rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > V4 Tuono > V4 Tuono.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone fitted the RSV4 Master cylinder?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birky_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone fitted the RSV4 Master cylinder?
    Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 07:46
As title says I'm looking at the Brembo 19x18 RCS master cylinder on my '16 Tuono as the oem is garbage

However I'm told the RSV version is very good so was wondering if this is one that could be fitted instead? Cheapest Brembo I've found is £212 but thinking maybe a search on forums or eBay would find a RSV one cheaper for near on equal quality

If not I'll just get the Brembo with the oro discs
Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me & current road/track

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeanBirkumshaw
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 08:45
Im glad its not just me feeling under whelmed with the front brake on the 1100.

Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 08:47
I put one on the my V2 Tuono and improved it a lot.

I have ridden an 1100 and thought the brakes were "lacking", and you can only improve things with an RCS.
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
Birky_D View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birky_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 09:27
Originally posted by Sabre Sabre wrote:

Im glad its not just me feeling under whelmed with the front brake on the 1100.

Originally posted by Fugly Fugly wrote:

I put one on the my V2 Tuono and improved it a lot.

I have ridden an 1100 and thought the brakes were "lacking", and you can only improve things with an RCS.

When I first got the bike I straight away thought something wasn't right. Turned out the 'pin' master cylinder recall hadnt been done so I thought 'great that'll fix it'. But it didnt. I have needed to loosen the clamp and pull it as far left as I can almost to the point where the clamp is on the bar as it bends down so that I can squeeze the lever more in the middle not on the very left edge (if that makes sense)

I am a bit fussy with ergo's tbh and had to drop both the clutch and brake lever down a bit too

But it still feels inconsistent and wooly almost. I dont think the extra pipework for ABS helps but I have ridden other makes with ABS which dont suffer this so I know I can fix it or figure out a solution keeping the ABS as its my road bike not track bike

Having looked on ebay now it seems for the sake of £50 more I might as well just buy a genuine Brembo unit for the Tuono rather then an RSV oem unit. There isn't that much price difference

Need to start saving...

Thunderpants1100 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunderpants1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 13:23
Have you ridden the 2017 Birky? They changed it this year not just the M50s. The M50s on my Monster R were really very good but they were not as good as the ones on the 2017 Factory.
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunderpants1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 13:23
I've heard of a couple of people now who have changed the master cylinder on their 2016.
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunderpants1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 13:24
Changed to the RSV4 that is.
Birky_D View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birky_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 13:54
No not ridden the 2017 and dont want to as I know I'll want it with the better master, calipers, blipper, dash etc

I'll keep my 2016 until I've racked up 18-20k (I do approx 6k a year) then I'll change so will when money allows just upgrade what I have

Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunderpants1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 19:04
yeah, lol, I know what you mean, for the sake of the bank balance you gotta be careful what you test ride! I noticed the youtube'er "5UP" mentioned he'd thought about changing to the RSV4 master cylinder.
https://youtu.be/mGJEAb-WNjU

Birky_D View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birky_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 20:20
Originally posted by Thunderpants1100 Thunderpants1100 wrote:

yeah, lol, I know what you mean, for the sake of the bank balance you gotta be careful what you test ride! I noticed the youtube'er "5UP" mentioned he'd thought about changing to the RSV4 master cylinder.
https://youtu.be/mGJEAb-WNjU

Just watched it. He runs a near on exact same setup as me. I thinking about the integrated back brake

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic