rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My wife's driving

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My wife's driving
    Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 21:41
After spending the afternoon getting my bike all ready for the East anglia bbq and fitting my new tigs fired her up and wow what a noise. I was going out shortly so left my bike on the drive as I knew I'd be gone before the missus was back from swimming lessons with the kids.

Getting ready to go i was on the phone but noticed my wife back early ......THEN CRASH!!!

Yes she has just reversed into my bike. Pick it up like it's still pushbike and unbelievably there's no damage bar bent footpeg,scuffed bar end and lever that was already scuffed and a even the tigcraft cans already had a mark where it's gone down probably. No scratches anywhere at all its unbelievable. My focus has a good lump out of it and a two foot scratch so she was scraping it for a while car definitely came off worse. I am and she is incredibly lucky i still can't believe how little damage caused for such a heavy drop. Only thing is I now have cruise control so I need to take the throttle off and investigate.

Moral of the story. Don't leave your own bike on your own drive it's still not safe.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
cheesy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
top chef!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 21:55
Bet ya heart was pumping matey..
ooh you have tigsBig smile
04 Tuono Fighter
1060 gen2 motor & some....
Markymark67 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markymark67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 21:56
Hmmmm, good point, maybe next time I come round I'll leave the bike parked out the front of the shop and walk round, just to be on the safe side, eh Adam.

Wink
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 22:02
Sooooooo spawny ...

My jaw nearly hit the floor when i read your post about the rearsets dude, can't believe that's the only damage , result or what.... get us a lucky dip for tomorrow's Euro will you Ad
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 22:10
Honestly fellas you wouldn't even think it had been dropped let alone rammed by an estate focus. Apes are hardy beasts. I have never been so angry but once I'd calmed down and realised it was alright we made up even had a laugh about it over a bottle of wine. Wouldn't of done that if she'd wrecked my new cans though .
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 22:14
Originally posted by cheesy cheesy wrote:

Bet ya heart was pumping matey..
ooh you have tigsBig smile
Yes indeed they are rather tasty. Love the deep sound and they are the only cans I've tried with a noticble power difference very happy if bought them.
flatlander View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatlander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 23:03
Don't give in too early there's mileage in that yet especially for cough replacing bits SHE broke
"Si me dices ven lo dejo todo ... pero dime ven"
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 01:11
The hand of the Ape God came down and lowered it the last inch!

Seriously lucky Adam, I didn't realize it had just happened before the BBQ, when you told us.

I told you about the time when Mari was helping me put the bike on it's paddock stand outside didn't I?

She was in a hurry (and a bit grumpy tbh).

She only got the paddock stand located in the spool on my side of the bike and pushed the handle down quickly...

...thus ripping the bars out of my hands and over it went. It slid all the way down a grass river bank for 15 feet or so, in slo mo heading towards the river, stopping just a foot short as it dug in.

I had only just put a new immaculate side fairing on a few hours before, but still very relieved she wasn't swimming with the fishes (What Mari or the bike? LOL ).

Oh how we laughed... A year or two later when we were speaking again Evil Smile
Question everything.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 07:35
Yeah Rick that was a bloody lucky escape as well once it's in the drink it's all over That's another moral there don't ask your missus for help especially if she's in a mood it's only going to end in tears.

As far as your comment flatlander I'm definitely milking it I've wanted rearsets for years so I'm buying some now I might even replace the levers with an accosato mc's as I really miss the feel of them plus a few tarty bits that I was going to buy soon anyway. Every cloud and all that
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 08:32
Well guys you know the saying?

"If it's got wheels or tits, it's gonna be trouble" LOL

In saying that the number of times Susanne has helped lift the bike or remove a make shift spindle on axle stands clearly means I am on borrowed time!
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 08:32
So I take it she's in the garden in a tent for a while then and ya doin the right thing milk it dry mate
ive just got my first vtwin and i think i got the right one
Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 08:52
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

I'm definitely milking it I've wanted rearsets for years so I'm buying some now I might even replace the levers with an accosato  / Brembo RCS  mc's as I  think that they both got a little bit bumped and bashed when the bike went over  -  you cant be too careful with these things you know ! 
Certainly sounds like  a safety issue to me -  !!Wink
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 09:07
Originally posted by Zax Zax wrote:

Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

I'm definitely milking it I've wanted rearsets for years so I'm buying some now I might even replace the levers with an accosato  / Brembo RCS  mc's as I  think that they both got a little bit bumped and bashed when the bike went over  -  you cant be too careful with these things you know ! 

Certainly sounds like  a safety issue to me -  !!Wink
almost as dangerous as her driving
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic