FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Correct oil pipe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Quinn View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct oil pipe
    Posted: 18 May 2017 at 23:57
Interesting and could be very useful for some keep us posted with how it works out
purehavok View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purehavok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 22:36
Thought id post back to my own question. Iv ordered some gates hose rated for oil cooles. Rated +150c so it should be fine.

Grade was 100r6-8. Will post back to see how it goes.
purehavok View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purehavok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 11:53
I have had oil leaks turn back up after refitting the hoses to the oil cooler. They have gone brittle and clamps are having a hard time sealing.

Decided to replace the 2" part between the oil coolers and the lower oil feed from the bottom of the engine into the oil cooler.

Had a look for pipe grade i think its 12mm. SAE J30r6 is rated at 100c max. I dont think thats high enough? Anyone know a higher grade?

Might aswell sort it now while its off the road again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic