rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale, Swaps and Wants > Bikes for sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

08 Bol D'or replica for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOL D'OR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 08 Bol D'or replica for sale
    Posted: 09 May 2017 at 11:52
Got the RSV MOT'd on Friday, shocking realisation I've only done 680 miles on it since the last MOT.Cry
I've come to the conclusion I just don't have the time to ride on the road any more, so it is with a heavy heart I've decided to sell both bikes (RSV and Pegaso) and take stock from there.
I looked for a Bol D'or replica for ages and always said this would be a keeper, but it's silly having the thing sitting in the garage where I can't even stare at it. Cry
So, here's the rundown.

08 Gen 2 RSV1000R Bol D'or replica.
Only 5482 miles and two owners from new.
MOT'd Friday 5th May, no advisories.
It has the Ohlins front forks and Brembo calipers, Sachs rear shock.
The Ohlins were serviced with new seals by Mark at MH racing last year (receipts to prove).
The rear suspension linkage showed no signs of needing rebuilt, but I did it anyway with a completely new linkage (bearings already pressed in) and using the Teflon washers recommended by people on here (and I think sourced from a member).
I've had silicone hoses and an Oberon clutch slave cylinder fitted.
It gets the oil and filter changed every year, despite the lack of miles.
It has Akrapovic titanium silencers, and I got it changed to Map 2 and the throttle bodies balanced by Skinner Aprilia in Dundee (Rory Skinner's dad)
I still have the originals cans.
Carbon King rear hugger, still got the standard one too.
It has Pirelli Diablo Rosso tyres on that are as good as new.
It's fitted with Gilles chain adjusters, which are mega rare and make chain adjustment a joy instead of a chore.
The pads were recently changed to EBC, I still have the part worn Brembo ones, and I also changed the caliper pins at the same time.
It's fitted with a tail tidy, I still have the original rear guard.
I have the solo seat pad fitted, but still have the pillion pad.
It has powder coated Aprilia exhaust hangers, I have the pillion pegs.
It has black Oberon footrests, I still have the standard Aprilia ones.
Double bubble screen that has never been fitted, still wrapped up.
Two keys.
Spares that would come with the bike include some Brembo brake pins (still sealed) and a new hose and thermostat I've not had time to fit (tiny coolant leak at the thermostat fixed by a new clip until I fitted the new pipe/Thermo)
I also have an American spec sidestand waiting to be fitted, it's a bit ratty and I intended to get it painted/powder coated before fitting.
The bike is in lovely condition, I'm renowned amongst friends for the cleanliness of my bikes.
The only real mark on it, which bloody annoyed me, is a scratch in one of the white Aprilia stickers on the left hand fairing.
I've no idea how it happened, I suspect on the kids isn't owning up to scratching it in the garage.Angry
I will attach a photo of the scratch later, I've attached photos of when I collected the bike (before Akras) and a later photo with Akras and a horrible Duke in the background.Embarrassed
I hope I've successfully put across the love and care I've given this bike.Cry
Unless there's a Bol D'or in Britain that's been wrapped in cotton wool from new, I doubt you'll find a better one.
It's always kept in a garage, has only ever been ridden in the rain by accident and is always connected to an optimate.
It doesn't have any sprag issues, starting issues or charging issues.
It can be a bugger to find neutral when stopped (fine when rolling) and the clocks can sometimes mist up, you'll know these are common 'foibles' and not major faults.
The price I'm asking also reflects the private plate RV08 RSV will be included.
The bottom figure I'm prepared to accept it £4500, which I think is very fair, no offers.
It's rare, it's very low mileage, it's lovely, it's got good extras and a private plate worth £300 alone.
You can contact me through this forum, I will give out my mobile on PM if you want to talk.
Photos kindly posted below.

Oh, and if you know anyone who'd be interested in an equally tidy and low mileage Pegaso Strada 660 (the one with the Yamaha engine), let me know. LOL

redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 12:47
love these and probably the only gen2 I'd want to own due to the paint and I'm poor always the way ha ha
pics for you Thumbs Up

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 12:48
My all time fave colours on a Gen2    GLWS

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
BOL D'OR View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOL D'OR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 12:50
Cheers, I struggle to post photos on here for some reason.
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 13:00

Click 'IMG' instead of any other. Photwatbucket like to make it difficult ,
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 13:30
Originally posted by Af1 Af1 wrote:

Click 'IMG' instead of any other. Photwatbucket like to make it difficult ,
exactly what I did , copied the IMG codeThumbs Up

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 16:22
IF you still have this in June come along to the service day  and say HI to Griff and the lads.

I am sure that it will go by then though .  - I have always thought that this colour scheme looks much better when you are looking at the bike  - compared to the photos .
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 20:16
Great price for a stunning bike you will have no trouble shifting it good luck.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
BOL D'OR View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOL D'OR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 11:48
I've added some bits to the spec, I keep finding stuff I've bought with the intention of fitting but never get around to it.Confused
As promised, I've also taken a photo of the only mark on the bike, an annoying scratch through one of the white stickers on the LH panel.
I rarely notice it as it's on the sidestand side of the bike and therefore not really visible when you approach the bike.
I like to be honest about the condition, rather than give anyone any surprises.

Elliottwoodruff View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Elliottwoodruff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 08:49
Good luck with the sale, that's a very good bargain for someone after something alittle more special than just a factory
Current - Tuono Factory Gen2
Past - Tuono Bigbore Gen2 / Fireblade / SV650s2 / SV650s1 / FZ6
BOL D'OR View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOL D'OR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 09:13
Do you think a 'for sale' ad on the Facebook page would be better?
I didn't want to put a really long winded post on there, but it needs to be long-winded to get across everything I've done to the bike.
Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 10:49
Put a Brief description there and link to this advert  / thread Thumbs Up

YorkyMart View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YorkyMart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 21:25
Have you got an ad on eBay ? . It's the best and cheapest place. A classified ad for my bike for 30 days was £18. OK my buyer came through this forum, but I had 3 reserve viewers lined up in 24 hours, (plus 2 time waster dealers one of who I suspected was a bike breaker. ) There is no fundamental difference between an eBay classified and using MCN or Autotrader for classifieds, except eBay tends to be the go to place for everything the world and his cat wants these days. As it's a classified there is no further fee beyond the cost of listing. I had a Katy 640 moto on MCN and EBay a few years back, all the enquiries came from the Bay.
Packed in Working, Packed in Biking, The two things that were going to see me off !
BOL D'OR View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOL D'OR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 09:12
No, I haven't gone 'mainstream' with the RSV yet.
There's no hurry, I don't desperately need to raise funds or anything, so I'm still hoping I can give 'first refusal' to a proper enthusiast on here.
Then I can hopefully keep track of it, at least.
BOL D'OR View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOL D'OR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 12:36
**SOLD**

To some nice guys from SP Motorcycles in Exeter.
They called about my Pegaso, then took the RSV as well.

snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 12:53
Well done .
wilko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 12:28
Shoot, now on for £5994 in their showroom. Someone will not be getting a bargain Wink
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 18:01
Yep, that's how they make money!
BOL D'OR View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOL D'OR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 09:14
That price will have some wiggle room, I reckon they'll go down to £5500.00
Which is probably fair for a dealer, given they have to offer a warranty etc.
TBH, I'd have worded the ad better, they've not even mentioned the RSV numberplate.Confused
Nev10 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nev10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 23:06
Hi all, New to the forum, stumbled upon RSVR.net by chance looking for info on the RSV Bo'l Dor replica.

I'm looking to purchase one at the mo and believe the bike I'm interested is this one. Rang SP today hoping to do a deal but no movement on price. I was told the listed price was it, bottom line. I even suggested a 200 discount but no go Not sure what to do now I see the bike was sold for £4500

Nice to have the history on the bike and a link to previous owner. If I do manage a deal I'll let you know, the bike would be going to a good home, well cared for Italian collection in Ireland.
Trumpetman21 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trumpetman21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 18:11
They'll move on price when it's still up for sale this time next year....
4vr View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4vr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 21:20
how much on the pegaso pal
never poke the bear!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic