FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where's everyone going this weekend?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where's everyone going this weekend?
    Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 01:32
I was reminded of that fact too. Cheers lol . Hopefully dry Monday so I can get out after tea...
born ugly what's your excuse!!
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 22:30
Tongue  LOL
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 21:50
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Thank you for that upbeat thought Wink   LOL

You're welcome  Evil Smile
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 21:40
Thank you for that upbeat thought Wink   LOL

I said that to someone at work that the nights will start drawing in from now and they didn't believe me

Daft isn't it when we're not into July yet?

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 21:35
It was the longest day last Wednesday so we're on the home stretch now! Unhappy
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 20:39
Ha,I thought that so bought myself some spare wheels and a new pair of rain tyres just in case............ Never had a trackday since where I've needed them Shocked
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Birky_D View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birky_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 20:36
Bloody hope so, fed up with going to a track day and it rains
Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me & current road/track

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeanBirkumshaw
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 20:35
Hopefully the weather will be nice for riding tomorrow as I don't work mondays and I feel I should get out and try my camera I bought last year but that I haven't used on the Tuono yet

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

flatlander View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatlander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 17:45
Spain
"Si me dices ven lo dejo todo ... pero dime ven"
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 17:09
Sods law innit, my mate in Wrexham gets a sunday off and it's all planned for ride out and weather been lousy....is this the end of summer
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 01:35
Looks like you had a great day out. Yes it was baking hot or cracking flags as my friends in Colne say lol. Way too hot but damn it's been a long winter lol.
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 22:57
Yeh those yellow bellies are everywhere a wet piece of kitchen roll on there for a couple of minutes will clear the mess ,looks like a good day out .
Birky_D View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birky_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 22:21
I went out last night until about 2am to a local stretch where we have a thrash about but old bill came down and moved us along... I should know better at my age really

Then with 5 hours sleep I met a few of my Sunday group and did my usual. I'm not one to ever complain about hot weather, but it was really hot. Left at 7am and by 11am as we finished it was almost too much even with vents open and sitting at 60-80. By 2pm onwards it was 32 degrees here in Essex

Those Duke multistrada are such a deceptive bike. This one's got a full termi & ducati official race map. Comes up on the dash like the Aprilia. That an the mt10 are almost identical and if you've ever ridden an mt you'll know they ain't slow...

We then went Finch, perved at the young waitresses that serve ice cream at far too much money but get away with it and rode home. Good 160 mile ride

2 miles from my house I lifted my visor, something I rarely do at anything more than crawling pace but had the tint still down and this beauty hit me hard! I reckon that would've really hurt if that hit my face

legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 22:03
Just too hot to put leathers on so went shooting today and tinkered a bit in the garage later on. Got plans for a run to St Mary's Loch on Tuesday though when the temps look a bit more bearable.

Such a shame we moan about the bad weather then do the same when it's hot. I think I need some lightweight textiles for the two days a year we get like this!
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 16:47
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Hope you're all having fun. Back to work tonight but an earlyish finish so I'm up tomorrow to go for a ride with my dad to a classic bike show up in Wells north Norfolk around lunchtime then ride around the coast to Caistor-on-sea for a bbq at my father-in-laws. Looking forward to it!

Enjoy both of you and have a great day
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 15:02
Hope you're all having fun. Back to work tonight but an earlyish finish so I'm up tomorrow to go for a ride with my dad to a classic bike show up in Wells north Norfolk around lunchtime then ride around the coast to Caistor-on-sea for a bbq at my father-in-laws. Looking forward to it!
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 15:01

Well having just been out to the garage and taken the covers off the bike I've decided it's much too hot and I really can't be bothered to go riding,perhaps later this evening when it's cooler

Aye get out tonight and enjoy IanG. Lol we complain in winter when it's too cold and then it's too hot lol. I've just cut lawns and it's baking lol. Should have done it tonight. Too hot to do it in day. We need an inbetween weather front where the weather peeps class it as biking weather, not too hot or too cold, just right lol. However there's been loads bikes passing through town today lol
Sparky46 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sparky46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 14:34
Thats the joys of living in scotland....it's never too hot
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 14:33
Well having just been out to the garage and taken the covers off the bike I've decided it's much too hot and I really can't be bothered to go riding,perhaps later this evening when it's cooler
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 14:31
I know what you mean,I hardly bother these days,the Tuono was bought more as a project to do up rather than a working bike. 

The Mille was supposed to have been stripped and kept for track duty but I've not done one of those since last Easter due to working these silly shifts so that's just sitting there neglected.

In fact when I last saw Griff he advised selling that and tracking the T if wanted to play at any time,unsure what to do now but I certainly don't need two bikes atm and they take up a lot of garage space that would be good if it could be freed up
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 14:15
I have one of those one and 2 piece sexy based layers which wick away sweat and if I unzip me jacket a bit it helps keep cool. Bugger when you stop tho lol. Saturdays are out for me IanG as I have the son. Although in school holidays in might get a few free lol. I've done jack miles this year. If it carries on then as much as I hate to say it,is i might flog bike as it's just sitting there doing nowt. Probably won't but I just don't get time like I used to, riding is a great release for me so that's the only thing that's keeping her in the shed at min lol
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 13:12
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Too hot for me hobbling about in leathers.

I prefer very early morning or evening rides when this hot or I'd be a baked potato.

How do you guys do it?

I need another set of perforated leathers I think.

I normally wear the pants from my two piece leathers with a cordura jacket but it's much too hot for that,so I'll probably have to either settle for zipping on the matching top complete with trackday battle scars and duct tape or find my perforated one piece suit which is a pita.

Could really do with a summer weight textile mesh jacket,I hate the lack of pockets when wearing leathers on the road

Evenings are a good time to ride around here as most of the tourists have stopped for the night and the scamera vans will be less prolific.
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Birky_D View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birky_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 12:20
Sunday morning blast from Essex to Royston then to Finchingfield

Monday front wheel/disks off and send away to motoliner to try sort this slight warp

Then wednesday/thursday get disks back, fit along with some Conti race attack tyres, fresh performance brake fluid and Brembo SC pads and leave for cadwell park on track friday

Thats me sorted for the weekend and week...

Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 12:16
Too hot for me hobbling about in leathers.

I prefer very early morning or evening rides when this hot or I'd be a baked potato.

How do you guys do it?

I need another set of perforated leathers I think.

Question everything.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 10:57
That's the trouble with local roads,you get bored riding them,tbh I try and not ride on Sundays generally,too many t**sers about on two wheels and four for any enjoyment.

I don't work mondays so that's my favourite time to ride

Just got back from taking the Mrs to St Asaph and was pleasantly surprised by the almost total absence of traffic apart from the A55 inbound which is always heavy this time of the year, now can't really be bothered to get the bike out Shocked

I really do get more pleasure out of spannering on bikes than riding them these days

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 10:31

Planning on getting the bike out for a bimble somewhere,no idea where though,probably just be the same local haunts I expect Confused

How about you Aled?

Hopefully get out somewhere Sunday after my son goes back around half one. Depending on how mum is then I might manage 4 hours. I'd like to go Newtown /dolfor/Builth Wells/Llandovery. Again limiting factors are money and if I can leave mam. She not very steady at minute and in a lot of pain in her legs. Still, better at 90 than I am at 51 lol

Also I not been out for some long I'll be crawling around lol. Not that I'm bothered lol it'll be nice just to get out and ride if it happens. If I can only get an hour or so then it will be Aberystwyth for a cuppa and home. Nice place but it's my usual quick ride out spot and bored of place now lol
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 09:50
Hope to go up to Middleton in Teesdale, across to Brough then maybe down to Sedburgh and across to Hawes then home.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 09:40
Planning on getting the bike out for a bimble somewhere,no idea where though,probably just be the same local haunts I expect Confused

How about you Aled?
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Sparky46 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 09:33
Heading upto knockhill tomorrow for the british superbikes. Taking the car unfortunately
Rizla V4 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rizla V4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 08:26
Not sure yet, but it will involve meeting up with John Walker (uprated cables guy) as he is in my neck of the woods today Thumbs Up
Age is just a number.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic