rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Other Bikes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New addition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 17:52
I'm coming around to the Kwacka now... firmed the forks up as much as I could and took it for a blast down my favourite road and , even with those bouncy forks and sports touring tyres, that thing can hustle.... I've not been down that road any quicker on my T so that's shocked me a bit...once the forks are sorted and the brakes are uprated a tiny bit and a set of stickies shoved on the Dymag's this thing is going to move good and proper
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 18:22
Oh trust me they do hustle👍
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 18:31
Im actually pretty gobsmacked at just how much ability this thing has, the previous owner has released a lot of it obviously, but I honestly didn't expect that today... it's gonna be a weapon 😎
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 18:37
I was when I bought mine and still am, as said before I didn't even consider these years ago and thought they were behind the times when they came out but how wrong was I.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 18:41
Those engines are a peach aren't they, I brought a 15t front sprocket but dont think that's going to get fitted now ...im actually gagging to get it sorted and get a trackday booked up for it now
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 18:49
And to service it you don't have to take any bodywork off and the suspension linkage is covered with grease nipples👍
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 19:04
Ha, yeh, once I'd cleaned off all of the chain lube I clocked the linkage nipples, awesome...
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 19:37
Is this the track toy now then mate save the T for staring at and road hooliganism?
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 19:47
Im thinking so Ad...in a way it's daft because the T will be so sorted once it's back , but the more I've done to it and the nicer it's gotten, the more reluctant I am to take it on track ... I'll still take it on the odd one but im thinking I'll get the zx tweaked and then that'll be my proper track toy and I won't be anywhere near as precious about it and I can have a proper go at upping my pace a bit. 😎
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 19:52
I have a full new unused race products track fairing for my e1 if it would fit if your interested?
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 20:00
http://www.race-products.co.uk/?product_cat=zx9r-2000-2002
Full front fairing,seat unit and mudguard.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 20:05
Hmmmmm..... that sounds interesting Hemi🤔... I think I'll end up going down that route (and sticking a daytime mot on it for the odd road thrash)... I'll keep yours in mind buddy , i'll get the forks and brakes sorted and then that'll be the last job. Cheers though fella🖒
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 12:09
Originally posted by Paddedcell100 Paddedcell100 wrote:

Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Yowsers that's ace! Thumbs Up

How do the Dymags rate against your BST's for quality?

How do Rick.

After giving them a good clean today, as nice as they are, I have to say that,in my humble opinion, BST's are a better finished wheel than the Dymag's... They're good, there's just a few little areas, joins in the carbon etc, that make the BST's just look a more premium product ...so if it were me, choosing between the two, I'd choose the BST's...

Thanks very much buddy, that's a big help. One of the hardest decisions I've had in years. Every time I've made up my mind - Something comes along to change it. Shocked
Question everything.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 14:02
No problemo Rick, I'm always glad to assist somebody in frittering away 4 figures on bike bits .... 🖒
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic