FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tweaking the Kwack...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tweaking the Kwack...
    Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 15:04
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Very nice Clap

It's fatal sitting in front of a pc with time on your hands isn't it?

Amazon and ebay keep coming up with things you can't do without LOL

It's murder Ian....online shopping will be the ruin of me ...
It is done for the year now though, just a few bits planned for over the winter but I can just ride it until then
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 14:03
Very nice Clap

It's fatal sitting in front of a pc with time on your hands isn't it?

Amazon and ebay keep coming up with things you can't do without LOL
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 13:20

Now I may have said that was it for the year....but I had a day off and time on my hands (always a dangerous combination )..... so the big Zed has now got a seat hump pad (courtesy of Jesters Trick Bits) and a TWM quick release fuel cap .... and both look very smart if I do say so myself😎
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 00:44
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

They are a seriously under rated bike.

The engines are a peach aren't they Hemi, need to be kept singing but once they're in that sweet spot, whoohoo....i can heartily recommend 1 down and 2 up on the gearing though ...
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 00:42
Top man, I'll look forward to seeing those dude😎🖒...
Oh, Jolly messaged me earlier..hes got the mould bsck now and should have the first one made in a couple of weeks or so.... so you shouldn't have long to wait now fella🙉... hehe.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 23:37
Originally posted by Paddedcell100 Paddedcell100 wrote:

Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Mate the holiday was amazing thanks and the bbq was bloody brilliant shame you couldn't come. You made me chuckle about the focus tipping point, I think my missus should read that my focus has done quite enough tipping hehe. She's looking lovely and I bet it flys definitely a great track sleeper!

Oops....was it a Focus your Mrs knocked the Factory over with? They're cursed those bloody cars... .
Hey, I meant to ask , have you turned that seat pad round yet? hehe....hows the Tigs sounding buddy? Could do with a couple of pics up to gawp at🖒.

I tell you what, I took the Kwack down my favourite road last week and when it's clear I can get a proper naughty shift on down there but last week I found myself arriving at corners way faster than I'd been used to , for the first time ever on that road... that ZX is a proper beast now , the next track day should be interesting 😎....
sounds like an absolute weapon as said very underrated bike especially in that state of tune. Yes it was the bloody focus heap but it came off worse haha. I got the few bits that were damaged in the post today bar the rearsets that I can't afford just yet but now the little odds and sods are sorted and I can post pics through the new app I'll put some up Sunday for all your viewing pleasure.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 19:55
They are a seriously under rated bike.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 19:53

Mate the holiday was amazing thanks and the bbq was bloody brilliant shame you couldn't come. You made me chuckle about the focus tipping point, I think my missus should read that my focus has done quite enough tipping hehe. She's looking lovely and I bet it flys definitely a great track sleeper!

Oops....was it a Focus your Mrs knocked the Factory over with? They're cursed those bloody cars... .
Hey, I meant to ask , have you turned that seat pad round yet? hehe....hows the Tigs sounding buddy? Could do with a couple of pics up to gawp at🖒.

I tell you what, I took the Kwack down my favourite road last week and when it's clear I can get a proper naughty shift on down there but last week I found myself arriving at corners way faster than I'd been used to , for the first time ever on that road... that ZX is a proper beast now , the next track day should be interesting 😎....
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 13:23
Originally posted by Shyted Shyted wrote:

One word" Plague of Locust"
Tuono still missing in action Adam?Tongue
Hi dave thought you'd gone MIA !

Hello bad apple my old cock sparra how the eff are you?
I'm good youth!
Been terrorizing on my tarmac tearaway , MT 10 likes a fair bit of head banging and did a bit down Ludlow way t'uther day.
20 mile tear up feck knows where. just know a rather well ridden 1190 superduke can't shake the 10.
Found out what MT really stands for " Mental Tw@t" because that's what it is.Big smileBig smileBig smile

glad to hear it mate obviously enjoying life on the mental twat haha. Life's been good here to mate I'll pm ya and fill you in.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 21:19

Hahaha, less of a plague, more like one giant, very irate Locust.... ...
Yes buddy, it's still on its travels somewhere, I'm sure I'll get a postcard from it at some point

I sense alien abduction here!!!
Batstards have gone off mutilating animals,now they've gone on to bikes.Cry

I'd think it's been probed to within an inch of its life by now poor thing....hey, maybe it'll come back with Dilithium crystals😎.....
Shyted View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 18:13

Yes buddy, it's still on its travels somewhere, I'm sure I'll get a postcard from it at some point

I sense alien abduction here!!!
Batstards have gone off mutilating animals,now they've gone on to bikes.Cry
I used to be uncertain , but now i'm not sure anymore
Shyted View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 18:05

Hello bad apple my old cock sparra how the eff are you?
I'm good youth!
Been terrorizing on my tarmac tearaway , MT 10 likes a fair bit of head banging and did a bit down Ludlow way t'uther day.
20 mile tear up feck knows where. just know a rather well ridden 1190 superduke can't shake the 10.
Found out what MT really stands for " Mental Tw@t" because that's what it is.Big smileBig smileBig smile

Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 17:39

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 16:48

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 16:48
Shyted View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 14:00
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 11:32

Looking great Ad . Accosato gear is top draw in my humble opinion and a little less common than brembo which is always a good thing.

Howdy Ad.
Only just saw your post buddy , been flat out with one thing or another...hope the holiday was good and sorry I missed the bbq, was off the road still until getting the mudguard back today and couldnt face coming up in my focus and being faced with all those Ape's, it would have tipped me over the edge .
Yeah, the ZX is pretty much done for the year now I think and it actually feels pretty good now and is certainly a lot livelier than a few weeks ago... time to get another trackday booked up I think😎
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 11:27

Well,the zx is back on the road again, sent the new seat hump off to get painted and while it was in had the mudguard repaired and resprayed, the forks have been serviced and have got new seals, oil and K-tech springs and it's now got an Accossato clutch perch to match the brake master....oh and 2 teeth bigger on the rear and 1 smaller on the front.... just had a shakedown run and blimey, the qa throttle and that new gearing has certainly pepped things up a bit ....
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 23:14
Looking great Ad . Accosato gear is top draw in my humble opinion and a little less common than brembo which is always a good thing.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 23:00
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Mine or pc's ?

Yours or PC'S ha ha.

Actually didn't you just stick some mags on yours?

I was just generalising there regarding made up pigs LOL

I just stuck OZ on my mille but I' m not bothering on the T
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 22:01

Tell me about it,I've been messing with old bikes for more than 50 years and I'm just starting to learn the lessonsConfused

Starting to appreciate the quote about a pig wearing lipstick is still a pig though. LOL

Still,no pockets in a shroud as they say

A pig wearing lipstick LOL LOL

I wanted to also write something sage and wise, but the Ms is giving me evils and kicking me off the PC Wink

Question everything.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 21:54
BST vote from me👍
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 21:44
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Flip a coin.

Oh if only it was as simple mate Ermm

Sorry Adam, i think I've hijacked yet another of your threads! LOL Embarrassed Embarrassed

One of the more unfortunate consequences of being the owner of 2 sets of cf wheels...? Big smile

Now about your Kwacker, any other plans, or just enjoy now as is?

Hahaha, hijack away Rick, mi post es tu post...😎...

My last word on the subject.... BST's f@cking rock🤘 ....

The Kwack? It's going to be another full on project I think, I have a head full of really uneccessary additions for it right now and I think I'm going to get a few quotes to see if they are realistically doable or not but....i quite fancy a 985cc big bore, a set of flatslides, slipper clutch etc....might be way out of my league pricewise but maybe not if I spread it over a few years again, if I can stretch to it though it'll be a proper sleeper😎
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 21:33

Mine or pc's ?

Yours or PC'S ha ha.

Actually didn't you just stick some mags on yours?
Question everything.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 21:21
Tell me about it,I've been messing with old bikes for more than 50 years and I'm just starting to learn the lessonsConfused

Starting to appreciate the quote about a pig wearing lipstick is still a pig though. LOL

Still,no pockets in a shroud as they say

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 21:19
Mine or pc's ?
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 20:47

Flip a coin.

Oh if only it was as simple mate Ermm

Sorry Adam, i think I've hijacked yet another of your threads! LOL Embarrassed Embarrassed

One of the more unfortunate consequences of being the owner of 2 sets of cf wheels...? Big smile

Now about your Kwacker, any other plans, or just enjoy now as is?
Question everything.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 20:30

Just get a pair of OZ and spend the £2500 left over on something worthwhile Wink

Incoming !!!

Oh I know Ian! You're totally right of course. I certainly don't need them either and already fitted OZ's.

I keep telling myself what else I could have with the money. I do want a jump on and go bike for running around on for instance. Something I don't have to worry too much about leaving in public!

The thing is that I get as much pleasure working on and looking at my bike as I do riding it these days. Which is a good job with my leg and back ha ha.

I used to build custom bikes and it might show in my mentality towards the Ape a bit.

Also, I've spent so much on it already. The 2 final things I want, is to put the BB I've already got in the bike running Autotune -and the cf wheels. Then there isn't much more I can do and the itch will have been scratched. Never had cf wheels and don't think that I'd ever even consider it on a different bike. No other sports bike has ever left such an impression on me though as the RSV, even outdated as it is now by the new stuff.

Maybe I should have bought those magnesium Dymags on here. I nearly did but got pipped at the post. My own fault for umming and ahhing about them. By the time they came up the second time, I'd already committed to the cf wheels, which I'd been holding out for anyway, before those ones came up.

Also in the not too distant future, I will want something more modern to put in the garage as well and will try everything to resist going down the same route with that, as I already have my "special".

I've got lots of bits coming up for sale, so that will help. Not unlike exchanging loads of bits I've collected over the years for a good portion of the wheels. I could shell out now, but after the last vet emergency, I want to build up another decent safety net!

I saved solidly for about five years for all the bits done so far. I have no mortgage or kids etc. I certainly ain't rich, always been careful with money, Just living a simple life here on the boat Big smile

But the wheels are calling to me ha ha LOL Shocked

Question everything.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 19:40
Just get a pair of OZ and spend the £2500 left over on something worthwhile Wink

Incoming !!!

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 19:21
Flip a coin.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic