rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Your Bike
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A month of mods

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Binny74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A month of mods
    Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 21:56
Hi All,

It's been a few years since i last owned an Ape but after writing of my R1 3 months ago i set my heart on another V2 :)

After looking around at a few RSV's i found this super clean Bol d'Or a month ago.
It's on an 07 private RSV plate, 7.5k and fsh, SP slip on's (no standard cans though) 

I decided to go with some worthwhile mods from the off so stripped the bike down and fitted the T12 Tech oil cooling mod, Jacks SH847 series RR, RSV Ohlins damper, some AP rearsets, Oberon slave and cnc'd levers. I've also cut up the side stand and re-welded it in the same style as the fireblade stand mod.

I've not managed to get a proper ride on it yet as it hasn't stopped pi##ing down Angry
The charging system mods are giving 14.5v at idle so fingers crossed I'll have no issues 

Well that's my mod budget well and truly blown for a while, long term I'm planning on some of those mirror extender blocks, maybe a PC5 too.

What's the opinions on quick shifters for RSV's? never try'd one and I know very little about them tbh.

Cheers
Rich

Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 22:23
Beautiful bike
Congrats
😁
Binny74 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Binny74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 22:26
Originally posted by Ice-mille Ice-mille wrote:

Beautiful bike
Congrats
😁

Thanks mate Smile
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 23:10
Very tidy, I have a gen1 and love quick shifters, I have a cordona pq8 that works very well but there are lots around at the moment like hm,translogic, healtech, dynojet, bazzaz etc, they all work very well.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 23:40
Lovely bike and nice mods Thumbs Up

Did you make the CF heel guards for the AP rearsets yourself? Was thinking about that the other week.
Question everything.
Binny74 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Binny74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 23:46
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Lovely bike and nice mods Thumbs Up

Did you make the CF heel guards for the AP rearsets yourself? Was thinking about that the other week.

Thanks dude, 

Yeah i made them, didn't take too long either.

I work for a car manufacturer and we often get carbon booms on the production robots partially squashed or damaged beyond repair, be a shame to throw away the undamaged bits Wink
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 23:55
Ha Ha nice one LOL

Made a good job of them, they look great Clap
Question everything.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 01:43
That looks in fantastic condition a credit to previous owners or you've been very busy cleaning along with all the mods. Still plenty more to spend your money on!
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
colinmeadows View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote colinmeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 11:25
i run a quickshifter through a pc5 in race shift and i love it ! the quickshifter isnt a dynojet one but a non specific make push type off ebay for 90 odd quid if i remember ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic