rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Other Bikes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tweaked Tuono....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tweaked Tuono....
    Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 14:59
image ru

Dropped the Kwack in to have the valve clearances checked earlier today, the chap that's doing it for me is Andy, he used to be a mechanic at Forza Italia and he's got a unit of his own now ...
He likes modding his bikes as well and this is one he's had on the go for ages , first time ive seen it in the flesh was today..
It's a gen 2 Tuono, got a 916 swingarm and im pretty sure the tank is a handmade larger capacity one, plus the fairing is from one of Chris Walkers old Foggy Petronas bikes ...
He's still got to finish the exhaust and get it painted but I reckon it's looking very cool😎🖒
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 15:07
Wowsers, That's different! In a good way! Thumbs Up

I'd like just a little more side fairing, but that's ace. Lot of work gone into it. Is the seat / tail fairing Petronas too? The nose looks really nice.
Question everything.
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 15:16
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Wowsers, That's different! In a good way! Thumbs Up

I'd like just a little more side fairing, but that's ace. Lot of work gone into it. Is the seat / tail fairing Petronas too? The nose looks really nice.

Howdy Rick.
I'm honestly not sure, only had a chance for a quick natter this morning when I dropped the bike in, the bellypan is off of something else and I've got a feeling the tail is as well but I'll find out a bit more about it later on.
He did have a carbon fibre single swinger on it to begin with but had to sell it during a low cash flow moment .
I think it'll look well tidy when it's all sorted, different but very smart.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 20:09
Had a good chat with him when I picked up the bike and the seat unit is all hand built in aluminium, as is the tank, and hes just in the process of finishing off the exhaust...hes hoping to get it finished and painted in time for the Brackley festival of bikes .
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 20:34
That looks amazing. It must be a really special talent to be able to do something like that
born ugly what's your excuse!!
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 20:45
Way more nous and talent than me, that's for sure...this is his Ducati he built as well, it won best bike in show at the MCN festival (as well as best Ducati)... its sooooo gorgeous in the flesh...

upload photos
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 21:50
I absolutely love that!!!!
All works so well what a gorgeous bike.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 21:51
Both of them
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 23:32
Tidy aren't they Ad, I fell in love with his Duke as soon as I saw it last year, it's absolutely tiny as well, I'd never fit on it in a million years .
The stand was funny as well, think he's got it clipped inside the fairing now (it's a nicely machined thing that slides over the footrest) but he used to just have it in a little backpack and had to get it out of that whenever he parked up .
I'm looking forward to seeing the Tuono when he finishes it off, should look gorgeous .
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 04:16
That's perfect for my midget frame then haha not sure about sticking the side stand in a rucksack though even worse than the ape one at least it's attached joking aside he's obviously a very handy bloke fair play in wish I had a fraction of that talent to build a special one off if I done it it would definitely be special but not in a good way!
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 13:57
Maybe it's just me but the back end of that Rsv is at the wrong angle. It looks like it's been shunted up the bum and doesn't flow with the lines of the bike at all.

Don't do anything for me

snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 16:09
Let's see when it's finished, the Duke looks sh*t imo
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 16:57
Originally posted by snowman snowman wrote:

Each to their own dude , but this really doesn't do anything for you?...

image hosting no sign up
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 17:31
You can buy the Ducati as a kit ... frame and body kit etc ...the guy lists them on ebay

All you need is a 750/900ss

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 18:04
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

You can buy the Ducati as a kit ... frame and body kit etc ...the guy lists them on ebay

All you need is a 750/900ss

Still much nicer if you've got the skills to build it all yourself though😎
grahamives View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grahamives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 18:39

Doesn't do it for me either, give me an original 250/350 desmo anytime
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 19:13
Each to their own would be a dull old world if we all liked the same things in life.
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grahamives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 19:31
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Each to their own would be a dull old world if we all liked the same things in life.

That's true, my brother in law has a Harley
Cosmik de Bris View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmik de Bris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 03:16
Originally posted by grahamives grahamives wrote:

Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

That's true, my brother in law has a Harley

...and he's still your brother in law?

snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 11:48
Had Harley for 14yrs, FXWG 1983 ,ooooops every ones different ha ha ! No brakes , no handling & no performance did 50k on her then she let gudgeon pin go so sold it ?
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grahamives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 12:02

did 50k on her

He'll never do that, he lives on the IOM.
By the time he's set off he's back home, surprised he hasn't had to extend his garage just to fit it in 😄😄
[IMG]
apriliaferino View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apriliaferino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 14:20
Hey, where is this guy?  Assume he is not in the old forza premises?
It started yesterday ....
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 17:20
Originally posted by apriliaferino apriliaferino wrote:

Hey, where is this guy?  Assume he is not in the old forza premises?

No, he's got his own unit near Eastcote now...
This is his Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Cocoa-cafe-classics-924741024338219/

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic