rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Technical info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

carbon swingarm protectors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: carbon swingarm protectors
    Posted: 02 May 2017 at 21:40
Are the carbon swingarm protectors easy to remove ,i fancy a black swinging arm , maybe re anodised or spray painted , i would like to refit carbon protectors afterwards.
Thanks
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 21:55
How long is a piece of string, was it glued, taped or silioned on?
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 22:32
Welded LOL
Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 07:16
if it has been put on with silicone  then it will come off all right . ( just  the usual de-badging technique of running a line of dental floss behind it will cut the silicone  and remove the cover )

But if it is on with Sikaflex  then you are screwed  it is the gods own nightmare to remove ( having tried to peel off carbon fiber crash protectors on my last bike I know.  If it is on with Sikaflex then you will most likely destroy the carbon in the process.

give it a go and see what happens .
lesron View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 01:04
Hi thanks for the information, i assumed they where factory fitted to the rsv 1000r factory
My mistake for not knowing enough about all the spec and year changes
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 08:43
Originally posted by lesron lesron wrote:

Hi thanks for the information, i assumed they where factory fitted to the rsv 1000r factory
My mistake for not knowing enough about all the spec and year changes
if dental floss doesn't work get a bit of that packing strip that holds parcels together the thick plastic stuff pull a strand off that and try cutting through the glue

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 12:30
Excellent idea Clap

You just reminded me, on the Mille I made a loop of that to go round the the sides and underneath the battery,it makes for a very convenient lifting/carrying handle Wink

Send royalties to .....
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 13:45
I can't claim the credit my manager found it on you tube and just used it to chop off some car badges

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic