rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Your Bike
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi from a new member

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Presty72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi from a new member
    Posted: 03 May 2017 at 15:57
Hi all, just bought my first Aprilia - RSV Mille SP - I'm looking forward to taking it out for a spin and off to some shows.. Although it is currently being rebuilt back to factory standard by Griff. Anyone else got an SP out there? How many of the 150 are left?? It'd be great to chat to other owner. 
I'd show a picture but I havent a clue how to post photo's on a forum. Any help??

Cheers all. Presty

redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 16:47
Photo bucket is probably easiest then cut and paste the img od

As for the SP that's definately in at the deep end ..what did it need to be returned to standard?

Welcome along

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Alwaduk View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwaduk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 16:55
Welcome in to the madhouse. Can't go wrong if your bike is in with Griff. Not too far from me i'm over near Lancaster, give us a shout if you're ever over this way.
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Presty72 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Presty72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 07:57
Thanks for the welcome.
The bike had generally been sat for about 10 years without turning a wheel and had been used as a track toy for a short period before it got laid up. The previous owner had stripped all the exotic irreplaceable carbon panels off and put some cheap plastic ones back on. Griffs doing a sterling job off putting it back to original (all the parts came with it plus some more) and has put it all back together and is giving it a full service and MOT. I cant wait to get it back! A bit of Aprilia WSB history in my shed ;-)
Presty72 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Presty72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 07:59
ALWADUK - I'll give you a nudge on hear if I'm ever thinking of popping up to Devils Bridge?Wink
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 07:59
Ahh so that's your SP at Griff's then hehe, welcome in Matey and you've got your bike in the best hands, not many of the original SP's are left, a bike with awesome history...!!

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Presty72 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Presty72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 08:00
Does it look ok NickyBoy?? I live up t'north so can't get down to see it.. He says it sounds awesome with the twin shotgun exhausts..Smile
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 08:04
From the vids and pics that I've seen, it looks awesome.! The SP does have a unique sound too, you can definitely tell the engine is different, kinda tighter slightly deeper metallic tone, it's amazing hehe.!

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Presty72 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Presty72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 08:11
Cheers mate Big smileBig smile
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 08:13
No worries, if you need help posting up pics, just message me or RedRat and we'll post em up for ya...!

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Presty72 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Presty72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 08:29
Presty72 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Presty72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 08:30
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 08:42
WoW, the bike is looking MEGA clean mate Hehee

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 08:54
Looks lovely that.  Big smile

One thing though, it's still got the original UK sidestand. Get it swapped for the US version before you start using it.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 09:04
Lovely lovely machine you are a lucky man that's for sure. Welcome to the ape house
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Presty72 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Presty72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 09:12
Cheers all. I'll get more pics when its finished
Presty72 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Presty72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 09:12
Hi Legend88,

Whats wrong with the current side stand?? Cheers
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 09:39
It's too short and the foot sits to near the centre-line of the bike. It's the cause of many a topple  at the cost of many £££'s. It came from a 125 apparently. The US one is longer and the mounting bracket (Important to have that as well) sits the bike at a much more stable angle. Most people will say it's the first thing you should do when you get one of these bikes. See below from when I changed mine.

Presty72 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Presty72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 09:43
Cheers, will do!
I dont suppose you know of anyone with a spare red undertray??
Alwaduk View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwaduk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 09:49
I'l second the sidestand change, you don't want your nice original SP in pieces when it falls over in a gust of wind or just parking up slightly off level. Yes give us a shout on here or Pm if you're ever at Devils bridge, it's only about 10 miles from me.
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 09:50
No to the undertray, but I think I spotted one on ebay in the last couple of weeks. Should be still around as it's not the sort of thing that regularly gets damaged. I think there was a US stand on there too but they go quick so that might not be there now.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 11:24

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 14:52
That looks really nice, enjoy it
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
benx View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 17:08
Smashing bike Presty Thumbs Up

I'll third the side stand. A while ago mine was parked up and was blown over by a passing van. The stock stand is an example of weight saving stupidity.
Presty72 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Presty72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 08:00
Cheers Benx. I'll get one ordered this week!! Don't want my pride and joy falling over on the first run out!!
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 22:29
Beautiful bike, yup do the side stand, mine fell over on its own. 😱🤥
Presty72 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Presty72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 07:57
NickyBoy, Did you donate the rear hump?? If so, thanks a lot, really appreciate it. That's extremely kind... 
I think Griff is gonna sort out my calipers for you? Cheers. Presty
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 19:59
Welcome from the South...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic