rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

front discs and pads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexnicholls2069 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: front discs and pads
    Posted: 06 Mar 2008 at 15:31
hi all

my front discs are warped.  do you think its better to get a new set like the galfer ones off this sites web shop or....go for OE brembo....or save the expence of buying discs,pads and calipers and just get my current set straightened out (if you can do that?)
quis does non iuguolo vos planto vos validus
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2008 at 16:19
You can get them straightened. Badger posted a chap that does them a while back. It's normally the carrier that bends not the braking surface from what he said. Or you may have stuck bobbins so the disk isn't floating

The genuine discs are probably a more expensive option if you get them from Aprilia. If it were me and i had to buy discs i would probably go wavey but qaulity items like Galfer, Wave etc.

Edited by Spoonz - 06 Mar 2008 at 16:19
smmrsvr View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smmrsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2008 at 16:59
I weighed up the same  set of options, finally plumped for a set of Braking wave front and rear and Brembo sintered pads for £399 delivered off Harris at NEC show.
This was cheaper than anyone else could do the same products for.

Fitted them now....look the bollocks and work as good as if not better than the OE stuff.
Il rombo di un gemello, un cursore sfregamento su asfalto, un estati calde giorno - io sono in cielo?
badger View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
orange juice and lemonade pls!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2008 at 19:44
How do you know they are warped first of all, have you made sure the buttons are spinning freely? this is common for them to stick, make sure they are free first before you spend any money.

This bloke is tops, £15 a disc to straighten, that is if it is the carrier that is bent, if it's not the carrier throw it in the canal.

Dave East Engineering
The Old Dairy
George Street
Enderby
Leicester
LE19 4NQ

Tel. 0116 2848296

He works Tues, Wed, Thursdays so keep trying if no answer.

HTHThumbs%20Up 

Edited by badger - 06 Mar 2008 at 19:47
joe 90 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Chief Stator tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe 90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2008 at 21:16

Hello, are they bent because you binned it ? (dropped).

alexnicholls2069 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexnicholls2069 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 19:50
no i didn't bin it thank god,  just bought it that way and they have got worse. but saying that its not so bad when its raining or had a going over with a cleaning rag. maybe it is the buttons
quis does non iuguolo vos planto vos validus
joe 90 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Chief Stator tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe 90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 20:03
hello, its hard to diagnose a lot of problems without seeing it, so this only should be a guide line, caliper, brake pads , maybe it has been dropped, but pursue anyway. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic