rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Ride Outs / Meets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

East Anglian Meet Up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: East Anglian Meet Up
    Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 04:36
Thought I'd get this going again was mentioned last year and we decided to leave it until the sun returned which it most certainly has now.

Didn't think it would happen for me as I had to sell my bike but my new ones running sweet so it's long overdue.

I work weekends but I'm on holiday in a few weeks and I'm off the weekend I return which is the Saturday 8th July so figured that would be a good one to go for.

All welcome, let's see if we can get a good turn out. Was thinking route 11 cafe on the a11 would be pretty central for most?
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Birky_D View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birky_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 12:18
Im always out literally every week. Im out tomorrow, tuesday night then thursday night driving to Cadwell for a 'road bike only' trackday friday

I have tried a few times to get Essex people out and managed 1 person who had a good crack

Good luck with the organising this - I'm always game 
Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me & current road/track

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeanBirkumshaw
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 12:57
I'll have to check M's workshifts, but if the old back and leg are functional that day, I'll be there!
Question everything.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 15:06
Nice one Birky be good to meet a few from Essex were up for it so fingers crossed. Rick I really hope you can make it mate how are the limbs?
Birky_D View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birky_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 15:54
Im subscribed so soon as you got a date I'll be up for it

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 16:27
Originally posted by Birky_D Birky_D wrote:

Im subscribed so soon as you got a date I'll be up for it
Jollygiant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Carbon Whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollygiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 17:53
I'm working till 2. But depending on where and when you are going I may be able to meet up en-route.
Check out my pre-preg carbon fibre
www.jollyscarbon.co.uk
www.facebook.com/jollyscarbon
www.instagram.com/jollyscarbon

Has done The Ring…..Slowly but I did it!!
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 01:19
Originally posted by Jollygiant Jollygiant wrote:

I'm working till 2. But depending on where and when you are going I may be able to meet up en-route.
cool that would be great Ian never seen a touno racing in the flesh and with all your carbon mods she's a very unique bike. How's that airtray coming along?
Jollygiant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Carbon Whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollygiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 05:58
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Originally posted by Jollygiant Jollygiant wrote:

How's that airtray coming along?

Very slowly as I keep being messed around a lot by a lot of mould makers who say they want to help but seeing as I'm not spending £10,000s with them they don't really want to know. 

But I may have finally found someone but they are based in Sheffield!!

Check out my pre-preg carbon fibre
www.jollyscarbon.co.uk
www.facebook.com/jollyscarbon
www.instagram.com/jollyscarbon

Has done The Ring…..Slowly but I did it!!
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 09:42
Hi Adam,

I am back from Ring and Spa trackday on the Weds so am up for that.
Will also be able to bring the fuel pump with me.

Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 09:46
Just looked on Google Maps, is that also known as the Route 11 kitchen at Attleborough?

What time you thinking of?

Diablo, let me know if you are able to make it and we can ride over together.
Birky_D View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birky_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 09:58
Originally posted by Fugly Fugly wrote:

Hi Adam,

I am back from Ring and Spa trackday on the Weds so am up for that.
Will also be able to bring the fuel pump with me.

Have you just done Nurburgring? A few that I went with are going back next month but Im all out of holiday (and money). We are planning a big Euro trip next year though and will be going Spa & the B500 I think its called roads which are meant to be fantastic

IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 10:45
Isn't the B500 from Baden Baden down through the Black Forest?

I heard it's one of the best roads in Germany, I have family about 10 minutes away from it's lower reaches should I even manage to get over there on a bike

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Birky_D View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birky_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 10:48
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Isn't the B500 from Baden Baden down through the Black Forest?

I heard it's one of the best roads in Germany, I have family about 10 minutes away from it's lower reaches should I even manage to get over there on a bike

Thats the one - meant to be amazing to ride! 6 of us are planning a Euro trip next year, approx 2000 miles which includes that along the route

IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 11:06
It's a very nice area,not ridden it but have been driven round there quite a bit and always fancied it on a bike.

While you are in Baden Baden I can recommend you spend a day/afternoon/evening at the Roman baths   http://www.baden-baden.de/en/health-wellness/thermal-baths/caracalla-spa/

The upstairs naturalist area is stunning.      Mind you sharing a communal shower with a bunch of naked nubile German hotties larking about and getting all soapy is an experience in it's self Wink

We had a family day there,loads of different pools,temperatures,suana's,steam rooms,outdoor pools etc definitely going again next time we visit

Although actually it's probably at it's best on a winters night when it's snowing heavily,the heated outdoor pools are an amazing experience then

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 13:08
Bloody hell ian I saw you had replied and thought that's commitment coming from wales!

Yes Phil that's the one never been there but thought it would be a good central point. Not sure what time yet will wait and see who's coming and from where.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 15:24
Originally posted by Fugly Fugly wrote:

Just looked on Google Maps, is that also known as the Route 11 kitchen at Attleborough?

What time you thinking of?

Diablo, let me know if you are able to make it and we can ride over together.

Hi Phil

Sorry I've not been over to Chateaux Fugly yet.

I've only had one ride since the maiden voyage, what with one thing and another going on.

I'll give you a shout when I know I can deffo make it buddy Thumbs Up
Question everything.
Birky_D View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birky_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 15:29
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

It's a very nice area,not ridden it but have been driven round there quite a bit and always fancied it on a bike.

While you are in Baden Baden I can recommend you spend a day/afternoon/evening at the Roman baths   http://www.baden-baden.de/en/health-wellness/thermal-baths/caracalla-spa/

The upstairs naturalist area is stunning.      Mind you sharing a communal shower with a bunch of naked nubile German hotties larking about and getting all soapy is an experience in it's self Wink

We had a family day there,loads of different pools,temperatures,suana's,steam rooms,outdoor pools etc definitely going again next time we visit

Although actually it's probably at it's best on a winters night when it's snowing heavily,the heated outdoor pools are an amazing experience then

I will have to remember this post for when we go Wink

Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 16:07
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

[QUOTE=I'll give you a shout when I know I can deffo make it buddy Thumbs Up

No worries matey
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 01:53
This thread has moved to the general section Fugly has taken over the torch see bbq and ride out
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic