rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tuono > General & Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

F/discs 09 Tuono

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: F/discs 09 Tuono
    Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 12:02
Ok bogged off with the bobbin/ warped brembo discs , pain in the arse keep cleaning etc ,looking at Armstrong jobs anyone's ideas would be welcome . Thanks . PS only used on the road .
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 13:47
Why are you having problems?  The buttons should only need a quick spin and clean with brake cleaner a couple of times a year if that.

At least that's all mine need,in fact I just gave mine a refresh yesterday just as a precaution and it wasn't necessary as they were still rotating freely

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
FTM View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 14:39
Buy some Brembo Oro's, the original Brembo's are just too thin. I've had 2 sets of the originals warp, buttons were free, discs clean but they still pulse when you use the brakes. Not a problem at speed but going slow they are a pain in the arse. I've no idea what the Armstrong's perform like but being named after the biggest baddest family of Reivers in the history of the Debatable Lands can't be a bad thing. Wink

snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 22:46
FTM, exactly the same as yours bloody pain at low speed and pulling up to a set of lights etc. Will check out your suggestion, cheers
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 18:09
Just ordered Brembo Oro discs and some SBS race pads for Tuono factory , be a wk or so before I fit them and will let ya know what they perform like ?
FTM View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 20:18
I love my Oro's, can't remember which pads I got but they work.
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 20:43
Originally posted by FTM FTM wrote:

I love my Oro's, can't remember which pads I got but they work.
As you suggested with the discs. My discs were a nightmare coming home from Cornwall last Monday the high speed judder was the last straw as they are getting worse. Was informed the Oro,s are 1/2 a millimetre thicker than oem up to 5mm so shouldn't warp so easily , bloody wife's Yaris is getting bad too , but they can wait !
jond58 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jond58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 20:59
Mine are on eBay. Excellent condition. Grab a bargain!!!
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 22:39
Got Oro's and SBS on my gen 2 Tuono, awesome combo🖒
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 16:35
Well , discs & pads arrived today, on night shift so might fit at week end . Can't wait for a smooth , powerful front brake with no pulsing ?
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 18:17
Just fitted discs and Pads road test soon .
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 18:23
Well?
We're waiting.....
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 18:28
Soon .
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 18:31
Still waiting 🤔
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 20:01
Ok only done 18 MLS and the rain started, So spin the wheel and sounds like pads are in wrong way round, started normal light braking etc , don't seem much different than std Brembo but when I had to hit a bit harder after bend ( line of cars and a bloody Combine harvester doing 5 mph ish ) Yes the are better than std "my god they do bite" made up and that's with two fingers and shorty levers ! And to boot no vibration or pulsing and surging at low speeds . Shame fuel light and more so the rain stopped play, pleased !
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 17:07
Very pleased with new f/brakes , getting used to them now . As I said they certainly dig in when used hard, glad for the upgrade and info from guys on here , cheers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic