:20
Maybe, I bought the set up as a used kit Q/s and PC3, so was thinking there maybe a resident setting of some description in the memory ? dont know if thats feasible ?
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:44
Actually, it would be feasible, because if you don't have a laptop with the PC3, you power it up with a 9v battery and adapter with plug, to do it on a desktop etc.

I suppose the only way to know though is to check it on a PC.

I have a little rule in my head, to never assume anything Wink

Maybe go back to the basics and check it's settings/set it up as if it were new out of the box, to eliminate it as a potential cause.
Question everything.
bladebod View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bladebod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 08:50
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Actually, it would be feasible, because if you don't have a laptop with the PC3, you power it up with a 9v battery and adapter with plug, to do it on a desktop etc.

I suppose the only way to know though is to check it on a PC.

I have a little rule in my head, to never assume anything Wink

Maybe go back to the basics and check it's settings/set it up as if it were new out of the box, to eliminate it as a potential cause.

Yes good rule, just need time / my laptop / dry weather and plenty of tea, eventually all problems will reveal themselves....
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazzyJay71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 05:34
Just wondered if you sorted your qs out?   For months I've been having missfires and erratic running problems and my dynojet qs is routed along side the main loom. Just wondering if it's worth me trying to reroute it.   If so where would anyone recommend. So glad I've seen this post.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 06:20
Originally posted by JazzyJay71 JazzyJay71 wrote:

Just wondered if you sorted your qs out?   For months I've been having missfires and erratic running problems and my dynojet qs is routed along side the main loom. Just wondering if it's worth me trying to reroute it.   If so where would anyone recommend. So glad I've seen this post.
unplug the Qs to see if your misfires dissapear

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazzyJay71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 12:15
That's the plan tonight once I've fitted the new fuel pump which it also needed as kept dying on throttle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic